Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Upsets Last Decade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the biggest up sets that have occurred in the last ten years? If JCHS was to beat Fort Thomas this year I think that would be at the top.
I'm tempted to say it but it wouldn't be right. Now on topic, I would have to think that if JC beats Highlands it would be one of the greatest in KY period.
Hazard knocking off LCA last season was pretty big. LCA whipped Hazard in the regular season by almost 40!
Last season when Taylor County beat Somerset in the regular season...Has to be one of the biggest upsets in many years.
When Murray beats Fort Campbell this coming friday for the regional championship.
2003 Estill beat # 3 Russell 35-14
I believe it was 2003 a 4 seed in Boyd county came to log mountain and knocked off the bobcats the overwhelmingly 1 seed
football dude Wrote:When Murray beats Fort Campbell this coming friday for the regional championship.

You will regret that statment this Friday.
Pike Central over Mason County last Friday night.
Caldwell County beat Danville in the state championship around 10 years ago. I can't remember the details but Danville was a heavy favorite. Danville had a great running back that year in Jeremy Britt.
tcb Wrote:Pike Central over Mason County last Friday night.

:Thumbs:
Taylor County over Somerset in 2008.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I believe it was 2003 a 4 seed in Boyd county came to log mountain and knocked off the bobcats the overwhelmingly 1 seed

That 2003 game with Bell and Boyd was quite deceiving. Boyd County beat Belfry 18-0 in the first game of the year, but by game #3 of that season the Lions got killed with injuries. Boyd had a kid named Hughes and another named Carr (or Karr, I think) and they along with others got healthy down the stretch. A healthy Boyd team did something few teams accomplish, win at Log Mountain.
I'd have to say 2005 Trinity beating St X 14 to 6 in the state final. In week six of that year Trinity lost to St X 48 to 16! That has to be in the top, don't you think?
Bourbon Co. winning state...
WildDawg Wrote:Caldwell County beat Danville in the state championship around 10 years ago. I can't remember the details but Danville was a heavy favorite. Danville had a great running back that year in Jeremy Britt.

11 year ago.

Key play was a "fake Punt" by Danville that "blew up" when the up back and/or punter didn't get the call.
I Rule The World Wrote:Bourbon Co. winning state...

12 years ago.

And I would rate that march as the greatest string of upsets since NC State marched through the NCAA basketball tourney in '83.

Upsets over Boyle, Lex Cath, Lawrence and then the state title.