Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Back 2 Back for Lee co?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I think lee can win it,But it will be close because with owlsey county on our tails. But I Think lee can pull it out by at least 5 points
Ummm.....are you talking about winning the 56th District?
I think Powell will be right there too. Should be a good district between the 3 of them and you never know what Estill will have losing what they did, but they have a good coach, so they will always be around too. Lee probably has the most talent out of the 4 teams, but that don't always mean you win.
i think it will be between Estill, Lee, Owsley. Powell will be alot better than they were last year now that they have Christian Brewer back. alot of people don't know about Estill's New player.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:I think Powell will be right there too. Should be a good district between the 3 of them and you never know what Estill will have losing what they did, but they have a good coach, so they will always be around too. Lee probably has the most talent out of the 4 teams, but that don't always mean you win.
I'm not so sure about the bolded in your post. Didn't Lee lose 3, maybe 4 starters from last year? I think Powell and Owsley have most of their starters back. Owsley has all 5 who started the district tournament game back, plus the top reserves. And Powell has added Brewer who transferred back from Clark.
With the transfer back from Clark, I look for Powell to be the favorite now with Lee a very close 2nd.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:With the transfer back from Clark, I look for Powell to be the favorite now with Lee a very close 2nd.
Lee could very easily be the 4th team in the district. Charles and Campbell will be difficult to replace. The only key player returning is Pittman. Wise was a role player last year and may step up and help some this year. But overall the other 3 teams in the district have more talent coming back.
Powell only won around 5 or 6 games last year, but there's no doubt that Brewer will make them a much stronger team.
Truthfully i think Lee Co will be second in the District, I got Estill 1st then Owsley 3rd, and Powell 4th because i don't see them making such a big turn around that everyone says they will.