Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Boyd County 12/1/09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thoughts/predictions
Last year Russell beat Boyd 73-57 on the way to a 5 win season is boyd any better this year or worse than last year?
Russell by 10
Anyone know anything about Boyd County this year?
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Anyone know anything about Boyd County this year?

The word is that there were some players that transferred or quit, as well as some new players. Also heard that the coaches, except for Coach Wooten, left to coach other teams or quit and they have added new coaches. Dont believe they will be any better than they were.
Junkyard Dog Wrote:The word is that there were some players that transferred or quit, as well as some new players. Also heard that the coaches, except for Coach Wooten, left to coach other teams or quit and they have added new coaches. Dont believe they will be any better than they were.
I guess it will be a tune up game for Russell then Boyd was bad last year I think they only won 3 all season.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I guess it will be a tune up game for Russell then Boyd was bad last year I think they only won 3 all season.

Boyd will be lucky to win a game this year. I would say that Rose Hill even has a strong chance to beat them as well. It is still a hard transition trying to believe that Boyd's program has hit this low.
Believe it. Basketball from sucks from top to bottom. To many people involved that know nothing about basketball. They will be lucky to win a game.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I guess it will be a tune up game for Russell then Boyd was bad last year I think they only won 3 all season.

I wouldn't be too confident as Russell only won a couple more than that last year! I do, however, believe this Russell team is on the rise. They should be fun to watch this year.
ryanparker Wrote:I wouldn't be too confident as Russell only won a couple more than that last year! I do, however, believe this Russell team is on the rise. They should be fun to watch this year.
I am fairly confident as Russell smashed boyd 73-57 last year and return nearly everyone. Boyd will be lucky to win one game they won a total of 3 last year and that was against a terrible south floyd, a terrible powell county and a win against a medocre raceland team.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I am fairly confident as Russell smashed boyd 73-57 last year and return nearly everyone. Boyd will be lucky to win one game they won a total of 3 last year and that was against a terrible south floyd, a terrible powell county and a win against a medocre raceland team.

I just can't imagine Boyd being as bad as they were last year for too many years in a row. Perhaps it is the past clouding my judgement. :-)

It seems like a lot of people are down on the Boyd County program and coach, but you never know how a team will come out. In the past, Russell starting the season at Boyd County would equal a loss more often than not.
ryanparker Wrote:I just can't imagine Boyd being as bad as they were last year for too many years in a row. Perhaps it is the past clouding my judgement. :-)

It seems like a lot of people are down on the Boyd County program and coach, but you never know how a team will come out. In the past, Russell starting the season at Boyd County would equal a loss more often than not.
Boyd is certainly not the teams they used to be in the 90s
I'm really looking to forward to friday to see how good russell does against greenup 2 6'7 and 2 6'5 guys and if they can handle greenup's length as they are the longest team Russell will see this year in the region.
ryanparker Wrote:I just can't imagine Boyd being as bad as they were last year for too many years in a row. Perhaps it is the past clouding my judgement. :-)

Trust me, there that bad!
I hope nothing but the best for Boyd County. People get on here and talk down about the coaches and it drives me crazy. I have coached ball for alot of years and for the most part coaching is so overrated you either have talent or you dont. Coach Wooten is a class act and when he took over no one gave that team much of a chance to win. Rick Pitino may have one 4 games with that team, does that mean Pitino can't coach. I guess in most peoples eyes he couldn't. Wooten's teams work hard in practice I have seen it. If your team is down by 1 with 3 seconds to go and you a miss a wide open layup more than half of the fans would want to know how the coach blowed another game. I have seen teams win for five years in a row and the talent dries up and team doesn't win a game the following year. Now to those parent's they think that guy cant coach at all. You have to give Wooten some time he will turn it around but it wont be overnite. All you can ask is for the kids to play hard and they will and be happy for that because it will be over all to soon.
Russell by 2
LionEagle Wrote:I hope nothing but the best for Boyd County. People get on here and talk down about the coaches and it drives me crazy. I have coached ball for alot of years and for the most part coaching is so overrated you either have talent or you dont. Coach Wooten is a class act and when he took over no one gave that team much of a chance to win. Rick Pitino may have one 4 games with that team, does that mean Pitino can't coach. I guess in most peoples eyes he couldn't. Wooten's teams work hard in practice I have seen it. If your team is down by 1 with 3 seconds to go and you a miss a wide open layup more than half of the fans would want to know how the coach blowed another game. I have seen teams win for five years in a row and the talent dries up and team doesn't win a game the following year. Now to those parent's they think that guy cant coach at all. You have to give Wooten some time he will turn it around but it wont be overnite. All you can ask is for the kids to play hard and they will and be happy for that because it will be over all to soon.

Like last year when he tried to press Elliot County and they hung a 137 on them.
I was there and actually thought Boyd looked OK in that game. Talent wise we wasn't even close but that is the style Boyd wants to play. I guess you wold have ran a 4 corner and got beat 40-10
LionEagle Wrote:I was there and actually thought Boyd looked OK in that game. Talent wise we wasn't even close but that is the style Boyd wants to play. I guess you wold have ran a 4 corner and got beat 40-10

All im saying is you can’t run a horse race with three legged camels. You have to play to your teams strengths, which he obviously didn’t. Its great to say I want to play this style and that style but it you dont have the players your really not doing them any justice.
Russell by 25. What really bothered me was what I saw in yesterday's basketball preview in the paper. That both Wooten and Watkins failed to take the time to vote for either the top teams or players in the region.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Russell by 25. What really bothered me was what I saw in yesterday's basketball preview in the paper. That both Wooten and Watkins failed to take the time to vote for either the top teams or players in the region.
Especially Watkins, that guy has all kinds of time on his hands.:yawn:
LIB MRDux Wrote:Especially Watkins, that guy has all kinds of time on his hands.:yawn:

Yea he had time to do the interview with the paper that was about him but he didn't seem to have time to vote on kids for tops in the area.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Yea he had time to do the interview with the paper that was about him but he didn't seem to have time to vote on kids for tops in the area.
It's his first rodeo, perhaps he doesn't feel qualified to make a vote, considering he's never seen them in person. Or he was just being a jerk, is that your assertion?