Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Central 48 Henry County 38
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
ttt
Nice job Central
central starting to roll
A blue tornado awaits.
Tica Wrote:A blue tornado awaits.

That blue tornado is likely the only thing that stands between Central and a third straight 3A title. PT is probably the only team that has as much speed as Central in 3A.
Great game. Henry QB, Luke Magness went out in the 1st Quarter. Henry recovered, but a bit to late.
Central is good, but not great, I do not see them winning the state this year, but their players and Fans are the classiest fans we have faced in 3 years.
Good luck to Central the rest of the year.
Sad loss for the Wildcats, they had what it takes to make it all the way! Its a shame there had to be a loser in this game! Luke get better son you are a great one and I think you will get your chance to play for 4 qtrs in the third round again soon
Outstanding football game. HC showed they could compete with the best in Class 3A. With Magness the end result very well could have been different, however, the Cats showed a ton of heart and guts when it would have been easy to quit. Central's defense is not a top 10 defense, they may struggle with PT and with Somerset. Somerset has a ton of speed and size, a combo that does not bode well for an undersized Central team. Cats return a ton of starters next season, but lose a great group of senior leaders. Outstanding year for a group that so many doubted.
may be time for everyone to wake up.the word is central is down,central defense is weak,not going to win 3 straight,central will lose(whoever the opp. is this week).central gets it done no matter what.sorry henry for luke magness getting hurt,but central was started the playoffs by losing their starting quarterback.next they lose diaz bolden in this game and a FRESHMAN has to come in and finish it.ty scroggins played 9 freshman in signifigant roles and minutes against henry.central played 3 freshman on the d line in the second half.CENTRAL still won the game:Clap: i cant be certain but i almost guarantee that henry did not play 9 freshman,in fact i would take a guess that they didnt play 9 freshman and sophmores combined.the real disturbing part,unless your a central fan,is the fact scroggins dressed 47 freshman this year.unless the khsaa moves central up it may be a long time before anyone claims a state 3a title.so congrats to central on a nice win,this week will be another tough test,and yes ole ball coach central players and fans were very classy.
GoBlueSC Wrote:may be time for everyone to wake up.the word is central is down,central defense is weak,not going to win 3 straight,central will lose(whoever the opp. is this week).central gets it done no matter what.sorry henry for luke magness getting hurt,but central was started the playoffs by losing their starting quarterback.next they lose diaz bolden in this game and a FRESHMAN has to come in and finish it.ty scroggins played 9 freshman in signifigant roles and minutes against henry.central played 3 freshman on the d line in the second half.CENTRAL still won the game:Clap: i cant be certain but i almost guarantee that henry did not play 9 freshman,in fact i would take a guess that they didnt play 9 freshman and sophmores combined.the real disturbing part,unless your a central fan,is the fact scroggins dressed 47 freshman this year.unless the khsaa moves central up it may be a long time before anyone claims a state 3a title.so congrats to central on a nice win,this week will be another tough test,and yes ole ball coach central players and fans were very classy.

If Henry Co had 3 weeks to prepare their 2nd string QB, they may have won the game.
All of AAA is judged by Central
GoBlueSC Wrote:may be time for everyone to wake up.the word is central is down,central defense is weak,not going to win 3 straight,central will lose(whoever the opp. is this week).central gets it done no matter what.sorry henry for luke magness getting hurt,but central was started the playoffs by losing their starting quarterback.next they lose diaz bolden in this game and a FRESHMAN has to come in and finish it.ty scroggins played 9 freshman in signifigant roles and minutes against henry.central played 3 freshman on the d line in the second half.CENTRAL still won the game:Clap: i cant be certain but i almost guarantee that henry did not play 9 freshman,in fact i would take a guess that they didnt play 9 freshman and sophmores combined.the real disturbing part,unless your a central fan,is the fact scroggins dressed 47 freshman this year.unless the khsaa moves central up it may be a long time before anyone claims a state 3a title.so congrats to central on a nice win,this week will be another tough test,and yes ole ball coach central players and fans were very classy.

Central will be destroyed by tilghman this weak, with this many injuries, i dont see them matching tilghmans athletism, mabye the speed, but tilghman will come with a vengence, central has stoped region 1 for two years and this is where it ends.
i will be honest UCFB i have no idea what paducah has,i never make it to western ky to watch football.now i do know that usually bowling green and paducah tillman have good teams with speed and athletes.so i will not be surprised if paducah beats central but equally i wont besurprised to see central still playing.lots of good teams around the state find out that there is a difference in spped when they play a jefferson co. team.
ole ball coach,central did have the advantage for this being their 3rd game without their starter,but what about how they adjusted when bolden was knocked out? it works both ways.from what i can tell both teams adjusted and still managed to score points.good luck to central and good luck to henry next year.
Good job by Henry County but this one was not as close as the score indicated. Henry county scored a TD late in a 2 minute offense that gave them 38 points and Central then ran the clock out with thier 4th string QB finishing the game. Their third string QB was taken out of the game after going down with what appeared to be an ankle injury. This team has gone farther than any on here has expected them to. These kids are playing harder than any previous Central team has had to play because they are far less talented. Having played 6A competition in all their non conference games is looking like an excellent strategy by Scroggins. They never appear to be faised by what happens in a game. I am sure in the Central / PT thread there will be the nay sayers that will confess to Centrals run being over but even if it is I think there has to be some recognition to their seniors who have made it to the final 4 in 4 consecutive years. Their last playoff lost was 3 years ago to bowling green in a nail biter with a team that was more talent than this one or either of the state championship teams.
The game was very close, HC turned the ball over 3 or 4 times and still had its chances at the end. Central had to convert several 4th downs with big plays as well as a 3rd and extra long or two. Hats off to central. But HC fought hard.