Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 53, Mullins 35
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not our Tiger's night by any means. Shot a very low percentage from the field. Belfry however lite the building up tonight. They are a top 10, if not a top 5 team. They are not 20 points better then us though. As for things out of our hands (refs), it was not a pretty night at all. We played bad enough that Belfry would have won no matter how good or bad the officials were. However, we was given a T for yelling and you can quote me on this, "he carried the ball" and making the hand motion for the call. Coach Kidd was then given a T for asking what exactly happened. I am looking forward to our rematch with Belfry. Hopefully next time we will not spot them a 18 point lead to start the game.

No stats on this game at this time.
I must say, this really shocks me. Belfry was beaten in the first round of the Dorton tournament by Cowan.... As I have said all along, I really don't think there is one clear cut favorite in the County. On any given night 5 or 6 teams can beat each other.
Belfry's 1 - 4 are very athletic. There center is the biggest boy in county when you look at mass and he uses it well. They're speed and quickness makes there press really good, but most of all, they are extremely physical which can change any game.
B-Ball fan, they must have improved a great deal since the Dorton tourney, Cowan eliminated them in the 1st round.....
bball fan you are right about one thing belfry is no push over. Our kids came out and overlooked them tonight and as everyone can see the outcome was not in our favor. I am still proud of my boys and would not trade them for anyone. We will bounce back hopefully sooner than later.
ha ha ha cowan played a team with one week of practice.if they played them now it would be a blowout.good job belfry they can say what they want but u can,t score if you can,t bring the ball up the floor.there going to make alot of teams look bad and swear to a bad night. oh by the way the 1 and 4 was not by any pike county teams.
Well, obviously they are a team to be reckoned with. Congrats to the Pirates on a nice win!
Just to keep it stright Belfry is 1-3..
Congrats Belfry
Refs played no part in the game, asst. coaches CAN NOT yell at or make any comments to the official, especially after being told to calm down.

Coach May will have Belfry in the hunt for a County title by the end of the year.
i agree the refs played no part in that beat down of mullins. coach may could have won by thirty points. pulled his guys back alot. and as far as rematch becareful what u ask for.:please:
congrats to the Pirates
Mullins came out dead in this game @ Belfry. I dont know what team showed up Monday night, but it was not the same Mullins team we had seen in any of the games previously. I can guarentee the same team that played @ Belfry on Monday WILL NOT be the same team Belfry sees next time.
Since I have openly admitted to being a coach at Mullins, let me say Belfry looked really good Monday night. Congrats to them on the way there team played and there wake up call to the rest of the county. Our kids did not have our best game but me and coach pride ourselves on letting our kids know what to expected and monday night we had no clue what to expect. So blame the way they played on us not preparing them like we had for Allen Central, Wesley, Pikeville and BL. We missed a lot of easy shots where Belfry made there easy shots, like a good team does. As for the people who have remarked about me being "T'ed" up, I apologized to our boys in the locker room for it but I do believe the T was not warranted. Before you say anything to attack me for this remark, let me also add the game was out of reach by that point. Me and Coach Kidd being T'ed up or not would not have changed the out come. Any parent or coach will always scream about a missed call which is what I did. However, I did not say anything to warrant the call. Simply "he carried the ball." To the parents of our players, I would like to tell you all that I am sorry for the foul as well. To Belfry, we look forward to playing you all again! You are a very talented team and hopefully we will play like we can and the next game be better then the one we played this week. Tough games makes a team better, and the next game should be a dog fight between our two schools and will only make each school more dangerous heading into the county tournament.