Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton Invitational Championship: Hazard 68 Dorton 58
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations Hazard. My boys played well also.

I will post stats and awards later. I am streaming the UK game right now.
Haynes, Arnett and Hall made All-Tournament Team and Hollan was MVP. (Hazard) Hardy received a Sportsmanship Award. (Hazard)

Congratulations Hazard!!!!!
Scoring by quarters:

1st: Dorton 17 Hazard 16

2nd: Hazard 34 Dorton 31

3rd: Hazard 45 Dorton 45

4th: Hazard 68 Dorton 58

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 35 points, 12 rebounds, 9 blocks
Owen Caudill 17 points, 3 assists
Jesse Lucas 6 points, 4 assists
Zach Cantrell 5 assists
Estil Bentley 2 rebounds

25-46 FG
0-3 Three Pointers
8-16 FT

For Hazard:

Hollan 37 points (19-20 from the free throw line)
Arnett 8 points
Hardy 8 points
Hall 6 points
Wells 4 points
Haynes 3 points
Meehan 2 points

All Sportsmanship Team:

Chris Frazier--Whitesburg
Hunter Hall--MJP
Charlie Maggard--Jenkins
Blake Rutherford--Cumberland
Josh Thacker--Elkhorn City
Andrew Fields--Johns Creek
Hunter Hardy--Hazard
Combs--Cowan
Christian Hagy--Feds Creek
Victor Fouts--Dorton
Pitts--Herald Whitaker

Can't remember names of kids from Paintsville and Belfry. I will post them later because I don't want to post the wrong name.

All Tournament Team:

Hollan--Hazard (MVP)
Arnett--Hazard
Haynes--Hazard
Hall--Hazard
Cody Belter--Dorton
Owen Caudill--Dorton
Jesse Lucas--Dorton
Camron Justice--Feds Creek
Johnny Miller--Feds Creek
Patrick Coleman--Feds Creek
Joseph--Herald Whitaker
Tim Howard--Herald Whitaker
Dillon Kincer--Whitesburg
Sam Robinson--Cowan
Cody Sexton--Martha Jane Potter
Anthony Jenkins--Cumberland

I would like to thank all teams who participated in our tournament this year. It was a lot of fun and we got to see some great team and individual talent. Boy's basketball in Eastern Kentucky is very competitive this year. I would also like to invite all teams back next season.

I would also like to thank all the parents and family members who worked so hard this week at concession and serving dinners. We couldn't do this without you!
Coach Davis

When do you play Virgie and Feds Creek?
EasyMoney Wrote:Coach Davis

When do you play Virgie and Feds Creek?

We play Virgie Dec 2nd at Dorton and Jan 20th at Virgie.

We play FC Jan 23rd at Dorton.
Both games will be a war!! Guaranteed!!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Scoring by quarters:

1st: Dorton 17 Hazard 16

2nd: Hazard 34 Dorton 31

3rd: Hazard 45 Dorton 45

4th: Hazard 68 Dorton 58

For Dorton:

Cody Belter 35 points, 12 rebounds, 9 blocks
Owen Caudill 17 points, 3 assists
Jesse Lucas 6 points, 4 assists
Zach Cantrell 5 assists
Estil Bentley 2 rebounds

25-46 FG
0-3 Three Pointers
8-16 FT

For Hazard:

Hollan 37 points (19-20 from the free throw line)
Arnett 8 points
Hardy 8 points
Hall 6 points
Wells 4 points
Haynes 3 points
Meehan 2 points

All Sportsmanship Team:

Chris Frazier--Whitesburg
Hunter Hall--MJP
Charlie Maggard--Jenkins
Blake Rutherford--Cumberland
Josh Thacker--Elkhorn City
Andrew Fields--Johns Creek
Hunter Hardy--Hazard
Combs--Cowan
Christian Hagy--Feds Creek
Victor Fouts--Dorton
Pitts--Herald Whitaker

Can't remember names of kids from Paintsville and Belfry. I will post them later because I don't want to post the wrong name.

All Tournament Team:

Hollan--Hazard (MVP)
Arnett--Hazard
Haynes--Hazard
Hall--Hazard
Cody Belter--Dorton
Owen Caudill--Dorton
Jesse Lucas--Dorton
Camron Justice--Feds Creek
Johnny Miller--Feds Creek
Patrick Coleman--Feds Creek
Joseph--Herald Whitaker
Tim Howard--Herald Whitaker
Dillon Kincer--Whitesburg
Sam Robinson--Cowan
Cody Sexton--Martha Jane Potter
Anthony Jenkins--Cumberland

I would like to thank all teams who participated in our tournament this year. It was a lot of fun and we got to see some great team and individual talent. Boy's basketball in Eastern Kentucky is very competitive this year. I would also like to invite all teams back next season.

I would also like to thank all the parents and family members who worked so hard this week at concession and serving dinners. We couldn't do this without you!
Belter is tough to guard he can spin move and cross the lane and not walk. Great hands. Jesse Lucas is way better than he gets credit for, he can get the ball to Belter at will with his DDO. Fun team to watch, Boys just play hard while you're on the floor, play aggressive, No time for laziness.
Good job Randy keep working hard
thts quite amazing stats 4 an middle school game
i didnt get 2 watch that game but it seen that the lucas kid is the most underrated played probably in the county.ive been following this tournament and he seems 2 put up some good numbers.that belter kid is really good 2.i agree that it will b a war between those 3 teams.i really do think that virgie will pull out on top though
Cubcoach Wrote:Good job Randy keep working hard

Thanks Coach.
in my opinion,hazard is the best team in eastern kentucky.there r many talented teams but it seem to me like hazard is the best.then i think johnson county second,virgie third,betsy lane fourth,and teh next spot is like the wild card race.many teams r lookin 4 that next spot
coach, not being able to attend this game I was told that your boys gave it their ALL!!! Belter is one heck of a player,Jesse is quick as lightning and Caudil is as good a defensive guard as I know of. Wish I could have seen this one .....Maybe there will be another match-up between these that I can see..... I know one thing YOU are a very much admiresd coach, not only from your boys but from other coaches as well. Keep up the good work and your team will really excel!!!!!
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Congratulations Hazard. My boys played well also.

Coach Davis, it appears Hazard is an awful good team and your Dorton team is playing well also. Any team with Belter is a good team, kind of wondering why only 3 players are scoring? You mentioned on your post you were streaming the UK game, don't you think UK is playing to the level of the competition and should be, with the talent they have, outdistancing these less than top ranked teams?
i got 2 play in this tournament and i thought that all the teams in the tournament played great.hazards a really good team and well coached,but so were a couple other teams in the tournament.my team is also well coached and have good chemistry.so is feds creek.pike county is stacked this year and it depends on who is playin good when.in my opinion,the southern side has alot of competition.the north has mullins and belfry if im not mistaken.i cant wait 2 c how county turns out this year
dortonite Wrote:Coach Davis, it appears Hazard is an awful good team and your Dorton team is playing well also. Any team with Belter is a good team, kind of wondering why only 3 players are scoring? You mentioned on your post you were streaming the UK game, don't you think UK is playing to the level of the competition and should be, with the talent they have, outdistancing these less than top ranked teams?

Only 3 players scored because the shots weren't falling for the other players, plus when Belter is scoring often inside you have to get him the ball. Our 2 guard was hurt and couldn't play (he usually puts up 5+ points) also. Hazard is a great team, and they were playing without one of their best, if not their best, players.

As far as UK, I think it will take them some time to create chemistry and they seem to be playing too much individual offense, instead of team offense, right now. Also their defense against the 3 point shot is very bad. They will play good defense for 25-30 seconds, then give up a wide open 3.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Congratulations Hazard. My boys played well also.

Coach, I know this is off topic but I don't know of any other way to get the information I seek. I would like to know if you know any stats from the game-scrimmage of SV and Logan yesterday.

I want to say also that I like the positive comments from coaches and fans and players about Dorton and their coach that happens to be you. You have and are sending good fundamental players from Dorton to SV including our pride and joy Elisha Justice, you deserve credit for the work you do, thank you very much.