Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Underrated!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you belive is underrated in your distract,region,state? Me I think Jenkins(14th region) is really underrated. If you have seen them play thne u should know what im talking about. If you havent dont diss them untill you have watched them play [/b]
In the 15th it could be a few, some would say everyone but Shelby Valley
I wonder how the recent events will affect things at Valley ???
In the 15th I think Painstville is underatted. This team is young but very good and play with a lot of intesity.
Personally, I believe that Pike Central was pretty underrated until the other nite when Lowe got hurt (any updates on him?). He seemed to be the player that held their team together. If he played well, the rest of the team played well. They have some size to them, but Thacker has been starting, and I don't think I've seen the boy shoot but maybe twice in the three games or so that I have seen them play. Undoubtedly he is out there for defense or there's just something i'm not seeing.

East Ridge has been pretty overrated, unless they are just in some huge rut. According to Alfus21 or some other die hard Valley poster, Belfry was a "bottom of the barrel" team and it didn't mean crap that they played Valley as close as they did because Valley didn't have Kiser? But, then, Belfry rolls into East Ridge, and beats them by 14 on their home court??? So much for bottom of the barrel, huh?

Allen Central is kindly underrated too. As basketballer said, everyone but Valley is underrated. I totally agree.

Valley is gonna be knocked off the high horse that everyone is putting them on. They are playing to the best of their ability right now, cuz honestly their football team wasn't very good, and they were done with the post-season early. That means they've had about 4 months of practice, as to P-burg who was beat in the regional finals of football, and Belfry who finished up in early December. I look to see one of these two teams really turn it up here in the next bit. Watch out Valley, the 15th Region is comin for you!
I don't know about teams..but as far as overrated players..I believe Doug Howard has to be at the top of the list. He has his moments like everyone else..but he is not near the basketball player that he is made up to be. I have to admit..I think he's the best high school football player I've ever watched play. But basketball is a different sport. Most of the time he takes 20-25 shots just to get into double digits. I think he would be better comming off the bench. He is a pretty decent rebounder..and he's strong as a bear. I believe now that Adam Wicker and Jamie Case is back I belive Belfry's starting lineup should be:

C-Adam Wicker-He's not as strong as Adam Warren, but a better ball player. He would greatly help Belfry's rebounding and defense. And he can also handle the ball. And he can shoot lights out when he's in rythem.

PF-David Jones-Strong and quick as a cat. Also with good jumping ability. Jones knows he can't run the break and nail 3's and he doesn't try. The most impressive thing about him is that he knows what he can do and he knows what he can't. He doesn't take that many shots unless they're close to the goal. He's an excellent defender and rebounder. And he rarely loses a loose ball.

SF-Jamie Case-Case gives Belfry the added scoring punch that could push them over the top. He just needs to play in rythem with the game and the team. Don't try to take over. Just play ball.

SG-Bruce Young-Excellent hard-nosed defender. U put him on the opposing teams best player and he'll shut him down most of the time. Young is a consistant shooter who will make his wide open shots. And if he makes a few in a row and gets into rythem..he can light up the opposing team.

PG-Matt Maynard-The best all around player Belfry has. He's the one man fast break. He can drive, shoot off the dribble, and get off a shot at almost any angle. Has the potential to someday be the best player in the 15th region. The only thing holding him back is how much he is willing to work.
Underrated and ready to break out are Mitchell Riddle, Cade Riddle, John Johnson, Jacob Bryant, Nick Potter, Gary Thomas, and the rest of the bench at Valley. Just hide n watch. Theres more to Valley than most people know.
Geez....is BGR's basketball forums gonna be overrun with die-hard Valley fans like (that other site...lol)???

I wish them the best of luck when Region rolls around (if they don't get beat out in District again...lol) but, i'm sorry zep, everyone in the 15th realizes that they can be beaten.
In the 15th region and 58th district, Prestonsburg is underrated... it is VERY true that they have been in a slump for the past 5 or so games (excluding the Betsy Layne game)... but there is a reason why in preseason they were 2nd in the region :wink:
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:In the 15th region and 58th district, Prestonsburg is underrated... it is VERY true that they have been in a slump for the past 5 or so games (excluding the Betsy Layne game)... but there is a reason why in preseason they were 2nd in the region :wink:
Im a Pburg fan, I dont think that they are underrated...everyone knows that they play there best ball in the end
True basketballer but it seems like everyone dwells on their disappointing losses.
"The Postman" Wrote:Who do you belive is underrated in your distract,region,state? Me I think Jenkins(14th region) is really underrated. If you have seen them play thne u should know what im talking about. If you havent dont diss them untill you have watched them play [/b]

Jenkins??? Well I dont know about underrated. They are a decent team but not very good. They lack size and well just dont have a very skilled team. They have some pretty good players dont get me wrong, but they to be considered underrated you usually have to be a good team who know everyone underestimates. And..........well Jenkins just isnt that good. Nate Thompson though is a very athletic kid who plays very well for them.

In the 15 Region, Pike Central might be a little underrated because from what I've seen they look pretty good, especially Lowe.