Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lions @ Bengals 12/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The hapless Lions come to town, which should mean V-I-C-T-O-R-Y. How do the Bengals do? Cedric Benson will be back in the starting line-up, with a hungry Larry Johnson to fill in.

Bengals have looked poor against poor team all season, is this a repeat?
Bengals and Benson get the "W" on Sunday 42-7.
Lions with the upset
Lions upseting the Bengals, very doubtful.

I'll say Bengals take this game huge. Bengals by at least 20
Lions will play hard, but the Bengals will win going away 31-20..

Go Lions Big Grin
CardinalAlum Wrote:Lions with the upset

i agree
The Bengals have completely changed their team, a team that now resembles the make-up of the Steelers and Ravens. They are run first, possession football, and stinging defense. This does not make for exciting football, and it now keeps the games closer.

In years past, I would say that it was fun watching them score 35 points per game, but not fun watching them in 8,8, 4 and 5 games. I'll take the close games as long as they get the win.

As for this game, it will not surprise me that they win by less than 10, won't surprise me if they win by less than 7.
As I detailed in my post in the Bengals/Browns thread, Cincy has developed an alarming habit of playing down to the level of their competiton. They were lucky enough to get past the Browns with a couple of ugly wins, but it bit them in the butt against the Raiders. This Sunday would be a good time to stop this trend right now...

If Cincy plays to the level that they did against the better teams on their schedule, this is a laugher. But like Stardust said, I would not be surprised if this one went to the fourth with the outcome still in doubt.

I'll say Bengals 23, Lions 13.
More Cowbell Wrote:As I detailed in my post in the Bengals/Browns thread, Cincy has developed an alarming habit of playing down to the level of their competiton. They were lucky enough to get past the Browns with a couple of ugly wins, but it bit them in the butt against the Raiders. This Sunday would be a good time to stop this trend right now...

If Cincy plays to the level that they did against the better teams on their schedule, this is a laugher. But like Stardust said, I would not be surprised if this one went to the fourth with the outcome still in doubt.

I'll say Bengals 23, Lions 13.

Great post:Thumbs:
i was just glad to see LJ getting the KC monkey off his back and helping out a already really good bengals team. if you can come in and give us 100 yds in his first game thats saying something. now we have 2 back that can get it done and probably 3....
Im gonna go ahead and say it. Who Dey!?!?! Not the lions, this week we finally come out and put it on an inferior team!
Bengals- 27
Lions- 6
Blackout lifted for Lions game
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009...ions-game/

The blackout for Sunday’s Bengals game against the Lions was lifted after a bunch of local companies stepped up to buy the remaining tickets.

Fox19, Fifth Third Bank and Kroger led the way in helping ensure the blackout would be lifted. The team purchased tickets for distribution to local military families. Bud Light, JTM and Ohio Casualty also had roles in buying tickets.

This was the fourth time in seven home games that the Bengals received a 24-hour extension to avoid a local television blackout and had sponsors step up to buy tickets. When they received the extension on Thursday, the team said there were 3,500 tickets remaining.

It also means that the Bengals’ streak of regular-season and postseason games has been extended to 51.

On Saturday, Kroger will give away 500 tickets (250 pairs of tickets) to help generate non-perishable food items for St. Vincent de Paul.

At each of the following five Kroger stores tomorrow, two tickets each will be given to the first 50 people who come to the promotional van outside the store during the hours designated and donate at least 20 non-perishable food items.

The Kroger stores, and their donation times, will be:

Kroger Forest Park: (10 a.m.-11 a.m.)
Kroger Norwood – Surrey Square: (11 a.m.-noon)
Kroger Blue Ash – Hunt Road: (noon-1 p.m.)
Kroger Cherry Grove – Cherry Grove Plaza: (2 p.m.-3 p.m.)
Kroger Western Hills – Glenway Avenue: (4-5 p.m.)
Non-perishable food items needed include: peanut butter, canned tuna, soups, boxed macaroni & cheese, rice, pasta, canned apple juice, canned fruits and vegetables, canned chicken and boxed dinners (hamburger/tuna helper).

The last Bengals regular-season game not to sell out was on Nov. 9, 2003, when the Bengals hosted the Texans.

Through 12 weeks, 14 of the league’s 176 games have been blacked out (eight percent). That percentage will increase in the last five weeks as Cleveland, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Oakland and Detroit all face blackouts in the final month. The number will increase this week as the Jaguars host Miami.

The Bengals extension is the 17th issued this year. Besides the four here, extensions were granted in Arizona (four), San Diego (three), St. Louis (two), Oakland and Detroit along with one in Cleveland for this week’s game against the Chargers.

In spite of the blackout being lifted, there are seats remaining for the game. They can be purchased by phone through the Bengals Ticket Hotline at 513-621-8383 (TDTD). Also, tickets may be purchased in person at the Bengals ticket office at Paul Brown Stadium until 5 p.m. today, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. Saturday and on game day beginning at 9 a.m.
Well, from the look's from all the other game's. The Bengal's seem to struggle when playing bad teams. For instance the first time they played Cleveland, they barely pulled through winning 23-20. And again at Oakland, in which they lost 20-17..I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the Bengals barely get by..28-21. By the way. Does anyone know if Daunte Culpepper is starting now?