Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1st NKY Coaches Polls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boys Poll

First-place votes in parentheses

Rank-Team Points Last year
1. Holmes (7) 79 36-2
2. Boone Co. (1) 70 26-5
3. Highlands 60 21-9
4. NewCath 46 18-11
5. Ryle 36 17-11
6. Scott 30 23-9
7. Newport 29 16-11
8. Dixie Heights 24 13-17
9. CovCath 23 8-19
10. Conner 22 13-15

Others: St. Henry (15-12) 6, Beechwood (22-6) 3, Simon Kenton (9-17) 3, Bishop Brossart (18-10) 1

Thank You Ryan Ernst And NKY.com
I really don't see how Boone is ranked ahead of Highlands considering the Birds return everyone from last year's team that beat Boone.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I really don't see how Boone is ranked ahead of Highlands considering the Birds return everyone from last year's team that beat Boone.

That Baffles Me Also!!!
Only eight coaches voted in this though so there's going to be a few arguments regarding where teams are ranked.
Looks like Boone's coach was one of them that voted.
goodguy Wrote:Looks like Boone's coach was one of them that voted.

:lmao:Confusedhh:
kywldcat01 Wrote:I really don't see how Boone is ranked ahead of Highlands considering the Birds return everyone from last year's team that beat Boone.

Agreed. Has to be on history not based on what the teams came into the season with
goodguy Wrote:Looks like Boone's coach was one of them that voted.

You think :eyeroll:

:thatsfunn
Stardust Wrote:Agreed. Has to be on history not based on what the teams came into the season with

I agree.

Highlands is going to surprise a lot of people this year around the state.

They have tremendous depth in the front court with 6'6 Grubbs, 6'5 Watson, 6'4 Dill, 6'4 Smith-Keller, and 6'6 Stewart.
I am glad to see that Boone's staff feel that highly of there program lol but I don't see them being better than the birds or dogs this season.