Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The KHSAA and the Rose Hill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Rose Hill basketball has another two weeks to answer allegations of recruiting, and then another week before a decision is rendered.

A story in the Daily Independent: http://www.dailyindependent.com/local/lo...34508.html

One exchange during the hearing (as described in the Independent):
Thompson said the investigation’s finding were “embellished” to make it seem worse.

Part of the problem, school officials said, is that the allegations centered on events that happened under previous administrators. Parsons is in just her second year at Rose Hill.

The board brushed off such contentions. “We’ve discovered that ‘everybody else’ is responsible,” one board member said.

Stay tuned. Film at eleven ...
"if we were gonna recruit, we'd have recruited someone who knew how to play ball".....Ouch!!!
LIB MRDux Wrote:"if we were gonna recruit, we'd have recruited someone who knew how to play ball".....Ouch!!!

Ouch indeed. I believe that Mr. Foster should IMMEDIATELY print a retraction and send a formal apology to the Michael Fuller and his family. No young man should be treated or abused that way in the papers. Poor Sport Mr. Foster. Poor Sport.

(P.S. - I've also seen this young man play, and though he is no O.J. Mayo he was a decent ball player)
The next few weeks should be interesting to say the least.
Rose Hill did not receive any sanctions yesterday instead it received a reprieve. Rose Hill now has until Nov. 30 to counter allegations of recruiting violations. The KHSAA Board of Control will now meet on Dec. 7 to render a decision then. Still don't think punishment will be as harsh now. I have also heard that the main reason Rose Hill is still going to field a team of such young players is that they think that the KHSAA will be more likely to rule them ineligible or up hold their rulings if they have a team as opposed to just shutting down the basketball program.
16BBall Fan Wrote:Rose Hill did not receive any sanctions yesterday instead it received a reprieve. Rose Hill now has until Nov. 30 to counter allegations of recruiting violations. The KHSAA Board of Control will now meet on Dec. 7 to render a decision then. Still don't think punishment will be as harsh now. I have also heard that the main reason Rose Hill is still going to field a team of such young players is that they think that the KHSAA will be more likely to rule them ineligible or up hold their rulings if they have a team as opposed to just shutting down the basketball program.
Come on. Really? Surely you don't believe that. They didn't shut the school down. There are still kids there who can play. For a school who has never been one to dispute anyone transferring, why would you believe that they would be so vindictive? If those kids aren't eligible, I don't think you can lay it on anyone's feet but those parents. Plain and simple.
LIB MRDux Wrote:Come on. Really? Surely you don't believe that. They didn't shut the school down. There are still kids there who can play. For a school who has never been one to dispute anyone transferring, why would you believe that they would be so vindictive? If those kids aren't eligible, I don't think you can lay it on anyone's feet but those parents. Plain and simple.

The KHSAA can't shut the school down. That is not within their power, nor should it be. Their control (in this instance) is limited to who can play and who can't (schools and individuals) in KHSAA sanctioned events. Even if they were to give Rose Hill the "death penalty", it would only apply to games against schools that are members of the high school athletic associations. Rose Hill can still field a team, and play teams that are not members of a state high school athletic association.

I honestly don't know the mindset of the Rose Hill administration, or what their goals are for their basketball team. I also don't know enough to comment on whether Rose Hill has ever disputed anyone's transfer, but I do agree with Ducks about one thing - the eligibility of any kid that transfers must ultimately be laid at the feet of the parents that are involved. The KHSAA has published their rules about transfers, and the criteria that would allow for a ruling of "eligible". If your kid doesn't meet one of those criteria, then you should be prepared for that athlete to sit out a season. JD Adams is a perfect example. He sat out a season, and he is now eligible to play.
Squid Wrote:The KHSAA can't shut the school down. That is not within their power, nor should it be. Their control (in this instance) is limited to who can play and who can't (schools and individuals) in KHSAA sanctioned events. Even if they were to give Rose Hill the "death penalty", it would only apply to games against schools that are members of the high school athletic associations. Rose Hill can still field a team, and play teams that are not members of a state high school athletic association.

I honestly don't know the mindset of the Rose Hill administration, or what their goals are for their basketball team. I also don't know enough to comment on whether Rose Hill has ever disputed anyone's transfer, but I do agree with Ducks about one thing - the eligibility of any kid that transfers must ultimately be laid at the feet of the parents that are involved. The KHSAA has published their rules about transfers, and the criteria that would allow for a ruling of "eligible". If your kid doesn't meet one of those criteria, then you should be prepared for that athlete to sit out a season. JD Adams is a perfect example. He sat out a season, and he is now eligible to play.
There was a little sarcasm in my previous post. I know that the KHSAA is not able to shut the school down. I'm simply stating that Rose Hill didn't shut the doors because of the most recent exodus. They have kids there who are willing and want to play. Truly, I wish the best for them.
The infamous trio had indeed tried to either scare or dispute the transfer of the Hammonds girl then they dropped the appeal the day before the appeal's hearing was supposed to take place. The Administrator is a puppet and is told when to speak, what to speak and when to be quiet. This will be Mrs. Parsons last year as School Administrator. The media is being curtailed.

Whether or not the KHSAA or the Media recieve the truth is irrevelant at this point. Good luck to the kids that are left at Rose Hill. Rose Hill is very misleading on information they leak out to the public.
If the following statements are true:
1. Fuller and Garnes were close friends before Garnes passed away
2. The Garnes family wished the Garnes memorial scholarship be awarded to Fuller

I as an administrator would have a hard time not abiding by the Garnes family's wishes. If these statements have been made up to avoid punishment then its not very Christian like. It is also not very Christian like for Fostor to make such a derogitory comment about a high school student/athlete's playing ability.

I would not expect Rose Hill to get the death penalty. The infractions Lexington Christian and Lexington Catholic were found guilty of were much more serious than Rose Hill's. These schools received $15,000 and $35,000 fines respectively and were put on probation but were allowed to compete in the post season.

I found it strange that the contents of the phone recording by the former coach was not printed in the article.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:The infamous trio had indeed tried to either scare or dispute the transfer of the Hammonds girl then they dropped the appeal the day before the appeal's hearing was supposed to take place. The Administrator is a puppet and is told when to speak, what to speak and when to be quiet. This will be Mrs. Parsons last year as School Administrator. The media is being curtailed.

Whether or not the KHSAA or the Media recieve the truth is irrevelant at this point. Good luck to the kids that are left at Rose Hill. Rose Hill is very misleading on information they leak out to the public.
And for you to insinuate that you have all the truth that the "public" won't get is laughable.
Ashland Diomedes Hemorrhoidous would be a better name for the comments you make. :yawn:

And on another note, Rose Hill has nothing to gain by staying in KHSAA. Only a great deal to lose.
LIB MRDux Wrote:"if we were gonna recruit, we'd have recruited someone who knew how to play ball".....Ouch!!!

How do we know that this is a direct quote and taken out of context of what was really said. We don't I suspect that we will get a article in the paper tomorrow explaining this so called qoute. I hope the KHSAA doesn't do anything to Rose Hill. They have done enough damage now as it is with all the players leaving.
Walleye Wrote:Ashland Diomedes Hemorrhoidous would be a better name for the comments you make. :yawn:

And on another note, Rose Hill has nothing to gain by staying in KHSAA. Only a great deal to lose.

Not trying to jump in the middle of this one but that:thatsfunn is funny:lmao:
Very few posts get me laughing out loud, but this one did!

Nice quote by Foster. Further proof of that good "christian" leadership they got out there. If I was affiliated with RH in any way (church or school), I would be embarrassed by him and his comments.
rojas Wrote:If the following statements are true:
1. Fuller and Garnes were close friends before Garnes passed away
2. The Garnes family wished the Garnes memorial scholarship be awarded to Fuller

I as an administrator would have a hard time not abiding by the Garnes family's wishes. If these statements have been made up to avoid punishment then its not very Christian like. It is also not very Christian like for Fostor to make such a derogitory comment about a high school student/athlete's playing ability.

I would not expect Rose Hill to get the death penalty. The infractions Lexington Christian and Lexington Catholic were found guilty of were much more serious than Rose Hill's. These schools received $15,000 and $35,000 fines respectively and were put on probation but were allowed to compete in the post season.

I found it strange that the contents of the phone recording by the former coach was not printed in the article.

I’ve been reading this site for some time, but felt the need to finally step in and comment. First let me say this is tragic what is going on at Rose Hill. As a former student and now parent of a student, let me say, I am sadden by the allegations.

I do however wish to respond to the bolded. Michael Fuller and David Garnes were very close. Michael spoke at David’s funeral. He also had David’s name tattooed on his arm. Michael was seen by those of us at Rose Hill with David’s parents often. He became surrogate brother for David’s little brother. I spoke to many teachers and other parents in the school, the general feeling was that he shared the loss with the family and was a wonderful means of support.

Knowing the Garnes’ as I, and the rest of the Rose Hill family do. I do not believe they had any idea about the communications with Michael prior to his coming to Rose Hill. I also do not believe they gave the scholarship to the him because he played basketball. Michael did not play basketball his senior year and he still received the scholarship and was still seen often with the Garnes family.

It isn’t my intention to take up for Rose Hill for any wrongdoing. If Michael was recruited, then the punishment should be imposed. I just believe the scholarship was given out of love and not for basketball purposes.
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:Nice quote by Foster. Further proof of that good "christian" leadership they got out there. If I was affiliated with RH in any way (church or school), I would be embarrassed by him and his comments.
Totally out of line and needs to be dealt with appropriately.
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:Nice quote by Foster. Further proof of that good "christian" leadership they got out there. If I was affiliated with RH in any way (church or school), I would be embarrassed by him and his comments.

In my previous post I left out the fact that I am ashamed of this comment. Mr. Foster is a good man and usually chooses his words wisely. I hope this was taken out of context. Otherwise please apolagize.
The school is the one you need to address with this. The school board is responsible for his actions. They do the hiring and the firing not the church.
Yes the remarks made by Mr. Foster about the fuller kid was just horrible.
Just another black eye for the school. Thank you Mr. Principal, may I have another?

On a sidenote, Mr. Fuller said Jerry Foster paddles like an old lady.
Before you make assumptions you need to make sure Mr. Foster wasn't misquoted.
LIB MRDux Wrote:Just another black eye for the school. Thank you Mr. Principal, may I have another?

On a sidenote, Mr. Fuller said Jerry Foster paddles like an old lady.

Lol, I hope paddles better that he umpires.:biggrin:
I never insinuated anything, but to take 16 months to investigate just one (1) recruiting violation is absurd. I am sure that there is more to all of this than just the Fuller violation. LIB MRDUX, you seem to be in the know, why dont you enlighten us ole great one.
Mr Foster is good man. He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:I never insinuated anything, but to take 16 months to investigate just one (1) recruiting violation is absurd. I am sure that there is more to all of this than just the Fuller violation. LIB MRDUX, you seem to be in the know, why dont you enlighten us ole great one.
Don't turn it around on me. You were the one with the "information that they leak out to the public is misleading" comment. Why don't you enlighten us with your version of the truth? What part is misleading? What exactly was leaked? Leaked,,,,that's a good word. Everyone's information is about as clear as yellow urine.
royal blueblood Wrote:I’ve been reading this site for some time, but felt the need to finally step in and comment. First let me say this is tragic what is going on at Rose Hill. As a former student and now parent of a student, let me say, I am sadden by the allegations.

I do however wish to respond to the bolded. Michael Fuller and David Garnes were very close. Michael spoke at David’s funeral. He also had David’s name tattooed on his arm. Michael was seen by those of us at Rose Hill with David’s parents often. He became surrogate brother for David’s little brother. I spoke to many teachers and other parents in the school, the general feeling was that he shared the loss with the family and was a wonderful means of support.

Knowing the Garnes’ as I, and the rest of the Rose Hill family do. I do not believe they had any idea about the communications with Michael prior to his coming to Rose Hill. I also do not believe they gave the scholarship to the him because he played basketball. Michael did not play basketball his senior year and he still received the scholarship and was still seen often with the Garnes family.

It isn’t my intention to take up for Rose Hill for any wrongdoing. If Michael was recruited, then the punishment should be imposed. I just believe the scholarship was given out of love and not for basketball purposes.

I have no doubt that your statement is true. If the Fuller scholarship is the only issue, then if I were a KHSAA board member I would have a hard time penalizing Rose Hill for providing Fuller the Garnes scholarship.

Do you know if there are other issues or is this the only major issue?
LIB MRDux Wrote:Don't turn it around on me. You were the one with the "information that they leak out to the public is misleading" comment. Why don't you enlighten us with your version of the truth? What part is misleading? What exactly was leaked? Leaked,,,,that's a good word. Everyone's information is about as clear as yellow urine.

LIB MRDux, you know and I know that this investigation is more than just the Fuller violation. I know your role model is Forrest Gump (Stupid is as Stupid does) but give it a break. What is the current enrollment of the High School? Misleading is saying the current enrollment is 280 or so. Most people would think that this means High School when infact it means K-12. You tell me? that misleading to the average reader? This is the kind of spin that takes place with the Three Stooges...well I guess 1 stooge. From my understanding 2 of them resigned. To that I say kudos to Rose Hill for taking a step in the right direction.

I am not going to elaborate with my wits versus your inferior intellect. We both know they are guilty of many violations.
Ashland Diomedes Wrote:LIB MRDux, you know and I know that this investigation is more than just the Fuller violation. I know your role model is Forrest Gump (Stupid is as Stupid does) but give it a break. What is the current enrollment of the High School? Misleading is saying the current enrollment is 280 or so. Most people would think that this means High School when infact it means K-12. You tell me? that misleading to the average reader? This is the kind of spin that takes place with the Three Stooges...well I guess 1 stooge. From my understanding 2 of them resigned. To that I say kudos to Rose Hill for taking a step in the right direction.

I am not going to elaborate with my wits versus your inferior intellect. We both know they are guilty of many violations.
Well, MENSA, the enrollment is the enrollment. If you're so stupid as to not know that means the entire school, well, enough said. You have no clue what the information is or isn't. You don't know the email trail from former Rose Hillers both parents of former students and former secretaries and the like. You have no clue. That's abundantly clear, as much as you'd like to try to smear me with your Rose Hill disdain. You're clueless, it doesn't take much to establish that. As for the tape, you don't have a clue who is on it or what it says. As for the student, you have no clue when he got the scholarship or when it expired, or if indeed he ever got around to filling out the proper paperwork to receive it, which by the way was his fault and his source of angst (oops, I shouldn' have let that slip out, it may fall under your schizophrenic "misleading leaked information" act) . So, go get knee deep in your grapevine, because your grapevine sucks.
I would just like to say that I dont think this has anything to do with David and Michael being friends and the Garnes scholarship.. How about the fact that the GARNES MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP was only in affect Fullers senior year.. What about the other 3 years..
Pages: 1 2 3 4