Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ DeSales (Lou.) 11/27 Broadcast: ESPN Radio 104.5/960 www.ekbsports.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Predictions and thoughts?

@ Southern High.
Prestonsburg has made a believer out of me. Go P-Burg and lets get that Desales thorn out of your side.
Desales by 7 at home. If this game was in P-burg, I would pick the Blackcats to win.
DeSales does it all from my understanding. The Colts have a fine quarterback that we seen two years ago and has really improved since that meeting. They are big & fast, but can they stop the pass? Prestonsburg has got to keep them on their heels with Craynon & McKinney on the ground, but if it isn't working, throw the ball. Michael was pressured the entire game tonight versus Corbin and was only sacked 3 or 4 times and made some accurate passes that where dropped. But Prestonsburg cannot afford to keep having these silly penalties, because that cost us a touchdown or two tonight IMO. The defense has to keep playing well also and I expect they will.

I'll take the Blackcats on the road by a touchdown... GO BLACKCATS!

Note to PHS coaches & administration: Do not, I repeat do not, hold a pep rally and get charter buses please! This has cursed us for years in football.
I'm going to give the Blackcats some love in this one.
My heart is with the Blackcats but I'm worried about a repeat of two years ago. Desales wore the cats down with numbers. The cats dress 30 with 14 seeing significant playing time. The Colts dress 70, few play both ways, and they are bringing fresh legs on the field every play.
If ever a team and town deserved a championship, it's P-burg. I'll be there backing the cats. Hoping there is such a thing as fate.
Go Blackcats!
I have an off topic question....and someone that knows can answer me pm. Why is a Louisville school and P'burg playing in a semi-state match-up? Seems like Louisville is pretty far western KY to me. I know they try to even out the numbers, but seems like it is a stretch to include teams that far west?? I'll hang up and listen to your response.....
ladycats09 Wrote:I have an off topic question....and someone that knows can answer me pm. Why is a Louisville school and P'burg playing in a semi-state match-up? Seems like Louisville is pretty far western KY to me. I know they try to even out the numbers, but seems like it is a stretch to include teams that far west?? I'll hang up and listen to your response.....

There simply wasn't enough 2A teams for their to be two regions of EKY schools. Only 2A EKY schools are Pburg, Corbin, M'boro, Bath Co, Shelby Valley, Leslie Co, Morgan Co, and Knott Co. NKY & L'ville host the other teams from the 3rd region.

For as far as I can remember, teams from the east have had to travel 1.5+ hours for the state-semi's or vice versa.
shew i really want to take the blackcats but just don't know about p burg going all the way down there and playing in one day. i would love to see pburg leave on a thursday night and stay down there overnight, i think that would help them out some.
anyways i have to pull for the mountain team and say pburg wins by a touchdown.
monster_energy Wrote:shew i really want to take the blackcats but just don't know about p burg going all the way down there and playing in one day. i would love to see pburg leave on a thursday night and stay down there overnight, i think that would help them out some.
anyways i have to pull for the mountain team and say pburg wins by a touchdown.

Well we went down on gameday last time we went to Manual Stadium and played DeSales and come out hot and had a 13-7 lead going into the half, but go wore down toward the end of the game and ended up losing by two touchdowns. But one thing we've done this season against the bigger teams is wear them down late in games, but DeSales has a lot of players hopefully we can keep it rollin'.
BelfryPride Wrote:Go Blackcats!

Man...nice to see you all dressed up. That logo looks GOOD on you !!!

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
ladycats09 Wrote:I have an off topic question....and someone that knows can answer me pm. Why is a Louisville school and P'burg playing in a semi-state match-up? Seems like Louisville is pretty far western KY to me. I know they try to even out the numbers, but seems like it is a stretch to include teams that far west?? I'll hang up and listen to your response.....

good point because louisville central is in 3a and in the west
hawg laig Wrote:My heart is with the Blackcats but I'm worried about a repeat of two years ago. Desales wore the cats down with numbers. The cats dress 30 with 14 seeing significant playing time. The Colts dress 70, few play both ways, and they are bringing fresh legs on the field every play.
If ever a team and town deserved a championship, it's P-burg. I'll be there backing the cats. Hoping there is such a thing as fate.

Same situation with JC and Highlands...it's very hard for them young men to have to play 48 minutes of hard nosed football...Heres hoping that P-Burg finds there win .
I havn't watch Pburg play this year. By what i watch of them on Sports Overtime and from the Mountains. I am go with Pburg.
Gonna take Pburg by 10 or less
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Predictions and thoughts?

:Thumbs: In this , you've the classic matchup, quality -VS - quanity !!!!! It'll , come down to one thing, can the blackcats , play with enough heart, tenacity, and endurance , long enough to allow Desailles to realize they're in a game ,with, a team, capable of beating them !!!!! No kickoff returns, no cheap touchdowns, look them in the eye ,and strap it on, and say, we're here to play for 48 minutes, let's get it on !!!!!!!!!!! :devilflam ( Blackcats , play tough , play angry , play hungry , and, bring it home..... ) :1:
Prestonburg 20-17
I'm goin with the Blackcats in this one. BUT, I would definately take the Jet Sweep out of the playbook, to slow developin, and at this point in the season, I don't think it's gonna be very effective (just look at the Corbin game).
Im gonna go with my Colts again this week. They beat P'Burgh 2 years ago and I know both teams are much better but I will take a Mark Sander prepared team against almost any coach in the state.Also,DeSales has a HUGE depth advantage and the O-line averages about 260+.If they can play ball control and pound the rock,they win.
Going against a much deeper team on the road is tough task. It wont show till the 2nd half but fresh legs produce speed. My head says Desales will win but I will pull for P-burg just like their my school. Coach em up, and take the fight to Desales.

SV alum and fan rooting for P-burg to make our region proud.
Good Luck to P-Burg and Coaches!!
I'm pulling for the Blackcats to step into Bowling Green. It's seeming just like 07 Belfry, this whole forum picked them to win over Central by a couple of scores who probably no one has seen play, and got the big head. Pburg can't think their going to go in to Louisville and beat a big city school by 2+ TD's, or DeSales will embarrass them. Fan turnout is also a big factor

GO PHS! Mountain Pride!
P-burg by 1 TD or less
There should be a huge crowd,DeSales had at least a couple thousand against NCC.
If Prestonsburg can come out and stop the run against Desales like they did against Corbin then I think they can win this game pretty handily. Desales has a great rushing attack with their HB's and their QB can scramble as well. Teams with a scrambling QB have given P-burg somewhat of a fit this year, but I think P-burg's LB's can hold the QB in check.

If P-burg can come out and establish a running game, then it will go a long ways in helping Prestonsburg win. Like Redneck said, I'd wad up the page in the playbook with the jet sweep and throw it in the garbage cuz it hasn't worked all season. I'm sure it being a Louisville squad, they will have quite a few African American kids on their team which means they will have great speed, eliminating the effectiveness of the jet sweep. P-burg's running game needs to consist of running it between the tackles. If they can average 3 yards per carry or more, then it will open up P-burg's passing game even more. When you face teams from the Louisville area, they are more used to teams passing the ball opposed to Eastern KY teams who rarely see a pass.

I think Prestonsburg is well conditioned and I don't think the amount of players on the rosters will make a big difference.

I'm going with my heart and saying P-burg by 7 to make it to their 2nd championship game this decade. Go Blackcats!!
P-Burg by a TD
Go Blackcats
Im going to pick The blackcats by a td. Go make us proud boys bring one home to the mountains My brother was a junior on the 92 blackcat teams get rid of the curse get to BG and bring home a championship to the mountains.
After 11 games, DeSales was #2 in rush defense in 2A,that is by far the strength of the defense,the front 7 is very stout. Should be a great one.
uofl05 Wrote:After 11 games, DeSales was #2 in rush defense in 2A,that is by far the strength of the defense,the front 7 is very stout. Should be a great one.

I think DeSales will stop the run just as Corbin did, but we are 60/40 pass. Have you guys faced any good passing teams this season? I know Holy Cross kept it close and they like to throw it. NewCath is more run out of the spread and not that great a passing it.
Pages: 1 2 3