Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Larry Johnson to the Bengals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw it on ESPN so it must be official.
wow i think this is a bad pick up personally i know LJ still has some left in him but his attitude is bad for the team. plus scott is better anyways!!!
I dont really like this pick up either, although its good to have another power back i guess.
beasy_bo Wrote:wow i think this is a bad pick up personally i know LJ still has some left in him but his attitude is bad for the team. plus scott is better anyways!!!

Benson, Scott, and Lenord are all banged up... L.J. is being brought in to be the 4th back. Marvin has already said it won't effect the three backs they already have. I also read on Bengals twitter page that Marvin said he would be inactive if he signs. With the smashmouth style the Bengals are playing you can never have enough backs. Ced can't carry the ball 30 times a game for a whole season. He will ware down in Dec... B. Scott is coming along and Lenord is a 3rd down back.... I see no problem with adding a vet to add depth...People where saying the samethings about Benson before he showed up and look how that turned out. I give Mike Brown a big thumbs up, it seems he is willing to due anything to make this team better.
I can see some postives coming out of this. Benson did injure his hip Sunday and we have an extremely weak next three games. its possible that we may rest Cedric and let Scott and LJ play. And if LJ turns out he still has a bad attitude, they dont have a whole lot invested in him moneywise so just send him packin.
I'm not sure as a bengals fan that I like this pick up although it would be some help for Benson. I guess the organization saw what came from the Benson situation this year after most thought his career was washed up and figured they could go 2 for 2 and bring Johnson in for a 2nd chance like Benson. I guess their taking a big chance but Johnson could be a the 2nd coming of Benson. Lets hope it works out.
Good insurance policy. People thought it was a bad idea to sign Benson as well.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...son+on+way
I love it for two reasons. 1 Another experienced backup and like Benson wants to make a point and prove somethings. 2 Better than letting someone else get him and hurting us later.
CatDawg Wrote:I love it for two reasons. 1 Another experienced backup and like Benson wants to make a point and prove somethings. 2 Better than letting someone else get him and hurting us later.

Marvin did a tremendous job with benson. I heard LJ on the dan Patrick show last week, and I don't think his situation was quite as bad as the media made it out to be. I like having him here,a dn he still has fuel in the tank
Have you seen how little Cincy is paying Benson?
CatDawg Wrote:Have you seen how little Cincy is paying Benson?

He has some big incentives in his contract. I think he can make upwards of $4M, but if he is hurt, it may hurt his chances to reach his numbers.
CatDawg Wrote:Have you seen how little Cincy is paying Benson?

They will give L.J. even less. I think it's a good deal for the Bengals.