Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 51 Scott Co. 49 (Scrimmage Fast Lane)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity pulls off the upset 51-49 of Scott Co. at Fast Lane Classic.
HollaBack Wrote:Trinity pulls off the upset 51-49 of Scott Co. at Fast Lane Classic.

How did they hold Scott Co. to 49?
HollaBack Wrote:Trinity pulls off the upset 51-49 of Scott Co. at Fast Lane Classic.

Wow, didn't see this coming.
Trinity is going to be a very good team this year but I wouldn't put too much stock in to this score.

You can't really tell much about a team from a scrimmage because a lot of the time both coaches are experimenting a lot.
Honestly, I've not seen you put much stock into any score, for not really having a team on here, other than Holmes, you have made a lot of excuses for nearly every team on this site that has been talked about. Whether it's something not right about the lineup, someone not playing like themselves, someone not playing, you've used them all.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Trinity is going to be a very good team this year but I wouldn't put too much stock in to this score.

You can't really tell much about a team from a scrimmage because a lot of the time both coaches are experimenting a lot.

Scott Co. was late getting to the game. They came off the bus and had to play. Trinity warmed up for 20 min before Scott County got on the court. Scott County had 17 turnovers. Chad Jackson had 7 or 8 fouls which each foul over 5 is 2 points and the ball back for Trinity. The whole team did not rebound the ball well. Coach Hicks did play 11 players. But I have to give it up to Trinity and Josh Sewell because they came to play and Scott County did not! Josh Sewell is a **** of a player. Do not count him out of the Mr. Basketball races.

Scott County kicks off December 3 away game against Louisville Ballard. So now it time to put up or shut up for Scott County.
Wish I could have watched this game, congrats to Trinity.
goldenrule19 Wrote:Scott Co. was late getting to the game. They came off the bus and had to play. Trinity warmed up for 20 min before Scott County got on the court. Scott County had 17 turnovers. Chad Jackson had 7 or 8 fouls which each foul over 5 is 2 points and the ball back for Trinity. The whole team did not rebound the ball well. Coach Hicks did play 11 players. But I have to give it up to Trinity and Josh Sewell because they came to play and Scott County did not! Josh Sewell is a **** of a player. Do not count him out of the Mr. Basketball races.

Scott County kicks off December 3 away game against Louisville Ballard. So now it time to put up or shut up for Scott County.

Don't worry. Scott Co will be fine. I think from some of the scrimmages across the state, we are seeing favorites get beat. Look for the same during the season. But what counts really is post season. Still look for Scott Co to be in Rupp.

Best of luck to your Cards this year.
Another interesting game for GRC
goldenrule19 Wrote:Scott Co. was late getting to the game. They came off the bus and had to play. Trinity warmed up for 20 min before Scott County got on the court. Scott County had 17 turnovers. Chad Jackson had 7 or 8 fouls which each foul over 5 is 2 points and the ball back for Trinity. The whole team did not rebound the ball well. Coach Hicks did play 11 players. But I have to give it up to Trinity and Josh Sewell because they came to play and Scott County did not! Josh Sewell is a **** of a player. Do not count him out of the Mr. Basketball races.

Scott County didn't get to the game late. I watched them walk in about halfway through the game that was played before. Idk why they came out to warm up late but they had plenty of time to warm up. :Thumbs:
catsfan4ever Wrote:Scott County didn't get to the game late. I watched them walk in about halfway through the game that was played before. Idk why they came out to warm up late but they had plenty of time to warm up. :Thumbs:

So wait, tonight you saw Tates Creek, Scott Co, and Shelby Valley play?
PC_You_Know Wrote:So wait, tonight you saw Tates Creek, Scott Co, and Shelby Valley play?

Yea I showed up there at 10 this morning for the first game belfry vs. Lawrence and stayed for the rest. I love watching high school basketball.
catsfan4ever Wrote:Scott County didn't get to the game late. I watched them walk in about halfway through the game that was played before. Idk why they came out to warm up late but they had plenty of time to warm up. :Thumbs:

Yes they had 10 min after a 4 hour school bus trip from Scott County! Wow Did you forget the part of what I said in the first place Scott County did not play well. They did not come to play and got beat! They better get it together or more of the same Thursday against Ballard! That was the worst game that I ever seen Ge'lawn Guyn and Chad Jackson play in two years. :please:
Trinity is a great team and Sewell is a beast! Coach Hicks needs to insist that the ball is passed until an open man is found. Trinity did it perfectly. I know defense wins championships but you do have to score 1 more than your opponent to win the game. He seems to care more about defense and less about getting a good shot. It could be a long season if Hicks doesn't make some adjustments.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Honestly, I've not seen you put much stock into any score, for not really having a team on here, other than Holmes, you have made a lot of excuses for nearly every team on this site that has been talked about. Whether it's something not right about the lineup, someone not playing like themselves, someone not playing, you've used them all.

IT'S A SCRIMMAGE! I've never seen a group of people or person for that matter make such a big deal about a preseason scrimmage game as some of those on here, including yourself. I'm a realist...get over it.

If you really think Trinity is a better team than Scott Co from one scrimmage, you obviously lack the basketball knowledge.

Want proof that you can't take much away from a scrimmage?

Tates Creek beat Holmes in a scrimmage last year by 10+ without Ricardo Johnson playing because of an injury. They met two weeks later with a heallthy Holmes team only using their first 7 rather than 11 and Holmes wins by 26. BTW, TC also played that game with Barksdale and Fucci. Fucci sat out of the scrimmage.

I'm not making excuses for anyone or anything. Simply stating facts that you can't take much away from a scrimmage. If I remember correctly SC didn't win any of their scrimmages last year either and we all seen how their season played out.
November 28, 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Trinity Tops Scott County in Scrimmage
Leading Mr. Basketball Candidate Josh Sewell Leads Rocks With 25 Points
INEZ, Ky. –Trinity senior Josh Sewell scored 25 points, including 11 points during a key 13-2 run, to propel Trinity to a 51-49 win over Scott County in the 2009 Fast Lane Classic in Inez, Kentucky at Sheldon Clark High School.
“Josh (Sewell) showed how special of a player he can be for us,” said head coach Mike Szabo. “He made some big plays for us today when we needed it. He took over the game in the third quarter when we fell behind and put us in a position to win the game.”
With his performance in wins over Bowling Green (No. 14 by Louisville Courier-Journal and No. 13 by Lexington Herald Leader) and No. 2 Scott County in two preseason scrimmages, Sewell has established himself as a top candidate for the Mr. Basketball award in the state of Kentucky. Sewell had 18 points in a Nov. 14 win over the Purples. He finished the preseason with an average of 21.5 points per game.
For his performance, he was awarded the game’s most valuable player by the host school.
“I really liked the way we played with great intensity tonight,” said Szabo. “I am proud of the way we competed against a very good team from Scott County. We did a great job of eliminating their transition game and handled their press well.”
“We are really excited about Friday night and the chance to open the new season. I look forward to seeing a huge student turnout.”
Trailing 27-20, Trinity went on a 13-2 run over the final 6:01 of the third quarter to take a 33-29 lead. The Shamrocks would trail just once the remainder of the ballgame at 43-41.
Sewell scored 10 of Trinity’s 17 points during the first half before scoring 15 in the second half.
Senior guard Daniel Corbett added six assists compared to just two turnovers against the full-court pressure of Scott County. He added four steals and also hit a key three-point field goal late in the fourth quarter, his only basket of the game.
The Cardinals had received attention in several national polls entering the season.
It was the second straight day that the Scott County Athletic Department had suffered a loss to the Shamrocks. The Trinity Football team registered a 42-13 win over the Cardinals on Friday night at Trinity’s Marshall Stadium to advance to the 2009 KHSAA Class AAAAAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl at Western Kentucky University’s Houchens/L.T. Smith Stadium.
Trinity opens the 2009-2010 season on Friday, Dec. 4, 2009 when the Shamrocks play host to Shelby County. Tipoff is set for 7:30 p.m. All Trinity students will be admitted free of charge with their student identification card.
Line Score 1 2 3 4 Final Records
Trinity 9 8 16 18 51 0-0
Scott County 9 11 9 20 49 0-0
Trinity (51)- Corbett 6, Foster 6, Saxton 2, Dieudonne 2, Sewell 25, Armstrong 5, Epley 5
Scott County (49)- Flannery 4, Euton 10, Ivey 3, Guyn 13, Jackson 9, Manning 6, Schu 4
Three Point Field Goals- Corbett, Sewell 2, Epley, Ivey, Guyn