Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton @ St. Xavier 11/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lets get this party started.
The boys fro Independence better bring their a game to this. Their is no second chance. This will be a very close game and the true championship game. The number 1 and Number 2 ranked teams in the state going at it. I hope to see these boys get this win and move on.
neerfan Wrote:The boys fro Independence better bring their a game to this. Their is no second chance. This will be a very close game and the true championship game. The number 1 and Number 2 ranked teams in the state going at it. I hope to see these boys get this win and move on.

I do not think this game will be very close. St. X will be ready to play and on their home turf with a big crowd. SK has had a great year, but I think you saw this week that when SK plays good teams like Manual that they are not going to push them around. St X has played a much tougher schedule and it will pay off. I think SK is closer to playing with St X than in last years final, but not by much. I see St. X winning by 21.
I'm not ready to county SK out yet. I'm not ready to predict it just yet, but I do believe they have a chance. St. X is expected to win, that is all to SK's favor. This is not the same Pioneer team from last year, this team is a team of confidence and belief.
Guys I forgot to put a poll on this. Can someone add on for me. Thanks
Done
I'd really like to see SK pull this one out for the simple fact that it's time for a NKY team to win the 6A state title, but I just don't see it happening.

X absolutely manhandled Ryle last night. I don't think they'll beat SK that bad, but it will be a long night for the Neers. Their defense has shown they're prone to giving up a lot of points which doesn't bode well for them in a game like this where X can put up a lot of points in a hurry.

I think Simpson gets his, but in the end it won't be enough.

St. Xavier- 42
Simon Kenton- 21
Simon Kenton calls it a year. Miles gets Mr. Football
SK will go down in this one unimpressively by 21
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'd really like to see SK pull this one out for the simple fact that it's time for a NKY team to win the 6A state title, but I just don't see it happening.

X absolutely manhandled Ryle last night. I don't think they'll beat SK that bad, but it will be a long night for the Neers. Their defense has shown they're prone to giving up a lot of points which doesn't bode well for them in a game like this where X can put up a lot of points in a hurry.

I think Simpson gets his, but in the end it won't be enough.

St. Xavier- 42
Simon Kenton- 21

How have they shown this. An average of 20 points per game. Don't seem like alot to me. And alot of those points were after starters were taken out. The HC game yes but the rest not really.
neerfan Wrote:How have they shown this. An average of 20 points per game. Don't seem like alot to me. And alot of those points were after starters were taken out. The HC game yes but the rest not really.

I agree with you neerfan. Being on the sideline for a couple of these SK games, their defense is solid. The points that they have given up in the 4th quarter during the seasonshould not be counted against them in this equation.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Simon Kenton calls it a year. Miles gets Mr. Football

:Thumbs:
Miles gets Mr. Football but these boys are not ready to call it a year yet. The will give St X all they want and then some.
I agree, like they say "on any given sunday"
X takes a page from the Trinity handbook and puts a "spy" LB on Simpson where ever he goes. Basically turns the game into 10 on 10. SK close...but no cigar. And I agree Mr. Simpson gets a well-deserved MR. Football trophy for his mantle!
This is just unfortunate that these teams have to be meeting this early in the playoffs. IMO this should be the class 6A State Championship game! You got two excellent top notch football programs going at it here. Mattter of fact they're ranked SK 3rd in the state and St. X 2nd in the state and 18th nationally! This will be a great game that i would absolutely love to go to! I'm routing for the Pioneers in this one but i think that St. X is just gonna have too much firepower at the end of this game! But, i really wanna see an upset Pioneers!! Go Pioneers!!

St. X-27
SK-24
neerfan Wrote:How have they shown this. An average of 20 points per game. Don't seem like alot to me. And alot of those points were after starters were taken out. The HC game yes but the rest not really.

Stardust Wrote:I agree with you neerfan. Being on the sideline for a couple of these SK games, their defense is solid. The points that they have given up in the 4th quarter during the seasonshould not be counted against them in this equation.

Sk's defense is prone to giving up a lot of points against BETTER TEAMS. Manual and Henry Clay are perfect examples.

X has a more diverse offense than both of those teams which spells trouble for the Neers. I'll guarantee SK's defene doesn't hold X to under 35 points and the Tigers score in the 42-56 range.

Like I said in another thread...I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.
St. X by 10
leecoukfan Wrote:This is just unfortunate that these teams have to be meeting this early in the playoffs. IMO this should be the class 6A State Championship game! You got two excellent top notch football programs going at it here. Mattter of fact they're ranked SK 3rd in the state and St. X 2nd in the state and 18th nationally! This will be a great game that i would absolutely love to go to! I'm routing for the Pioneers in this one but i think that St. X is just gonna have too much firepower at the end of this game! But, i really wanna see an upset Pioneers!! Go Pioneers!!

St. X-27
SK-24

Depends on the paper I guess. Louisville Courier Journal as of the 9th had ST X number 1 and SK number 2 and Highlands number 3 statewide. And ST X and SK 1 and 2 in 6A. This should be the true state championship game.

Courier-Journal Litkenhous Football Ratings
Last Updated:2009-11-09 :01:11
Top 20
1.St. Xavier (10-1) 140.2
2.Simon Kenton (10-1) 129.8
3.Highlands (11-0) 129.3

4.Boyle County (11-0) 123.5
5.Trinity (7-4) 123.4
6.Ryle (8-3) 121.2
7.Fort Campbell (11-0) 119.3
8.Bell County (10-1) 118.7
9.Male (9-2) 116.5
10.Manual (5-6) 115.4
11.Bowling Green (9-2) 115.3
12.Henry Clay (9-2) 114.1
13.Lexington Catholic (7-4) 113.0
14.Ballard (8-3) 112.5
15.Shelby County (9-2) 112.0
16.Conner (8-3) 110.3
17.John Hardin (11-0) 109.1
18.Fern Creek (7-4) 107.6
19.Lone Oak (11-0) 107.5
20.Scott County (8-3) 107.4
^ I think in the AP poll, they may be 3rd. In either case, this game is the championship. The winner will matchup with Trinity which both teams should beat
neerfan Wrote:Depends on the paper I guess. Louisville Courier Journal as of the 9th had ST X number 1 and SK number 2 and Highlands number 3 statewide. And ST X and SK 1 and 2 in 6A. This should be the true state championship game.

Top 20
3.Highlands (11-0) 129.3

5.Trinity (7-4) 123.4
6.Ryle (8-3) 121.2
9.Male (9-2) 116.5
10.Manual (5-6) 115.4
14.Ballard (8-3) 112.5
16.Conner (8-3) 110.3
19.Lone Oak (11-0) 107.5

Thats just my point these are pretty much the two best teams in the state and its unfortunate that they don't get to play against each other in the 6A State Championship game!
Stardust Wrote:^ I think in the AP poll, they may be 3rd. In either case, this game is the championship. The winner will matchup with Trinity which both teams should beat

Yeah, that might of been what i was looking at because it had:
1.Highlands
2.St. Xavier
3.Simon Kenton
4.Trinity
5.Ryle

But anyways, again IMO this is truely what should be the class 6A State Championship game because i can almost guarantee you that whoever wins this game wins STATE!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Thats just my point these are pretty much the two best teams in the state and its unfortunate that they don't get to play against each other in the 6A State Championship game!

Uh I think #9 ranked (nationally) Highlands might have something to say about that.

Also, I don't think SK would beat Trinity either. It'd be a close game but St. X and Trinity are the top two teams in the state in 6A, IMO. Sk is a close third.
I'll take the Tigers in this one by two touchdowns in a close game.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Uh I think #9 ranked (nationally) Highlands might have something to say about that.

Also, I don't think SK would beat Trinity either. It'd be a close game but St. X and Trinity are the top two teams in the state in 6A, IMO. Sk is a close third.

Yeah, Highlands is THE best but St.X and SK are right behind and IMO on any given friday i think that both those teams would have a really good chance of beating the Bluebirds!
kywldcat01 Wrote:Uh I think #9 ranked (nationally) Highlands might have something to say about that.

Uh I think they can say what they want I just posted what was in the paper. DUH. I dont make the polls just read them. I hope you get to eat crow again soon. I love the thought.

Polls can be found to be certain peoples opinions and just that. Unfortunatley for Highlands this poll puts them behind SK. Not much I can do about that now is there?

If we played them and beat them then we would have to be ranked nationally wouldn't we. But that will not happen unfortunatley cause I know this SK team could do it and I believe you know it too just dont want to admit it.:lmao:
neerfan Wrote:Depends on the paper I guess. Louisville Courier Journal as of the 9th had ST X number 1 and SK number 2 and Highlands number 3 statewide. And ST X and SK 1 and 2 in 6A. This should be the true state championship game.

Top 20
3.Highlands (11-0) 129.3

5.Trinity (7-4) 123.4
6.Ryle (8-3) 121.2
9.Male (9-2) 116.5
10.Manual (5-6) 115.4
14.Ballard (8-3) 112.5
16.Conner (8-3) 110.3
19.Lone Oak (11-0) 107.5

I bet you framed that article, eh? Not worth the paper it's written on....and that includes your opinion as well wanna be.
neerfan Wrote:Uh I think they can say what they want I just posted what was in the paper. DUH. I dont make the polls just read them. I hope you get to eat crow again soon. I love the thought.

Polls can be found to be certain peoples opinions and just that. Unfortunatley for Highlands this poll puts them behind SK. Not much I can do about that now is there?

If we played them and beat them then we would have to be ranked nationally wouldn't we. But that will not happen unfortunatley cause I know this SK team could do it and I believe you know it too just dont want to admit it.:lmao:

I don't think that SK could beat Highlands, SK has a great team but Highlands' team is much greater. It would probably be within 3 touchdowns, and i would definitely go and watch.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:I bet you framed that article, eh? Not worth the paper it's written on....and that includes your opinion as well wanna be.

Schmilla88 Wrote:I don't think that SK could beat Highlands, SK has a great team but Highlands' team is much greater. It would probably be within 3 touchdowns, and i would definitely go and watch.

Hey whackem could say the same about Highlands but I have more class that that. Just keep showing your %^&. Remember what they say about opinions. they are like , well you, everybody has one.

Schmilla, Please son, your the fan that thought your raiders would beat Highlands and St X. Remember the team that made you the number 2 seed. Oh wait that was SK and you have the nerve to run your mouth. Have fun while our boys are on their way to the third round.
Schmilla88 Wrote:I don't think that SK could beat Highlands, SK has a great team but Highlands' team is much greater. It would probably be within 3 touchdowns, and i would definitely go and watch.

neerfan Wrote:Hey whackem could say the same about Highlands but I have more class that that. Just keep showing your %^&. Remember what they say about opinions. they are like , well you, everybody has one.

Schmilla, Please son, your the fan that thought your raiders would beat Highlands and St X. Remember the team that made you the number 2 seed. Oh wait that was SK and you have the nerve to run your mouth. Have fun while our boys are on their way to the third round.

First off-I'm not running my mouth.
Second off-I said we would play good games against X and Highlands and it might be close.
Third off-I believe I said it was a longshot that Ryle would beat St. X.
Fouth off-I also believe I said that SK has a great team (I didn't know that was running your mouth). I respect SK and i never said anything bad about them, im just saying that Highlands is better.
Pages: 1 2