Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ten must see games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TEN MUST-SEE GAMES

Scott County at Ballard, Dec. 3: Has become a great first-week-of-the-season tradition.

Iroquois at Pleasure Ridge Park, Dec. 8: Winner establishes itself as early front-runner in race for Sixth Region title.

Holmes at Mason County, Jan. 2: State's No.1 team starts the new year with tough road test.

Jeffersontown at Eastern, Jan. 8: A rematch of last season's Seventh Region final and a possible preview of this season's.

Christian County at Shelby Valley, Jan. 22: Colonels take a long trip across the state to face the Wildcats and Elisha Justice.

Lexington Catholic at Clark County, Feb. 2: Lots of young talent on the floor with LexCath sophomore Jaylen Beckham and Clark County juniors Robbie Stenzel and Vinny Zollo.

Warren Central at Holmes, Feb. 6: Can the Dragons and super juniors George Fant and Jordan Shanklin pull the upset on the road?

Ballard at Eastern, Feb. 12: Eagles won two classic matchups against the Bruins last season.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...the+season

If you know of any other games not listed, feel free to add them. Include the date, time, and location.
Knott Co. Central @ Perry Co. Central - Jan. 29

This should be a great game between two of EKY's heavyweights.
A few games to see from Holmes' schedule:

Dec. 12- Memphis Central v Holmes @ Warren Central
Atleast 7 D1 prospects will be on the floor between the two teams. Central features #3 soph in c/o 2010 in 6'7 Jarnell Stokes. Stokes v Pittman should be a dandy.

Jan. 6- Princeton, OH @ Holmes
Ohio DI runner up v Kentucky state champs
6'4 Jordan Sibert (4* Ohio St commit) v 6'5 Ricardo Johnson

Jan 16- Christian Co v Holmes @ Montgomery Co
Rematch of last year's first round state tourney game and battle between two top 5 teams.

Feb. 5- Holmes @ Highlands
Likely to be a preview of the 9th region championship.

Other must see games:

Dec. 5- Warren Central v Lexcath @ Marshall Co
BAttle of two top 10 teams.

Dec. 12- Warren Central v Memphis White Station
White Station features top 15 prospect Joe Jackson as well as several underclassmen D1 prospects.

Jan 15- Warren Central @ Bowling Green
6'7 Chane Behanan v 6'6 George Fant...need I say more?

Jan. 23- Highlands @ Boone Co
Winner estrablishes itself as the clear cut #2 behind Holmes in the 9th region.

Jan. 30- Scott Co @ Clark Co
Match up between two top 5 teams.

Feb. 1- Christian Co @ Warren Central
Battle of two top 10 teams in WKY.

Feb. 13- Lexcath @ Scott Co
Rematch of last year's 11th regon final and possible preview of 2010 11th region final.

Should be an exciting year of basketball. The first game can't get here soon enough.
kywldcat01 Wrote:TEN MUST-SEE GAMES
Holmes at Mason County, Jan. 2: State's No.1 team starts the new year with tough road test.

I Know Holmes Plays Mason County In Cincinnati At U.S Bank Arena???...Is That What Your Talking About
Boone County VS Holmes...Rematch From Last Year When The Rebels Beat The Bulldogs!!!
Peacedomes85 Wrote:I Know Holmes Plays Mason County In Cincinnati At U.S Bank Arena???...Is That What Your Talking About

No...it's called the US Bank Classic. It's held at Mason Co every year and is usually their biggest home game of the year. They usually play Lexcath or Scott co in this classic.
Oh Haha My Bad Lol
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Boone County VS Holmes...Rematch From Last Year When The Rebels Beat The Bulldogs!!!

I'd rather not see that game. Boone County will pull what its always done and play stall ball to try and beat the Bulldogs. Its what they did in both games last year and IMHO it is complete crap.
Dec. 12 Male at GRC...this will be a great game to catch in Central Ky.

Feb 2 Lexington Catholic at GRC...top team from the 10 and always a contender in the 11th square off.

Feb. 19 Ballard at GRC another chance to see Louisville team in central Ky.

All of the game in the KBO...every game should showcase some of the top players in the state and D-1 players from 4 other states.

Another good tourney to see some top talent is the 5/3 Classic at Lexington Catholic during the Christmas break.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I'd rather not see that game. Boone County will pull what its always done and play stall ball to try and beat the Bulldogs. Its what they did in both games last year and IMHO it is complete crap.

Boone won't be able to do that against Holmes this year. Holmes tries to get out and run more than they did last year which will force the tempo a little.
Great lists of games
Scott County

@ Ballard Dec 3
Tates Creek Dec 8
Roger Bacon (Cinn OH) Dec 12
Norcross, GA Dec 21
Beachball Classic @ Myrtle Beach 7 top 50 teams in the nation in the tourney! 26-31
Male Jan 9
Ballou From Washington DC top 100 in the nation Jan 20
Irvington From New Jersey top 100 team Jan 21
@ GRC Jan 30
Lexiington Catholic Feb 13

Plus all the schools in the 11 Region!
Dec. 8th, 09' Lee County

Dec. 10th - 12th, 09' Berea Invitational

Dec. 15th, 09' Hazard

Dec. 21st - 23rd, 09' Jessamine Invitational

Jan. 5th, 09' Owsley County

Jan. 14th, 09' Woodford County

Jan. 16th, 09' @ Buckhorn

Jan. 18th, 09' @ Bourbon County

Jan. 22bd, 09' @ Powell County

Jan. 26th, 09' Wolfe County

Jan. 29th, 09' @ Lee County

Feb. 5th, 09' Powell County

Feb. 6th, 09' Willamsburg

Feb. 9th, 09' @ Madison Southern

Feb. 16th, 09' @ Western Hills

All These Games Should Be Very Exciting
kywldcat01 Wrote:Boone won't be able to do that against Holmes this year. Holmes tries to get out and run more than they did last year which will force the tempo a little.

We will see, Holmes tried to up the tempo several times last year but to no avail as Boone would come back down and hold the ball again but as I said we will see. Hopefully there will be a little more excitement in this game this upcoming year unlike the ones last year...
BaseballIsLife Wrote:We will see, Holmes tried to up the tempo several times last year but to no avail as Boone would come back down and hold the ball again but as I said we will see. Hopefully there will be a little more excitement in this game this upcoming year unlike the ones last year...

I hope there will be too...a lot of teams from nky are going to try to slow it down against Holmes this year though. It's up to Holmes to get out and run and force the tempo and score on every opportunity so they force teams to play with more of a sense of urgency.
Its Not How They Play...I Dont Care If The Score Is 2-0 Boone At The End Of The Game...It's The Storyline That Will Bring In MAJOR FANS To This Game
Peacedomes85 Wrote:Its Not How They Play...I Dont Care If The Score Is 2-0 Boone At The End Of The Game...It's The Storyline That Will Bring In MAJOR FANS To This Game

I think the Holmes-Highlands game will draw a bigger crowd than Holmes-Boone. Looking at both teams schedules I doubt either comes in to that game with more than 2 or 3 losses.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I think the Holmes-Highlands game will draw a bigger crowd than Holmes-Boone. Looking at both teams schedules I doubt either comes in to that game with more than 2 or 3 losses.

Agreed My Brotha
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Knott Co. Central @ Perry Co. Central - Jan. 29

This should be a great game between two of EKY's heavyweights.

:redboxer:
GRIFFIN Wrote::redboxer:

This game will be a barn burner and fun to watch. I am sure WYMT will carry it live on the internet.
The Scott Co vs Norcross Ga game is the one I most want to see. Norcross is loaded and deep. Their best player was recruited by Calipari at UK before signine with UCONN.
rojas Wrote:The Scott Co vs Norcross Ga game is the one I most want to see. Norcross is loaded and deep. Their best player was recruited by Calipari at UK before signine with UCONN.

that game needs to be broadcasted :Thumbs: