Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 26 Pike Central 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good job cards now lets beet somerset and go to state championship. Oh yea congrats Coach Hager on first ever regional championship.
Congrats to Sheldon Clark Hager had a great game plan, the play right b-4 the half was the game changer and there was no excuse for giving that play up...Great season for PC this team will be rembered for years to come...and thank you coach Chapman for giving this community something to cheer about lets do it again next year. Thank you EKB and WYMT for great coverage of this game
That was a great game. Congratulations to the Cardinals...and a great season for the PC Hawks. Central has began to build a tradition and I hope to see that continue next season.
Good Job Cards. Now take care of Somerset. I also gotta say to Pike Central that you guys played your hearts out and take this and learn from it. I see great things in your future. I'd also like to give a shout out to my buddy Adam Daugherty. Way to lay the wood little buddy.You all ( both teams) played a great game.
Congrats to the Cardinals and Coach Hager from the other side of the county. There werent many Belfry followers pulling for the Cards but Im glad to say I was one. A very very deserving victory and regional championship for Shawn and the community of Inez. I really think they have the type of team that can win it all. A very stingy defense could give the high powered offense of Somerset fits next week. And an offense that looks like they could have tons of success against a very suspect BriarJumpers defense.
Great win Cards. Going through Russell, Belfry and Pike Central all on the road proves you are more than deserving to be 2009 Region 4 champs. The tough schedule has paid for SC and now its off to unbeaten Somerset in the final four and this has been the Cards year. Great job coach Hager and his staff and most of all the SC players who are Region Champs:1::1::letsparty
congrats sc on a great win...
I do want to make a note of this: Thank you Sheldon Clark fans for your great sportsmanship tonight and your players and well. Your players helped our guys up on nearly every down it was nice to see. A nice win for a classy group of people, now take care our business and we will be pulling for you all next weekend AND in bowling green!!
Congrats to the Cardinals. Everyone in the East should be pulling for you guys and the Blackcats to continue to make some more noise. Good luck next week and the following week.
No more debating the playoff system. With only the district winner and runner-up making the playoffs this game never takes place.

Great jobs Cards. 3 on the road. Your tough schedule early paid off tonight.

Keep your heads up Hawks. Ther are great things in your future. Seniors, you will be remembered for starting a tradition.
Great game and good luck to SC in next week's game against Somerset. Bypassing Russell, Belfry, and Pike CC definately proves they deserve to be where they are. Let's get past Somerset and keep this season alive!!! GO CARDS!!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I do want to make a note of this: Thank you Sheldon Clark fans for your great sportsmanship tonight and your players and well. Your players helped our guys up on nearly every down it was nice to see. A nice win for a classy group of people, now take care our business and we will be pulling for you all next weekend AND in bowling green!!

:Thumbs:
hawg laig Wrote:No more debating the playoff system. With only the district winner and runner-up making the playoffs this game never takes place.

Great jobs Cards. 3 on the road. Your tough schedule early paid off tonight.

Keep your heads up Hawks. Ther are great things in your future. Seniors, you will be remembered for starting a tradition.

yeah i mean heck why dont we make it even less exciting why not...This playoff system is great IMO...
Great job Cards... don't hang your heads Hawks as you guys did the unexpected this season and now have something to build on. The best is yet to come!
congrats to the cards on a great win.
also want to say great pass by brad stafford i have to say that was the best pass completion i seen all year by sc!!! brad put the ball right on the money!!! :Clap:
Shocker !
Way to go Cards.....Everyone is so proud of all of you.....players and coaches....you did a great job tonight. Keep it up! These memories will last a life time....
Sheldon Clark Cardinals - Regional Champions I think it has a nice ring to it! Congrats Cards and get ready to Somerset.
i called this one,i said sc by 2tds win full team, and think they will beat somerset with that defense, and congrats to pc on a great year, you guys are better than what i thought....
the sad thing is this if your Pike Central you force 3 turn overs in the first half and convert them into zero turn overs...for most of the night you win the field position battle and you won the turnover battle however, could not do anything with the football...Still think this game if played 100 times goes 50/50
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the sad thing is this if your Pike Central you force 3 turn overs in the first half and convert them into zero turn overs...for most of the night you win the field position battle and you won the turnover battle however, could not do anything with the football...Still think this game if played 100 times goes 50/50

A team wins the turnover battle and has a tremendous advantage all night in the field position battle and they still lose by 2 TD's AND YOU STILL THINK THESE TWO TEAMS WOULD SPLIT 100 GAMES. Come on, PC was much improved this year but SC is just the better team.
Congrats SC
Congratulation SC Cards; you played a great game, especially the second half. PC has a very good team and I'm sure the future will be bright for them.

I drove two hours each way to watch this game, and it was well worth the drive. Kudos to Coach Hager and all the Cardinal players. You guys did great!

One additional comment: A healthy team, obviously, is a better team. And that was demonstrated last night.

Good luck, Cards, at Somerset.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:the sad thing is this if your Pike Central you force 3 turn overs in the first half and convert them into zero turn overs...for most of the night you win the field position battle and you won the turnover battle however, could not do anything with the football...Still think this game if played 100 times goes 50/50

very true pike central out played sc the first half but still went into halftime tied. that just shows sc is a better team.
Congrats Cards and good luck next week @ Somerset!!!!
I watched the game on TV, which was pretty cool. I have to say that SC did an awesome job. If SC had eliminated their turnovers the score would have been much higher. Now its time for that GREAT defensive team do go to Somerset and do what they do best. Games are won by playing great defense.:rockon:
wooderson Wrote:A team wins the turnover battle and has a tremendous advantage all night in the field position battle and they still lose by 2 TD's AND YOU STILL THINK THESE TWO TEAMS WOULD SPLIT 100 GAMES. Come on, PC was much improved this year but SC is just the better team.

yes I really do, I think honestly if Pike Central uses their running game a little more in that game they are more succesful offensivly, oppose to the two scoring drive they went predominatley passing game and SC was beating the Out side lineman every time on Aarons backside...How many 3 and outs did they have when they ran the ball at least once on a drive, once and they got a false start on second down...every 3 and out was 3 passes...Im not bashing Chapman when i say this but I think he was trying for every play to be a big play he didnt allow the game to come to his players which is what Hager did...So yes I think these teams were equal last night...May I add that same Sheldon Clark team didnt score again untill 1:40 left on the clock to go up by 14 also an addition to that the 2nd and last touch down if Pike Central raps up the touchdowns never happen both were stops for minimum if any yardage...However, i must say Hager may be the best coach in the mountains for second half adjustments...
This is my first post on here but I wanted to congratulate the cards on a regional championship. I played for Sheldon Clark when we won the first one and I know how special it is and how great it feels. The thing the kids need to realize now is that they have to take it one day at a time and enjoy this moment in their lives. Something like this comes around once in a lifetime and they need to soak it in. Heck I am 26 years old and a college grad and I still brag about it and when I go back to Inez the boys and I still talk about it. The kids now have to realize that this is bigger than them, this involves the whole community. Heck most of them were too young to remember the big parade through town that we had in those days and the excitement that was in town when Highlands came in to play us. But like I said, congrats to the Cards and stay focused and take it one day at a time because you boys have a chance to do something that will be remembered forever in Martin County.
I don't want to take anything away from SC they made plays when they needed, to good luck against Summerset, PC however did not make the plays. To win big games a team has to find ways to get the ball in the playmakers hands, PC did not do that.
Congrats to Sheldon Clark!! Bring one home for the mountains!!
Pages: 1 2