Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Huntington Prep over Tates Creek
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The new Hjuntington Prep school beat
Tates Creek by about 25. Tates Creek played tough the first half. But Prep with an international cast made it a dunk fest in the second half. They had players from South Africa, France, Canada and Serbia. They are scrimmaging at Tug Valley , WV on Dec 9th.
This team has more talent then alot of mid major college teams lol Justin Coleman was very impressive. He could shoot the ball good and drive to the basket with ease. Number 22 Dieng has alot of potential too. This team is going to be hard to beat once they establish better team chemestry.
I am going to Tug Valley WV on the 9th to watch Prep scrimmage. I wanna see some dunks
I actually had expected a wider margin of victory from everything I've been hearing about Huntington Prep.
They need to develop chemistry and they really were not enthused in the first half. Tates Creek was giving them there all.
Huntington Prep? Is this the team that OJ & PP played for?
No. This is a new school. OJ went to Rose Hill before moving to Ohio
Patrick Patterson played for Huntington High. OJ moved back to Huntington his senior year . OJ played with Patterson at Huntington High for one year.
joethegreek Wrote:No. This is a new school. OJ went to Rose Hill before moving to Ohio

OJ played his senior season at Huntington HS with PP after attending North College Hill HS. So, from what you said, Huntington Prep and Huntington High are not the same????
They are different. Huntington prep is not eligible to compete for a WV state title. Huntington High is a regular high school. Patterson won three state titles in high school. They would have won without Mayo, but Mayo brought them the national publicity.
for this to be a first year school they are a dominate team they turned this game against tate creek into a dunk contest
^ where did the money come from? Anyone have a link on the school? I wonder if they will be playing Oak Hill
Stardust Wrote:^ where did the money come from? Anyone have a link on the school? I wonder if they will be playing Oak Hill

From what I've researched and found out about them is that O.J. Mayo actually funds them and yes they play Oak Hill, Findley Prep, ETC. They play all the top teams in the country and only play a few games in this area. I don't have a link but you can type in "Huntington Prep Basketball" on google and click on the 4th thing down and check them out with the schedule and everything.
^ Thanks, Great INFO
Hey they are scrimmaging at Tug Valley , WV on Dec 9th
Do they have any more games in KY? I'd love to go see them, but don't want to travel to WV
I don't know. I'll find out
^ Thx
Stardust Wrote:Do they have any more games in KY? I'd love to go see them, but don't want to travel to WV

Looks like they are playing Dayton Dunbar in Dayton on January the 17th.
It was a treat seeing H Prep warm up. Tates Creek seem scrappy now, but may turn some heads come April and March.
Old School Wrote:Looks like they are playing Dayton Dunbar in Dayton on January the 17th.

Thanks
Does Demarcus Cousins' little brother play for Tates Creek? If so, how did he fare against this higher level competition?
kryptonite Wrote:Does Demarcus Cousins' little brother play for Tates Creek? If so, how did he fare against this higher level competition?

From my understanding, he was at Tates Creek but recently moved back to Alabama.