Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 58 - Prestonsburg 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to KHSAA.
Wow, nice win Clay County
Didn't go to the game, but heard Clay County dominated the boards tonight.

Would like to hear some details about the game though.

Congrats Tigers!
Is Pburg missing some players?
I'm sure Prestonsburg was a little shorthanded with the football team just finishing up the season this past Friday. I believe P-burg is better than this 29 point outing.
I don't know how good Clay is but you got to think it was rough without the FBALL players
I heard only about a minute or so of the game on the radio and Michael Burchett was playing then, but I don't think he or any other football players started. Not sure if all of them played either. I do know that Joseph Jamerson & Tyler Hall are not playing this season.
I talked to one of the players and he said that the football players didn't even come out until yesterday and that they'll be alright this season as soon as everyone gets on the same page. As in working the football players in with the fellas that have been practicing basketball for quite some time now.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I heard only about a minute or so of the game on the radio and Michael Burchett was playing then, but I don't think he or any other football players started. Not sure if all of them played either. I do know that Joseph Jamerson & Tyler Hall are not playing this season.

Two good players right there. Pburg coulda used them, no doubt.
Thats what I figured that most of the players for Pburg didnt play. But for Clay County, I've heard some great things from Coach Spurlock and the tigers, that they could make a run for Rupp. Congrats to Clay on the win.
Is prestonsburg that bad or is clay county that good?
leecoukfan Wrote:Is prestonsburg that bad or is clay county that good?

A combination of both. Prestonsburg returns only two players from their rotation last season. The inexperienced guys have got to step it up and at some point I think that Coach Pack will get the best out of them, but not right now where he's still working in the football players.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:A combination of both. Prestonsburg returns only two players from their rotation last season. The inexperienced guys have got to step it up and at some point I think that Coach Pack will get the best out of them, but not right now where he's still working in the football players.

Ok i was wondering, because i saw them play last year during the Christmas Tornament at Johnson Central and they looked pretty solid!
leecoukfan Wrote:Ok i was wondering, because i saw them play last year during the Christmas Tornament at Johnson Central and they looked pretty solid!

Yeah, Prestonsburg had a pretty good team last season that really never played up to their potential, but still got to the region semi-finals and met a very hot Lawrence County team.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Yeah, Prestonsburg had a pretty good team last season that really never played up to their potential, but still got to the region semi-finals and met a very hot Lawrence County team.

Well, i wish the Blackcats nothing but Good Luck this basketball season!!
Clay is ranked anywhere from 3rd to 5th in the 13th region this season. Losing their pg to a knee injury during football season really hurt.
A ugly loss to a weak McCreary Central team at the Rupp showcase Saturday has fans once again shaking their heads. A slow start this season could have Bob Keith coming out of retirement ......again.
I'm hoping for Prestonsburg players sake that they get the ship righted. I think its a shame that players that could contribute aren't playing. Boys that have played all their lives suddenly aren't playing. Just a crying dirty shame...
Not really a shocking score considering the football team has just started..... P=burg will be fine....
how many football players came out for the team?
this game would be closer in about a month
UncleFester Wrote:how many football players came out for the team?

Michael Burchett
Cameron Tincher
Josh Blackburn
Zak Key
Bryson Williams
Wes Robinson
Adam Crisp
Are you serious Fan First? McCreary is ranked in the top 3 of the 12th region. Have one of the best players in the state in Watts. What kind of statement is that, other than someone who has no clue what the heck they are talking about. Clay will be fine. They had an off night shooting. And it's just a scrimmage.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read. And the Bobby Keith statement is right under it.

Go cheer for South Laurel or Corbin if you can't support the team 110%!!
Look for Keith to take over for a while if Clay gets off to a slow start. He then would turn the program over to Messer from Clinton. It has been discussed and all seem to be on board with the solution.
It has happened before.
Exactly who is "all" that is on board and where do all of these backdoor meetings take place. The last I checked the dirty politics in Clay County are being done away with and the kids are being put first for a change. I am not in the know of everything about Clay County but I can assure you that the administration is behind Spurlock because he is good for the kids. You won't find a more classy and disciplined group of kids and they put a pretty competitive team on the floor every night. And if you were the true fan that you say your are, and even with your dislike of Spurlock, you could of at least gave a shout out to the boys for a pretty good win on the road. Two hour drive and out of region and a 29 point win. Good job boys. Keep playing hard. I would imagine Prestonsburg will get better. They have a good coach and a really good player in Burchett. He is top quality kid with great mannerisms on the floor. And lastly, a shout out to Daredevil4life, you were right on the money with your breakdown concerning the post you were describing earlier in this thread.