Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Durell Olinger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He's a good player, great arm & speed for a quarterback
Yeah he was a great player. Anyone know where he plans to attend college?
No offense--but what is the point of this thread?

Sometimes, I get the impression that these types of threads are started by the very person who wants to hear about their selves.

On a different note--I agree. He was a good high school quarterback. But--
1. Is he "good" enough for D1 (maybe)
2. Is his arm "great" enough for D1 (I am leaning towards no right now)
3. Is his speed "good" enough for D1 (Yes)

On another note--KyHillBilly is really good looking, has great intelligence, and is fast for a 30 year old.
Best wishes to Mr. Olinger.
ollinger is a very good qb...i believe hes planning on goin to Miami (OH), but he has several other offers....he also had the highest QB rating in the state.....good luck ollinger
pugh is better and hes a junior
good luck to him where ever he descides to attend
I talked to his dad and he said he is going to Western KY
Here is the Hazard schedule this season:

* - Denotes Playoff Team

(W/L)Team....................Score (W/L) (Teams Beaten)

(1-9)Perry County Central.................38-20 (W) (East Ridge)
*(4-7)Prestonsburg...........................16-14 (W) (Magoffin, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley, East Ridge)
(1-9)Berea.......................................38-0 (W) (Bath County)
(2-8)Jenkins....................................81-12 (W) (Allen Central, Betsy Layne)
(3-7)Knott County Central...................49-0 (W) (Jenkins, Magoffin, Allen Central)
(2-8)Allen Central..............................59-0 (W) (Betsy Layne, Magoffin)
(4-6)South Floyd...............................53-0 (W) (Magoffin, Betsy Layne, Jenkins, Allen Central)
*(10-3)Paintsville...............................27-63 (L) (No List in Defeat)
*(8-4)Pikeville...................................52-26 (W) (Corbin, Prestonsburg, Allen Central, South Floyd, Phelps, Jenkins, Paintsville, Harlan)
*(4-7)Phelps......................................55-6 (W) (South Floyd, Jenkins, Allen Central, Betsy Layne)
*(9-3)Lynn Camp.....(1st Rd Playoffs).....20-38 (L) (No List in Defeat)

Total:
Record - (9-2)
Points For - 488
Points Against - 249
Record Against Playoff Teams - (3-2)
Record Against Teams With Winning Records - (1-2)
Quality Wins: 1 (Pikeville)
Teams That Hazard Was Better Than Comparing Schedules Other Than Teams They Faced: East Ridge(3-6), Magoffin County(1-9), Pike County Central(4-6), Bath County(1-9), Betsy Layne(0-10), Corbin(6-6), and Harlan(5-6)

It's just not good company when you can only say you have a better team than 1 team that is better than .500

Which brings up the point. Hazard played a very weak schedule, had a good record, and took a 1st round exit in the playoffs. Olinger put up some great numbers, no doubt about that. What I'd really like to see are his numbers against the 5 playoff teams he faced and even more so the 3 teams on the schedule with winning records.

I'd like to see
Comp-Att Yards TDs INTs Sacks......Rushes-Yards TDs

in each of those 5 games and see how they compare relatively for what he did for the season. I think Olinger was a good QB, but much of his success came against teams that were of very poor quality making his good numbers look much better than his actual ability.
I heard he was going to Tennessee or Kentucky.
Then he will be walking on, IMO. Kentucky doesn't need another QB, Considering Pulley and Will Filder coming up in the next class. Tennessee is a long shot also. They can recruit pretty much who they want. And IMO they are not going to give a scholly to a guy who didn't even make allstate. This is all my opinion though.
good ball player
Even though he did play on a weak schedule, Olinger is still a very impressive player. Good luck to him in college.
No one needs to worry this kid will definatly make it to d1 school
sf_football Wrote:pugh is better and hes a junior

He hasn't proven to be a true passer yet...Olinger has shown that he has the ability to run and throw...
sf_football Wrote:pugh is better and hes a junior

Pugh is good but he can't throw like olinger.......but what is the tread im gonna put my name on here to see if ppl will talk about me.
olinger is ten times better the Pugh
Olinger isn't better than Pugh. He just had more weapons around him. Pugh will be 10 times better his senior year than Olinger was.
Ollinger is overrated in my opinion i think he is an outstnading player dont get me worng but when u throw the ball 50 times a game with good recievers in highschool football ur gonna rack up stats
great player