Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Buckhorn 76 - South Laurel 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Matt Day has 23 points and 17 rebounds...Dustin Caldwell had 23 for the Wildcats. Biggest win in maybe 20 years for Buckhorn (not counting the PCC district game). GREAT JOB JOHN NOBLE AND THE WILDCATS!!!!!!!
That's a big win for Buckhorn, CONGRATULATIONS!

South Laurel is one of the stronger 13th Region teams. Not typically as strong as they usually are but they are a sound team. Other than St. John and Gilbert, they really don't have anyone that can really take over and hurt you enough to beat a good team.

Way to start the season! 2-0:rockon:
Being from Buckhorn I would agree Brian Milam. This is the biggest win in a very long time not counting the Perry win in the district in 2007 (I believe) and the 96 All A Championship win over highly favored Hazard. Looks like this Buckhorn team may be for real this season. Congrats on a great start to the season.
Holy cow! Buckhorn is for real this year folks. Looks like Matt Day controlled this game.

Congrats Wildcats!
Day played like one of the top sophomores in the state tonight. Dustin Colwell went down mid-way through the third with an ankle sprain and did not return. At that point he had 22 points and 7 boards. Stidham and Blank, also, scored double figures. Great team team effort against a good SL team
Congratulations Buckhorn...very impressed.
Congrats Buckhorn!
Wow..upset?
Buckhorn was good last season with a bunch of underclassmen. 14th better beware.
Congrats Buckhorn
Wow, great win for Buckhorn
WOW!! Buckhorn looks like they're the REAL DEAL this year!! Congrats!!
Congrats on a heck of a win! The St. John kid is for real and looks like Matt Day played right with him and led the Wildcats to a big win. Going to be a great season for them.
Congrats, big win!
Way to go Buckhorn. :notworthy
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Congrats on a heck of a win! The St. John kid is for real and looks like Matt Day played right with him and led the Wildcats to a big win. Going to be a great season for them.

Dont want to dog anyone here, Matt Day played well sounds like. But if Colwell went down mid third with finishing with 22 sounds like he was tfe man doing the job at the time, while Day played entire game finished with one point more, why do we hear Day lead them to a victory. Come on people.
Hey I have another question, on the radio it gave Matt Day as 6'7 or "6 '6 cant remember, it gave Colwell as 6'2 so why does someone four inches shorter doing your tip off? Cant Day jump?
Someone keep us updated on future games and if Colwell is still injured and we can see who carrys this team. I know how Colwell plays and have watched him for years but I dont think Day will carry them without Colwell there.
Is Buckhorn really good or is South Laurel really bad?
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Is Buckhorn really good or is South Laurel really bad?

Buckhorn is a lot better then they have been and South Laurel is not as good as they use to be but is still a good team. It is a good win for Buckhorn.
Colwell has a fracture and will be out some time. He missed the Anderson Co. game this weekend and it really hurt Buckhorn. Colwell will be greatly missed.
Buckhorn will post a lot of wins this season.
14thfan Wrote:Someone keep us updated on future games and if Colwell is still injured and we can see who carrys this team. I know how Colwell plays and have watched him for years but I dont think Day will carry them without Colwell there.

Day can't carry this team without Colwell no more than Colwell could carry it without Day. Being the only true post players that Buckhorn has makes them both extremly valuable. That is one of the problems at being at a small school. When you have a really good team, you are usually only one injury away from struggling. Most big schools have 2 - 3 guys at every spot and, at a small school, a lot of times you just do not have that luxury, which was evidenced by Buckhorn struggling against a big, strong, older team like Anderson Co, who will be a factor in the 8th region this season.
I agree with this. Buckhorn has some real talent on this team but being a small school they can't afford that big injury. Hopefully Colwell can return. He is one of only 2 seniors on this team to go along with a ton of sophomores. With a healthy team, Buckhorn is very tough and can make a lot of noise in the 14th Region.
Good to see a kid from a small school making some noise. Congrats to Buckhorn