Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: LCA 35 Hazard 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
The game tonight shows you that LCA was not head and shoulders better than hazard and that they had to earn the victory.
Congrats to both teams!! Great season Bulldogs!! You guys made a great comeback effort!! Keep your heads up! Congrat to LCA and good luck in the 1A State Championship!
great job both teams wished hazard would have won
Hmmmmmmm........who was the one that said that the most points that were scored on Hazard all season was 35 and also said it was all LCA would score.....ME! Who is the one gloating that LCA would put up 62 points on Hazard.........lets see if he comes forward and admits that Hazard is better than what they thought.
lCA will have its hands full next week it looks like
Great effort by Hazard. Congrats on another great season. Good luck to LCA in the Finals next week!
Congrats to LCA on the win and congrats to Hazard on a great season!!
Great comeback effort Bulldogs!! FIGHT 'TIL THE END!!!!!
Congrats LCA
Congratulations to Hazard! What a comeback and we had the ball in the hands of our player with about 12 seconds to go but he just couldn't hold on! I believe this is one of the most determined group of young men that I have seen in a long time and they certainly have nothing to hang their heads about with this loss. LCA has a very good team and Hazard gave them all they wanted and then some, if you ask me. Best of luck to LCA in the championship next week and Bulldogs, keep up the good work and you will be back next year on your own home field!

Go Bulldogs!!!
Hazard played them a lot closer then I thought. They have nothing to be ashamed of.
Hazard was down 7 and had the ball (4th down and 4) with 20 seconds to go - hoping to tie the game. Click on the link to listen to John McIntyre on WSGS and Hazard's final play of the game.

http://wsgs.com/haz_lex.wax
Class A
Hazard 7 7 7 7 28

Lexington Christian 14 14 7 0 35

Scoring summary:
LCA — Branden Burdette 58 pass from Lucas Witt (Chaz Witt kick); H — Zach Blanton 20 run (Austin Delpont kick); LCA — Domonique Hayden 2 run (C. Witt kick); LCA — Sam Duff 26 pass from L. Witt (C. Witt kick); H — B.J. Combs 9 pass from Jon Combs (Delpont kick); LCA — Branden Burdette 99 kickoff return (C. Witt kick); LCA — Hayden 2 run (C. Witt kick); H — Blanton 8 run (Delpont kick); H — Corey Slone 6 run (Delpont kick).

Kentucky.com
Lexington Christian built a seemingly comfortable 35-14 lead, then had to hold on for dear life before edging visiting Hazard 35-28 Friday in the Class A State semifinals.

So it's on to the finals, Dec. 5 at Bowling Green, to face Mayfield.

"They've got a lot of athletes, so we'll try to contain their speed," LCA Coach Paul Rains said of Mayfield. "That's not easily done ... but we'll give it the old LCA try."
http://www.kentucky.com/high_school/foot...37564.html
The Eagles (13-1) take a nine-game winning streak into the finals.

Hazard (9-5) came oh so close to duplicating last year's 28-21 semifinals upset of LCA.

After Domonique Hayden scored his second 2-yard touchdown of the night to give LCA a 35-14 lead early in the third quarter, the Bulldogs rallied.

Zach Blanton's 8-yard run late in the third quarter cut the deficit to two scores.

Zack Miller recovered an LCA fumble with 1:50 left in the third, leading to Corey Slone's 6-yard TD scamper with 10:59 left.

LCA tried to put the game away, but turned the ball over on downs at the Hazard 23. After a Hazard punt, the Eagles fumbled the ball away on the next play, at their 40.

The Bulldogs drove to the LCA 8, facing fourth-and-four with 20.7 seconds left.

Jon Combs bought time, scrambling for about eight seconds, then found Blanton open in the end zone. But Blanton couldn't hold on.

"He came in with a separated shoulder and would not go out of the ball game," Hazard Coach Mark Dixon said of Blanton. "And he's the one who kept us in the ball game. There were a lot of plays we could have made throughout the ball game."

"I've got to take my hat off to my football team because we played as hard as we could possibly play. We came in here and nobody gave us a chance. Everybody said we were gonna get beat (by) four and five touchdowns, and our boys battled and battled and fought, and had a chance right to the end."

Hayden finished with 178 yards on 28 rushes. He raised his state-record career totals to 136 touchdowns, 118 rushing TDs and 825 points.
leecoukfan Wrote:Hmmmmmmm........who was the one that said that the most points that were scored on Hazard all season was 35 and also said it was all LCA would score.....ME! Who is the one gloating that LCA would put up 62 points on Hazard.........lets see if he comes forward and admits that Hazard is better than what they thought.

You are obviously referring to me. I never said LCA would put up 62 points. I said they can score 62 points on anybody. Obviously Hazard has a good team or else they would have not made it to the semifinals. I had nothing against Hazard at all, I have followed and rooted for Hazard since they were district rivals with Raceland many years ago. I just thought LCA would win big based on what I saw the previous week and scores I have seen LCA put up throughout the season. Congratulations, to the Bulldogs. Hopefully Raceland and Hazard will be playing this weekend next year for a trip to the state finals.
Jarons Wrote:You are obviously referring to me. I never said LCA would put up 62 points. I said they can score 62 points on anybody. Obviously Hazard has a good team or else they would have not made it to the semifinals. I had nothing against Hazard at all, I have followed and rooted for Hazard since they were district rivals with Raceland many years ago. I just thought LCA would win big based on what I saw the previous week and scores I have seen LCA put up throughout the season. Congratulations, to the Bulldogs. Hopefully Raceland and Hazard will be playing this weekend next year for a trip to the state finals.

Ok, well i will let you off the hook lol. But, it did seem like you were kinda of arguing that LCA would put up 62. But, the games over with now and that is just a thought in the past now.
Congrats LCA. Awsome hard fought game for both squads. Good Luck next week LCA!!!
Well congratulations to a team that really needs help in facilities, kids, and other sources that do not need to be mentioned...

Congratulations to Coach Dixon and his staff.
Well and thank you for the backhanded compliment!
Nice hard fought win for LCA. Great season Bulldogs and way to rep the mnts. Both teams very likely could meet again next year???
BondJamesBond Wrote:Well congratulations to a team that really needs help in facilities, kids, and other sources that do not need to be mentioned...

BJB- -would you care to elaborate on what you mean by this comment? Because LCA plays on Crappy natural Grass field - unlike ALL the Lexington City teams AND Hazard who ALL play on Tax-dollar paid for nice synthetic turf fields! hhmmmmmmmmmmmm
ok, all the other teams around us (hazard) have grass, Letcher is the only one in the area that has turf besides us. He was talking about LCA when he made that comment
Ptp71 Wrote:ok, all the other teams around us (hazard) have grass, Letcher is the only one in the area that has turf besides us. He was talking about LCA when he made that comment
I know he was being derogatory towards LCA with his comments and I was trying to inquire as to what he meant exactly because our facilities are much worse than Hazards or anyone else's in our community.
Proud of my Bulldogs !! GOOD JOB!!! Good Luck to LCA