Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mullins 63, Kimper 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have stats but not on me at this moment, will post tomorrow. No Mullins player scored more then 10 though, Gaige Ray and Marcus Johnson both had 10 points.
Congrats Mullins
Congrats mullins

First of all, I was at the game and from what I saw, the coach from Kimper must of been mad at his starters, because wirh 4 min left in the 1st quarter,he took out his starters and put in his B and C team players. The score after 2 min had been played was 10-0. Mullins coach left
in his starters the whole first half and pressed those young kids from Kimper . The score at the half was 49-0. Finally, Mullins put in their younger guys in the 2nd half and the final score was 62-16.
I think the only reason they pressed them young guys was because Belfry beat them by 18 the night before.

So b ball fan, do not talk about Feds Creek running up the score and then you guys do the same thing.
First off, our starters played the first 3 minutes of the game, started the first 2 minutes of the second quarter and never seen the court after that. The rest of the first half was played by our 6 through 11 guys. Secondly, unlike Feds Creek...we did not press the whole game, only the first quarter. Third, unlike Feds Creek, when we pulled out starters, we pulled them all. We did not leave one starter in to run the offense while the other boys around them played. Fourth, we scored 13 points in the second half because most of our C team starters played that half and we also told those boys not to shoot gaps and steal passes. But hey, if you wanna say we ran up the score, then let me apologize to all the fans of Kimper, the coaching staff but most of all the kids. By the way, 63 points is a lot less then 97.
Easy Money you can talk all you want about running up the score but unless you know the facts I suggest you bash on another team. I am not a coach to run up the score, if I wanted to run up the score I would have but that isn't sending the right message to our kids. And for your comments about the belfry game, I wish the people that know nothing about the game would leave these comments to their selfs. This site is for positive recognition for the players, not for parents and spectators to get on here and bash these young kids.

To make the record straight I pressed the first 2 minutes of the game, and as soon as we hit 20 points I backed the press off and played a 2-3 zone the rest of the game. I ran my offensive sets the enire game. Also when we got a steal I made our boys walk the ball up the floor, if that is running up the score then every coach is guilty. But dont for a second try to attack my team or my integrity. I love this game and my boys will play it hard and fair as long as I am the coach. By the way if holfing the ball with 1:15 to go in the first quarter for a final shot is holding the ball then you need to grow up.
62-16 looks like and sounds like Mullins tried to run up the score, BUT if you were actually in attendance at this game it was not like that at all. Mullins only pressed for the first two minutes of the game, like Coach Kidd said. After that the 2-3 zone was played...Kimper brought the ball up the floor every time and they also shot plenty of shots after that, but nothing was falling for them. It's not like they couldn't get the ball up the floor to get a shot, they just simply couldn't get a shot to go in. Mullins' starters didnt play more than 5 minutes in the entire game if that (and they were all in the first half, seeing as they didnt play at all in the second half). The starting 5 was begging to get back in the game to play, but Coach Kidd wouldn't let them. He wanted it to be a respectable game. I'm pretty sure that everyone on the team scored except for a couple of c team players that dressed & got to play. By the time last 2-3:00 of the second quarter rolled around, I for one (and I'm sure many others) were praying that Kimper would get some shots to fall just for the fact that the Mullins fans knew what the score would sound like.

Mullins came out firing, just like they needed to after the poor performance at Belfry the night before. Congrats on the win!
I was not bashing your team. It was you that I made comments about. I think as a spectator, I know a lot more than you think.
And I know the facts, because I was there and I seen it all.
You ran the score up and you are offended because I called you out on it.
You did press in to the 2nd quarter because how in the world can you score 39 points in 10 min without pressing.

Have a great day!!!

I can't wait until you play Feds Creek
I am not trying to start anything I am just taking up for myself. I would never and will never run up the score on a team. Also odn't try and tell me what I did or how I did it because I am the coach and I know what happened. If you really believe that I ran up the score on one of our feeder schools to pike central then god help you. It's sad that you have to say that I am offended that you called me out. Because everyone that knows me and has watched me coach knows me better than that.

I also have the game tape at my house and would love to let you watch it whenever you wanted. I told my team at half time if they shot a gap and leaked out then they would be taken out. Saying that I played my starters alot is a joke. My first six played 4 min the whole game. I have the tape to prove it. The only thing I should feel bad about is telling my team not to do things that we practice because I have more respect for my fellow coaches than that. You might know basketball but it seems you dont know me. I have never said the first thing about feds creek or any other team. I do think monday will be a good game for both teams and I wish browdy the best of luck. But you people blow things way out of porportion.
And about your comment about scoring points without pressing...Its call running an offense.. Thats what a team does.
To any players from Kimper or parents that believes we ran the score up, let me once again start off by saying Coach Kidd and myself deeply apologize. Our starters only played between 3 and 4 minutes of the entire game. Yes we pressed to start the game, but as soon as we got a 20 point lead, we put our 6-10 guys in. When they came in halfway into the first quarter, they pressed one trip but that trip Coach Kidd was screaming back up. The very next trip down the court we played a 2-3 zone which we stayed in the rest of the game. Whenever we got steals, we held the ball and let the defense get back and set up. We would then walk the ball up the court. Yes we jumped out big quick, all of our starters had scored by the time the second group were in the game. The starters did return to start the second quarter for less then a minute and then the 6-11 guys returned to the game. The halftime score was not something we was proud of, let me stress that. The second half was started by our 8-13 guys and we screamed at our team to get the ball to our 13th man and let him score. Once he finally scored, half way through the third quarter, we pulled them out and put the C team in except for 2 B team players which did not play long at all. Those boys would finish the game out. The second half score though, for those of you who were there and keeping track was Kimper 16, Mullins 13. We slowed the game down even more in the second half, told our boys not to come out beyond the 3 point line on defense and even dared them to steal the ball. So if you want to say we ran up the score, let me once again say I am deeply sorry. It was not our intentions by any means. If you wish to call me a liar, then I ask you to refer to the B team game which I coached just before. I pressed man to man until we had a 20 point lead and then I backed off into a 2-3 zone. I sent what A team boys that played on B to the locker room in the third quarter and made sure to at least get every player on my team a full quarter worth of playing time in the second half. Easy Money, we get on here and promote basketball for these kids and not just our kids but from every school. That is why I defend Betsy Layne so much when people attacked them, that is why when I asked about why Feds Creek ran up the score that I also praised Feds Creek's talent. When I posted late game information about the Belfry game, yes I said the refs did a poor job but I also said Belfry would've beat us no matter how good or bad the refs were. And for those of you from Belfry, yes we had no clue about how talented you were going to be going into that game. You have a great deal of talent and will mix in up with any team in the county. I have a vote in the weekly top 10 and I had no clue about you. I can promise you though, unless something major happens at Betsy Layne Saturday, you will be in my top 5 when I cast my vote. But back to what I was saying, these boys and this game is why I volunteer to help Coach at Mullins and get paid nothing for it. Ask every coach around here how many of there assistant coaches put as much time and effort into there team as I do and make nothing at all or have no relation to any kid on the team? These boys mean the world to me, that is why I have at times put them above my job which pays my bills. So please do not question my character or Coach Kidd's. We put the interest of the children first, maybe that is why some of the parents of our transfers in the last week said they brought there boys to Mullins because of us. Us carrying on on this message board, arguing like we have been does nothing but set a bad example for these children. A lot of people, including myself, have said things on here that have been taken the wrong way and had negative effects towards teams. So let me once again say, to anyone from Kimper that we may have upset, I am publicly saying I am sorry if you believed we ran the score up on you. Our intentions were never to do so. To anyone whom I may have offended on this website but something I have said, I apologize. I will continue to post stats though about our team, win or lose. I will continue to speak my honest opinion about teams and players on here but I will do so in a manor that does not attack, bash or has harmful intentions. If anything I say does effect someone negatively, let me assure you that I do not mean anything personal.
I would like to wish you guys and all pke co teams best of luck for the rest of the season.
Just because the score is 63 - 16 doesn't mean the score was ran up. Sometimes a team is just out matched. Some teams come to play and some teams don't! Blow outs are part of basketball!

When Duke, Kansas, and North Carolina blow out Sam Houston State by 40 points there is nothing said about them running the score up, because we all expected a blow out.

Only Coach Kidd and his staff know the truth and they have openly said they never ran the score up! Lets all back away from this and let this go! This site is supposed to be about the kids not the fans or parents!
I would like to congratulate the coach and players at Mullins. You have a great team and coaching staff. My son plays at Kimper, and by no means did mullins try to run up the score they could have scored alot more but they didnt. I think they showed great generosity toward Kimper. Kimper has a young team that are learning to play together. They should have a great team in a couple of years.
I am the coach at Kimper and I would like to send my congrats to mullins and tell everyone that they most definitely did not run the score up on our team. Our boys were not ready to play at all. That is just an excuse easy money for an easy way out. Mullins is a great team with great talent. We have a long way to go. So to our our kids, keep your heads up and keep working hard and you will do fine.

Congrats coach Kidd
we tried not to run up the score
u know wat i mean?
i was the back up point we tried to let all of our 8th graders play
thank you kimper fan
i play for mullins and by no means did we try to run up the score.
we tryed to let kimper shoot the ball some.