Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why arent there Tournaments?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems as if a football tourney would be exciting
^ you do, how can you add any more weeks to the schedule than the State tournament????
I always considered the playoffs a touranment.
I think we have 6 tournaments every year.
what do you think the playoffs are?

from webster dictionary.

play-off: a series of contests played

tournament:a series of games or contest
I know the playoffs are a tournament people. I mean like invitationals
If...Then Wrote:I know the playoffs are a tournament people. I mean like invitationals

What do you mean? You can't possibly be talking about playing game's same day or over a couple of days like a weekend Basketball or Baseball tournament? You can't do that in Football? Football is too demanding, and players need time to heal. You may get away with that with Pop Warner, then the kids are 10, but you can't do that with High School kids. I surely hope you don't mean that!!!!!
Stardust Wrote:What do you mean? You can't possibly be talking about playing game's same day or over a couple of days like a weekend Basketball or Baseball tournament? You can't do that in Football? Football is too demanding, and players need time to heal. You may get away with that with Pop Warner, then the kids are 10, but you can't do that with High School kids. I surely hope you don't mean that!!!!!

Not gonna lie. I do mean that. LOL

Not all on the same day, like daily
trying to play competitive football daily would dramatically increase the chance for serious injuries. most football players will have bumps, bruises, aches and pains for a day of so after a game. many carry small nagging pains through out the season. you are just putting too much wear and tear on the human body.
I would say you could do a touch football tournament in the same day.
I do like the idea of having multiple games like the Pike Co Bowl but have it at different places. More revenue for the school or kids, but I have to agree with Stardust, I think what you are talking about will only create more injury.
Not a football coach or parent around that would allow that to happen (including myself). Players get way too banged up, and need the rest. That's why teams will limit hitting again for 2-3 days between games.
They could do a Wednesday, Saturday or something possibly, but that wouldn't be too productive for whatever you are trying to promote. Just way to hard on the kids to have many games like that. But I would like to see the season shortened and if they need to play a Tuesday Saturday schedule, so be it.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:They could do a Wednesday, Saturday or something possibly, but that wouldn't be too productive for whatever you are trying to promote. Just way to hard on the kids to have many games like that. But I would like to see the season shortened and if they need to play a Tuesday Saturday schedule, so be it.

Why make the season shorter? How are you going to practice and game plan for that? 2 days to get ready for a game is not enough. 3 is even pushing it to an extreme and in the end it would be too hard on the player's bodies.
moot, will never happen
someone has obviously never played in an actual football game.....get real.:Hammer3: