Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paducah Tilghman 34 Union County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All PT, Tornados built 17-0 lead then cruise control. This is a major upset (on paper but not really unexpected by PT followers)
braves had a bad game, everyone cried at the sound of the horn at the end of the 4th. tilghman came out and beat us down. too bad, for some of us there is a next year, for our seniors there arent. good luck to tilghman for the remainder of the playoffs.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:All PT, Tornados built 17-0 lead then cruise control. This is a major upset (on paper but not really unexpected by PT followers)

Mild upset.....yes. Major upset....no.

I was surprised that Union didn't make it a better ballgame. Tilghman is firing on all cylinders right now.

Next week's game @ Russellville should be a dandy.
tilghman is a new team. Union no doubt played horribly. no one seemed to be on in this game and tilghman socked it to them. GL Tilghman go beat Central and get revenge from that kick 2 in 2007.
Tilghman's D was as dominant tonight as I have seen in 2 years. Going to that 6 looking front has worked wonders for PT's D-line. UC seemed inexplicably and uncharacteristically flat, maybe looking ahead? Great game against a classy UC program.
congrats pt
[quote=Westguy]Mild upset.....yes. Major upset....no.

I did say on paper and that it was no suprise to us westerners, anyway, great win for PT and their inbattled coach
Congrats PT
Paducah Tilghman 34 Union Co. 7

Class 3A, second round
Paducah Tilghman 7 10 14 3 34

Union Co. 0 7 0 0 7

Scoring summary:
PT--Chris Jackson 15 run (Will Nichols kick); PT--Nichols 37 field goal; PT-- Jackson 7 run (Nichols kick); UC--Aaron Hedgepath 41 fumble return (Brandon Harper kick); PT-- Josh Forrest 35 interception return (Nichols kick); PT-- Decardia Key 12 fumble return (Nichols kick); PT--Nichols 23 field goal.
Records: Paducah Tilghman 6-6, Union Co. 8-4.

Kentucky.com
UCFB Wrote:tilghman is a new team. Union no doubt played horribly. no one seemed to be on in this game and tilghman socked it to them. GL Tilghman go beat Central and get revenge from that kick 2 in 2007.

So I guess now you won't be running your mouth as much.I believe they will beat Central but untill they do.......
UCFB supports his team in a big way, I don't think he runs his mouth. He congratulated Tilghman and wished them well. What more can you ask?
Wow! I was totally wrong on this pick.

Congrats Tilghman!
It looks like UC put the ball on the carpet a few times that really cost them. Was this Devon Foster doing all the fumbling or was he just shut down.
Give some credit to PT's opportunistic defense but Foster simply was not a factor in the game where he absolutely, positively had to be. Looking at the pregame, he was not favoring the ankle in the least and he seemed loose and ready to go. UC had a great year and won the district and that was great for their program. But I think everyone on their team would trade the district championship trophy for a chance to be playing Friday.
What can you say? Union just got outplayed,ect. No factor was Robison and Foster.
Robison no time to throw and Foster no place to run. Great defense by PT. It seemed that sometimes everyone was rushing. Union no passing game to speak of, only Robison to Bickett all year long, no one else in the mix. Coach Carter will have to develope a passing game along with the run to beat the good teams. I am sure he knows that now.
Everyone feels sorry for the seniors, Robison was looking for a great year and it did not happen. He is a good Q-Back and I am sure he will get some small college offers if he is
marketed by the school but that is a big if. Coach Carter will learn from this year and the future should be good for the Braves. Foster, Bickett, Joiner, Hedgepath are good athletes and should excell next year along with others.
The good news is, that the braves only loose 6 starters but will have to replace a few lineman, their Qb, safety, and MLB. look out for the braves next year as im sure this streak of success will draw interest to some of the students who should have played. the school has more athletes than i can name that didnt come out this year, and if so their is no doubt in my mind union would have had that trophy. To overcome the death of their second best player in Timothy Mckenney, a 215 pound defensive tackle and O guard, who was explodively quick, was huge loss to the team, and also to overcome the numberous injuries that happened to key players, this 8-4 team deserves some credit. Good luck next year Braves.