Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 52 - Shelby Valley 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
..Final
Congrats Bulldogs. Does anyone have any stats?
Rebuilding year at the Valley, Alfus?
Not really surprised by the score. I had it picked wrong, but I think both teams could interchange wins....
Low scoring game. Who were the top scorers?
i knew sv wasnt wat alfus said
"george w bush" Wrote:i knew sv wasnt wat alfus said

Go back, find at least one quote where I made Shelby Valley sound great...I'll be here waiting...
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Rebuilding year at the Valley, Alfus?

Haha..Yeah I guess so...Considering Hazard is a good team I wouldn't consider myself too worried about this loss...
Yeah, I wasn't meaning to put down them for losing to a good Hazard squad, I was just asking since I hadn't seen Valley play yet.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Yeah, I wasn't meaning to put down them for losing to a good Hazard squad, I was just asking since I hadn't seen Valley play yet.

Of course it's a rebuilding year when you lose 3 of the best players in the region...
Congrats Hazard!!
"alfus21" Wrote:Of course it's a rebuilding year when you lose 3 of the best players in the region...
Do you think they will miss coach Rowe and DD this year?
I viewed last years team as Rodney's a man i really respect.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Do you think they will miss coach Rowe and DD this year?

I think they will miss Rodney alot. Anybody that watched Valley any last year saw them get worse as the season went on under their new coach. They were lucky to win the region and wouldn't have if wasn't for the talent thay had. Looks like the Valley program is on the way down.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:Do you think they will miss coach Rowe and DD this year?

Yeah they'll miss Rodney...He was an amazing coach...
"basketballjones" Wrote:I think they will miss Rodney alot. Anybody that watched Valley any last year saw them get worse as the season went on under their new coach. They were lucky to win the region and wouldn't have if wasn't for the talent thay had. Looks like the Valley program is on the way down.

I will have to disagree with the Valley program on the way down statement..I think with the feeder programs (Dorton and Virgie) Shelby Valley will always be a contender in the region...
"alfus21" Wrote:I will have to disagree with the Valley program on the way down statement..I think with the feeder programs (Dorton and Virgie) Shelby Valley will always be a contender in the region...

I have heard rumors that the kids at Virgie now won't be going to Valley as long as Valleys coach is still there.
"basketballjones" Wrote:I have heard rumors that the kids at Virgie now won't be going to Valley as long as Valleys coach is still there.
That would be their choice about where they want to go and my feelings are if they don't care for the school enough then they need to look elsewhere. Shelby Valley has shown over the years that they can survive without someone not wanting to play because of the coach. I don't know this coach very well that is there however I do know Coach Rowe and some were aggravated at him and he was one of the more successful coaches around. The old saying that the grass is not always greener on the other side has been true in many cases.
I can't believe this score. My Rebels lose a heartbreaker to the Pike Central and now I see my prediction in this game was way off. I need some time to think. I did not post about the Johnson Central/Betsy Layne game but I told my buddied that Johnson Central would win.........does that count. P.S. Coach Martin will be dangerous with AC in March, mark it down.
The reason Hazard won this game was because they had outstanding team defense.
Hazard is suppoesed to be down every year and it seems like every year they are very good. Spurlock does a great job with them IMO.
Talking to a couple of friends and coaches in Pike, sounds like they may be a little trouble at valley. From what I can gather, a lot of people are questioning the new coach. I guess some want a change again.
Good job Dawgs. I am surprised about the low score though.
dont look for the good ball players from virgie and dorton to go to valley in the upcoming years
Valley's program is going down hill thanks to Booher, he's a joke didn't even deserve the coaching job everyone knows it but now everyone in the Valley will have to suffer from it. 42 points when's the last time Valley scored this low? Years maybe, anyways Hazard isn't that great, their down also but Spurlock is a well respected coach and they are better than Valley this year. Most of Valley's good athletes refuse to play for Booher except for Riddle but he can't do it by himself. Booher made his bed now he has to lie in it, has anyone checked out Valley's schedule shew toughest schedule in years ha.
And your correct have it your way, dorton and virgie's talent is going to Valley as of right now.
Shelby Valley, lets say this, they are highly over rated its about time that someone showed them that they cant win every game.. Although last year i did have respect for them but this year, i do not... they have made it clear they are the 15th region hopefulls.. but East Ridge has got something to prove after losing Slone and Branham and Coleman.. and I think this may be the year for another Region Title maybe even a district....
nice win for the bulldogs! One game dosent mean that valley will be down this year!
East ridge will never hear the horn blow.Their schedule is really weak plus they have no talent.Pikevllie and SV WILL REPRESENT the 59th this year.Confusedecret:
"bigmike06" Wrote:Shelby Valley, lets say this, they are highly over rated its about time that someone showed them that they cant win every game.. Although last year i did have respect for them but this year, i do not... they have made it clear they are the 15th region hopefulls.. but East Ridge has got something to prove after losing Slone and Branham and Coleman.. and I think this may be the year for another Region Title maybe even a district....
haha PIKEVILLE! Lost all their Seniors Correct?? Please tell me if im wrong? And Schedule strength for East Ridge and No Talent? Come on.. when u have 3 seniors leading a team... two offensive weapons and a defensive weapon and than a starting core consisting of a Junior Foward and a Sophmore guard... you play as ateam, you dont look for a star player... Like Valley Last year 5 guys who could ball with anyone... and they played as a team... but! also East Ridge Last year depended upon 1 player,.. and you cant do that.. Valley will have a tough road this year.. no matter to wat you think.. Schedule toughness means nothing at playoffs.. its the wins at playoff time that count.. .. So u might want to rethink ur picks to represent the 59th... Smile
"bigmike06" Wrote:haha PIKEVILLE! Lost all their Seniors Correct?? Please tell me if im wrong?
Most of the time teams do lose all of their seniors.
Pages: 1 2