Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCreary Central's Gay Resigns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hate to see this happen. McCreary Central had a great season. any one have any info on why he resign.
I wouldn't have expected this at least based on their season. Wish him well.
To the staff at Mccreary central thanks for a great season. IMO Gay has Coached for a long time. He took a program at the bottom and has built it into a respectable program. At McCreary the Facilities are not up to par. The Budget is Sub-par. One would have to really want to Coach to accept a job like this. Good Luck to whom ever they hire. The McCreary job is no Rose Garden.:igiveup:
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I hate to see this happen. McCreary Central had a great season. any one have any info on why he resign.

He had been coaching for around 30 years I believe and he had nudged McCreary Central towards respectability. I think it was a chance to go out after leading the Raiders to their best season ever. With the loss of Watts and Roard McCreary figures to struggle mightily to compete in their district next season and, frankly did even with those 2. He leaves the program pointed in the right direction but with a lot of work to do to be able to compete with teams its own size. That said he did a good job there, the Raiders are very far ahead of where they were when he took over.
Norm Peterson Wrote:He had been coaching for around 30 years I believe and he had nudged McCreary Central towards respectability. I think it was a chance to go out after leading the Raiders to their best season ever. With the loss of Watts and Roard McCreary figures to struggle mightily to compete in their district next season and, frankly did even with those 2. He leaves the program pointed in the right direction but with a lot of work to do to be able to compete with teams its own size. That said he did a good job there, the Raiders are very far ahead of where they were when he took over.

True the program is a lot better than when he took over. Before 6 wins in 5 years playing out of Dist. 18 kids dressed out. Never in play-offs. After 19 wins in 4 years playing in the best 4A dist in State. 3 straight play-off apearances. 43 kids dressed out. That is goning in right Direction. Good Luck to the Staff and whomever they hire.
Does he have other job prospects or is he retiring.
I believe that Coach Gay is going to slowly ride off into the sunset filled with sand and water, wherever that beach may be!!

It may be listed as a resignation but....Coach Gay has retired once and it is no secret that he is day-to-day as to when his next retirement may be.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Does he have other job prospects or is he retiring.

I think right now he's just resigned from Coaching. Don't know about job prospects.