Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton Results from Knott County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hazard 51
Dorton 15

Cowan 45
Dorton 34

So much for playing good basketball right now. I will post stats in a little bit.
Coach, did you have a bunch out? Has to be more to this than the score.....
School Admin. Wrote:Coach, did you have a bunch out? Has to be more to this than the score.....

I had 3 of the subs out, but all my starters were there. They just acted like they didn't want to play. They said they were tired from all the games lately. Maybe we've overdone it.
Coach, I am sure your kids were tired, you have played a lot of basketball. Your team is MUCH BETTER than what they showed at K.C.
Yeah, they played well yesterday shorthanded. I expected a lot more today with Owen back, but none of them were ready to play.
Welcome to our world of late coach! I'm not even sure where our boys have gone. I don't know if you were there to see the 18 point lead we blew on South Floyd or the fact that we shot 18% from the field and 0/17 from the free throw line against Belfry...which included 11 missed layups.
Guys, everyone has an off-night.... These are kids! LOL If you can figure out what they will do, please let me know! LOL I have watched Feds Creek come out slow in the last 2-3 games, get themselves in a hole and pull out of it, or be in too deep to pull out. You never know! Lots of good teams this year.... Be patient, and I know that's hard, believe me! Sometimes, I wonder what my kids are thinking about, in all aspects, not just on the court.... Some days, however, I admire they way they think and the choices they make!
bball_fan Wrote:Welcome to our world of late coach! I'm not even sure where our boys have gone. I don't know if you were there to see the 18 point lead we blew on South Floyd or the fact that we shot 18% from the field and 0/17 from the free throw line against Belfry...which included 11 missed layups.

The lead on SF was I believe 5-15 or 5-17, in which the Raiders either closed to 1pt. at half or was up 1pt. at half. Not exactly sure. But, there wasn't an 18pt. lead by either team in the game. In 2nd half, SF did however maintain a 10-12pt. lead. Which ended up leading us to a 58-50 victory over a well-coached team and former middle school teammate/college teammate for a short amount of time, in Brandon Kidd.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mullins in the finals of the Pike County Tournament down the road.
At this point in the season, it would surprise me to see 2 of any 6 teams in the County finals!