Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic @ DeSales 11/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predictions/Thoughts?

@ Southern High.
I'll take NewCath by a touchdown in a barnburner.
It's going be a squeaker. I like NCC by less than 7 on the road to advance.

Good luck to both teams!
NCC has played a tough schedule to prepare for the playoff road. I look for the Horse-Heads to win by a nose!
NCC by 3 TD's
NewCath's early season schedule against the big boys should pay dividends here. Holy Cross gave DeSales all they could want. NewCath had very little trouble with HC when they met a few weeks back. I'll take the Breds by 21.
I understand that DeSales gets very little respect bc these forums are dominated by people from EKY and Northern Ky,and thats fine. However, DeSales played 6 teams ranked in higher classes and lost to three 6A teams all by 8 points or less.6A teams in Louisville are loaded with speed.

Lastly,NCC got a late score to make it 27-7 vs CAL,who DeSales beat by a similar margin only the game was played in rain and mud.Colts by a TD.
Newcath's size up front on both sides of the ball will be the difference in this one. I expect Kelly and Hightchew both to have big games.

Newcath 35
Desales 17
I'm going to go with Newport Central Catholic in an extremely close and good game!!

NCC-35
Desales-31
Today's Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Newport Central Catholic head FB coach, Bob Schnieder is still ailing. Coach is suffering from blood clots which prevent doing any procedure to take care of a heart aneurysm. Coach is 71 yrs. old and has patrolled the NCC sidelines for 44 seasons and until recently 526 straight games! Please keep Coach Schneider in your thoughts and prayers as the Breds keep chugging along in the playoffs! Good luck to all teams remaining and hope Coach Schneider is back on the sidelines soon!
I like NCC in this one. Good luck to both teams.
I think it will be really close as well. Since not many are taking Desales I will. 21-20. Hope NCC's coach gets better.
NCC by a TD. How's the health of Desales? Heard they had some players hurt last week
I like the Breds in this one. Even when Newcath hasn't had their best teams, they've historically had Desales number.

I look for Kelly and Hightchew to lead the Breds in to the state semis.

Newcath 35
Desales 14
HeHateMe Wrote:Today's Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Newport Central Catholic head FB coach, Bob Schnieder is still ailing. Coach is suffering from blood clots which prevent doing any procedure to take care of a heart aneurysm. Coach is 71 yrs. old and has patrolled the NCC sidelines for 44 seasons and until recently 526 straight games! Please keep Coach Schneider in your thoughts and prayers as the Breds keep chugging along in the playoffs! Good luck to all teams remaining and hope Coach Schneider is back on the sidelines soon!

Nothing against Coach Schneider, but I think his body is telling him that the time has come to hand over the controls to his son. Anything else would be too much of a risk. His record is capable of standing on its own. Bob Schneider IS NewCath football. I wish him the best.:worthy::notworthy:1:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Nothing against Coach Schneider, but I think his body is telling him that the time has come to hand over the controls to his son. Anything else would be too much of a risk. His record is capable of standing on its own. Bob Schneider IS NewCath football. I wish him the best.:worthy::notworthy:1:

Agree 100%, nice post
i take desales by 2 in this game. when they played CAL it took them all they had..despite the score. When CAL played NCC, the score didnt show what happened on the field. CAL held them in the second half to <50 yards rushing. I say Desales will run over them with their running backs and their qb.
HeHateMe Wrote:NCC has played a tough schedule to prepare for the playoff road. I look for the Horse-Heads to win by a nose!
\

desales play 4 6a teams 2 4a team i think they had a harder season then newcath