Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell, Greenup, Raceland 2010 game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Ram Fan04 Wrote:At least we can make it to the region. Heck at least we can make it past the first round!!(Not intended towards devils fans, this was one of the very few years the devils had a quick exit.)

Until you hav a better season than .500 and a district title within the past 5 years you have no room to put down any team!
I am not putting the Rams down, I am saying they can never win the (:please:big) game, to get them to the semis, or state.
Rister is not a D1 or D2 QB. He is a good player for our area, but not at the next level.
All we care about in GC, is whether he (Rister) can read the belly?
I dont care what class it is. We all have our LCA's,Belfrys, and Fort Thomas's. All we pretty much do is beat up on one another(which is fun and spirited), but when it comes down to it we are no match for the bigger city school. Every now and then they throw us a bone, but still hard to compete with them.
CleanupMan Wrote:I seen where people posted on various sites that Rister is D1 or D2 football player, now somebody says he can't win GC QB job. WOW:flame:

I read a lot of these post and have NEVER seen that statement! Good kid but slow for QB!
that's right Wrote:I read a lot of these post and have NEVER seen that statement! Good kid but slow for QB!
Different site. :eyeroll:
I make my rounds on many sites ky and ohio and your the first for that one I can find!
CLEANUPMAN was correct. I have no dog in this fight but have also saw that posted on another site right before football season of last year started.
Someone must have been drunk to make such a statement. If he is a Div 1 or Div 2 prospect, then Farley will be the next QB for Pete Carroll at USC. Farley was a much better passer, obviously a little better making his reads and scrambling as well. Good luck to all area players, but lets not get carried away.
Does not matter anymore, All Rister needs to do now is read the belly and run the option every now and then. The rare times he does pass, the wr will usually be wide open.
CleanupMan Wrote:Know for a fact Josh Reed transfer from McKell school to Raceland for sole reason to play Baseball for Raceland Varsity as a eight grader. If Josh would have stay at Greenup he would just now be making the Varsity team with limited playing time. Main reason for the change strictly Baseball period. Classroom had nothing to do with it. I can't speak for the other kids situations.:dontthink

I know for a fact you did not get this information from Josh Reed's dad. I have never made that statement to anyone. Fact is he did transfer to Raceland for the education. When he went there we had no idea he was going to even make the JV team, let alone the Varsity team. Greenup has a very good baseball program. So why would someone want to leave there and go somewhere else just to play baseball. To prove my point, my oldest child also transfered from Greenup and she never played a sport in her life. We got smarter the second time around and made the move at a younger age so there would not be any problems trying to get caught up in the classroom.
UKBLUE31 Wrote:I know for a fact you did not get this information from Josh Reed's dad. I have never made that statement to anyone. Fact is he did transfer to Raceland for the education. When he went there we had no idea he was going to even make the JV team, let alone the Varsity team. Greenup has a very good baseball program. So why would someone want to leave there and go somewhere else just to play baseball. To prove my point, my oldest child also transfered from Greenup and she never played a sport in her life. We got smarter the second time around and made the move at a younger age so there would not be any problems trying to get caught up in the classroom.
Maybe GC's program being so good is the reason. I think you knew he could play at Raceland as soon as he got there. At GC he may not have played at all. Big fish small pond.
Kosar Wrote:Maybe GC's program being so good is the reason. I think you knew he could play at Raceland as soon as he got there. At GC he may not have played at all. Big fish small pond.

You have a right to your opinion no matter how wrong.
IMHO Greenup beats both Russell and Raceland with relative ease, may be a close game, I dont know, Now Some small teams do upset the bigger better teams, Belfry usually manages to beat the lexington/metro teams, same with bell.
CleanupMan Wrote:Know for a fact Josh Reed transfer from McKell school to Raceland for sole reason to play Baseball for Raceland Varsity as a eight grader. If Josh would have stay at Greenup he would just now be making the Varsity team with limited playing time. Main reason for the change strictly Baseball period. Classroom had nothing to do with it. I can't speak for the other kids situations.:dontthink

I know for a fact that you have no idea what your talking about, considering Josh had no idea he was going to be playing for varsity or at all when he switched to Raceland. Main reason for the change strictly academics period.
If you read these sites long enough you will see a lot of stuff that isn't true from those people that are looking for something to try and show what caused their down falls! Most parents want the best education for their child before sports.
Kosar Wrote:Maybe GC's program being so good is the reason. I think you knew he could play at Raceland as soon as he got there. At GC he may not have played at all. Big fish small pond.

:biggrin:
I actually don't care what any above kids and parents do or what school they do it at. I know what was told to me face to face and by who.:HitWall:
That my story and sticking to it.:flame:
Back to the football games...I see GC winning both this year. From what I have heard about middle school and Jfl, I dont see Raceland being able to handle GC for quite a few years. I think the Raceland team that beat GC this year was 7th grade and that was after most of GC's 7th grade played an 8th grade game first. The 7th grade went to the final 4 in the state later on in the year and Raceland got beat in the first round. It looks like the days of little brother beating big brother are over for a while. Russell on the other hand looks pretty good in the youth program so I see some great games in the future between Russell and GC.
I totally agree w/ u Kosar.
The fact is Rister wants to throw, not hand the ball off and Hamilton cant throw the ball. Hamilton Imo could be a top reciever in the area with a qb such as Rister and would be a much better fit with his speed. Rister has played qb his whole life and is not fit for any other position. I look for copley to put rister at starting qb with hamilton at wr or possibly running back. :popcorn:
The backs will be Lyle, Troxler, Marsh, Hensley, and hopefully, Hampton.
If Rister pans out, Hamilton will be at WR. Backs will be as LClion said, with maybe Driggs and EJ Pack if he plays. He is a transfer from Shelby Valley who I have heard can play.
LClion4life Wrote:The backs will be Lyle, Troxler, Marsh, Hensley, and hopefully, Hampton.

I think alot of folks will be surprised if Troxler sticks it out.
The Rams will have the best qb in the area with two hard nosed running backs
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:The Rams will have the best qb in the area with two hard nosed running backs
BUT YOU ALL THROW MORE THAN YOU RUN, plus you took some hits on your line, we will see next season, it will be decided on the field.:argue:
Losing some good receivers who graduate as well at Raceland. There will be some guys who will have to step it up next year for sure. Farley is good,but I am not sure who the receivers will be.
RAMSPORTS Wrote:Losing some good receivers who graduate as well at Raceland. There will be some guys who will have to step it up next year for sure. Farley is good,but I am not sure who the receivers will be.

Im not for sure either but heres some guys they have to choose from..
Scotty Craft, Sam Hieneman, Ryan Tolliver, Austin Blankenship, John Kyle Valencourt. Justin Ratcliff, Philip Thompson and Tyler Nethercutt would help out a ton but I have no idea if they are playing next year.
Kosar Wrote:Back to the football games...I see GC winning both this year. From what I have heard about middle school and Jfl, I dont see Raceland being able to handle GC for quite a few years. I think the Raceland team that beat GC this year was 7th grade and that was after most of GC's 7th grade played an 8th grade game first. The 7th grade went to the final 4 in the state later on in the year and Raceland got beat in the first round. It looks like the days of little brother beating big brother are over for a while. Russell on the other hand looks pretty good in the youth program so I see some great games in the future between Russell and GC.

We are big brother now you egomaniacal weirdo!! The big Rams are a football factory up here in ram land. Why did Gc's 7th graders play in an 8th grade game anyway? Why didn't your 8th graders play in the 8th grade game? I forgot.....you guys are making your program better by playing 7th graders over your 8th graders so that will keep your numbers up. I guess you are banking on those 8th graders that didn't get to play in their on game coming back next year. HA!!!! Whatever.....You guys will have a different coach and about 22 players in about 3 years. RAMS ROLL!!!
Kosar Wrote:If Rister pans out, Hamilton will be at WR. Backs will be as LClion said, with maybe Driggs and EJ Pack if he plays. He is a transfer from Shelby Valley who I have heard can play.

What???? A transfer!!!! You are cheating!!!! Shelby valley needs to charge that kid $4000.00 for leaving that district......Pay up son!!! GC is becoming Raceland North. I can't believe you guys would except a transfer. I've lost all respect for GC.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6