Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 38 Beechwood 0 (1A Semifinal)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Beechies get shutout on the road. Tough way for the Tigers to go out and ends there run of a streak State Championships.
Very impressive win by Mayfield!! Congrats!
Mayfield dominated every facet of the game and the game was not as close as the score
The Cards rolled up over 500 yards of total offense according the the radio on the drive home. Mayfield's speed hurt Beechwood early and in the 2nd half Mayfield just pounded the ball right at Beechwood. Mayfield led 17-0 at the half but only scored on 3 of 6 trips inside the Beechwood redzone. This included 2 scores called back on penalities. Great thing about it is that Mayfield only has a few seniors, look for much more Mayfield next year
Total domination by Mayfield. When I predicted Mayfield would win by 3 TD's I was scoffed at. I think people have underestimated how good Mayfield really is and just how fast they are. As demonstrated tonight, it isn't one or two guys out there with speed, its an entire platoon of speedsters. But the big guys up front were the real heroes in this game. They just had their way with Beechwood on both sides of the ball. Gonna be a good one next week.
Congrats Mayfield.
Quite surprised. Congrats Mayfield
Stardust Wrote:Quite surprised. Congrats Mayfield

You nor anyone else should have been, if you go back and look at the 2 teams closely I think you would have come to the conclusion that Mayfield was the likely favorite but clearly the margin of victory is a suprise for all. This game will likely get played again as both teams return nearly everyone
I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about Mayfield...very impressive W.
I have never seen Beechwood get blown out like that before. Looks like a good game next week against LCA.
Beachwood Blanked, NKY Post take on the game

http://www.kypost.com/content/sportsands...DTP7Q.cspx
This sums it up:

“We got beat up front,” Beechwood head coach Noel Rash said. “Early on, we were hanging in there, but we just couldn’t tackle. Then, we started getting beat up front, and the whole thing fell apart.”

Mayfield used all phases of its offense with devastating effectiveness, counting on big plays from both its running and passing games and then finishing off the Tigers with pure power football.

“It reminded me of some of our game plans,” Rash said. “It was like some of the games we’ve had this year, but we weren’t able to do it tonight. It’s a great way to play a football game because you’re getting the ball to your athletes in the first half and then taking the clock and using it to your advantage in the second half.”

The Cardinals did a lot of both.

“Obviously, the Shelton kid was better than our guys on the edge,” Rash said. “That loomed large.”
Jarons Wrote:I have never seen Beechwood get blown out like that before. Looks like a good game next week against LCA.

Aug 29, 09 Dixie Heights 7 - 47 (L)
Sep 19, 09 Covington Catholic 14 - 43 (L)

just as ugly!!!
How bout calling it what it was, a trip to the woodshed