Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eastern 60 - St. Xavier 45
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice start to the season for Eastern
Eastern looked really sloppy. Their offense never for going except for a 2 min stretch in the 3rd when they looked like themselves. Their defense was also suspect, allowing too many open mid-range shots and not getting out on shooters off of screens. It is early, I mean it was the first game...and as I expected talent was the overwhelming factor in this one instead of execution.

Remy Abell had a great game for Eastern, as he and Delquan Thomas seemed to be the only two who remembered how to rebound and get to the basket. A nice win for Eastern by a margin that should have been much more.

They better get it a little more together before their matchup with Manual on Fri. Nikolic will dominate the glass if they do not show a little more toughness down low and Samsel is one of the best shooters in Louisville, who will make them pay if they leave him open.
I kinda expected a margin similar to this. X always plays tough defense and tries to slow the game down which was going to keep it closer than it really should've been.

Either way, a W is a W. Congrats Eastern. I look forward to seeing them in the KOB in 3 weeks.