Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeSales 28 Cov. Holy Cross 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final... DeSales plays NewCath next Friday.
Final
Look for NewCath to take the game next week...
I would agree
Tough loss for the Indians. From what I heard, they led the whole game but couldn't finish at the end.
Well you heard wrong because HC never lead once.DeSales lead the entire game until it was tied,and then won like good teams do. HC has a great QB running the ball thought,that was a 1 man team.
DeSales 28 Covington Holy Cross 20

Class 2A, second round
Covington Holy Cross 0 7 7 6 20

DeSales 7 7 0 14 28

Scoring summary:
D--Garrit Leicht 19 run (Ryan Johnson kick); D--Nick Roush 4 pass from Johnson (Johnson kick); CHC--Robert Zigler 36 pass from Markel Walker (Xavier Hassert kick); CHC--Chas Spenlau fumble recovery in end zone (Hassert kick); D--Andrew Beeler 7 run (Johnson kick); CHC--Walker 4 run (pass failed); D-Kyle Perry 17 run (Johnson kick).
Records: Covington Holy Cross 6-6, DeSales 9-3.

Kentucky.com
Louisville DeSales defeated Holy Cross 28-20 in the second round of the Class 2A state playoffs. DeSales led 14-7 at the half, but Holy Cross scored in the third quarter to even the score.

Marquel Walker led the way for Holy Cross going 11-for-21 passing for 146 yards and a touchdown.

Walker also rushed 26 times for 165 yards and a touchdown.

DeSales running back Andrew Beeler carried the ball 25 times for 205 yards and a touchdown. Holy Cross finished its season at 6-6 and DeSales moves on at 9-3.
Can someone post some info about Andrew Beeler from Desales? I see that he gets a lot of carries but I share the same last name(not related) and am kind of interested in knowing more about him. Is he a power runner or speedy? What age/grade? I would love to see him play but my heart is at 11th and Chestnut on Friday nights.
redcoach he is a very tough north and south runner who will run over you. He had 200 yards on Cov Holy Cross and has around 1400 or so for the season,in a bakanced running attack where 3 backs usually get at least 5-10 carries. Also good at catching the ball out of the backfield.

Who is your team?
desales will go to state
rebel 4 life Wrote:desales will go to state

Who will they be there to watch? :eyeroll:
Seriously, they fought to the end with a Holy Cross team that NewCath owned a few weeks ago. This might not be the NewCath team of last year, but I don't see them stepping out this Friday.