Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 61 Middlesboro 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prestonsburg lead 61-7 at the half. Burchett had 4 or 5 touchdowns in the first half and nearly or over 400 yards passing. I think the Blackcats could have scored 100 easily tonight.

Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats Prestonburg
Wooooo. Rematch of last years regional final, Corbin vs. Prestonsburg.
Official Stats for Burchett
1 rush for 15 yards
11-15 287 6 tds

Prestonsburg has 448 total yards the first half.
Great stats for Burchett.

Congrats Blackcats!
Congrats to the Blackcats. They just keep on rolling.

Don't hang your heads Jackets, let's get focused on next year and see where we're at in a couple months from now.

Good luck to the Blackcats.
Congrats Blackcats
Big win for Prestonsburg Blackcats against Middlesboro. Look to see the Blackcats in the State.
Wow, Dominated
Why didn't the Jackets drop into pass coverage after they got burned deep 2-3 times ? Why play so many in the box and stay in man coverage ?

Without a doubt, Middlesboro was the most unprepared team for a game I've seen in a long time. I'm not convinced they watched any P-burg game film.

I'm a big-time P-burg fan, but the game tonight made me wish I'd gone to the Central/CovCath game.

Man !! It's awful to see a storied program like Middlesboro play such BAD football...

:HitWall: :HitWall:
YES...Way to go P-Burg. Keep it goin guys.
The Qb from Middlesborro did seem to have an arm on him. His timing was bad but he could fling it down feild. I would still like to see Pburgs line come off the ball better. Their footwork is slow and just plain bad. But Micheal is still getting the ball off under pressure.
Matman Wrote:The Qb from Middlesborro did seem to have an arm on him. His timing was bad but he could fling it down feild. I would still like to see Pburgs line come off the ball better. Their footwork is slow and just plain bad. But Micheal is still getting the ball off under pressure.

Wow... "slow" footwork ?!? I don't know what you're watching...maybe you're talking about interior blocking technique (on the 2-3 plays P-burg ran between the tackles in the half) ??

The power sweep never failed to gain less than 8 yds.. Every time, and I mean every time it was run, P-burg's pulling linemen beat the defense to the point of attack.

The jet, OTOH, just isn't a very good play against Middlesboro's defensive scheme.
oneijoe Wrote:Wow... "slow" footwork ?!? I don't know what you're watching...maybe you're talking about interior blocking technique (on the 2-3 plays P-burg ran between the tackles in the half) ??

The power sweep never failed to gain less than 8 yds.. Every time, and I mean every time it was run, P-burg's pulling linemen beat the defense to the point of attack.

The jet, OTOH, just isn't a very good play against Middlesboro's defensive scheme.

I'm talking about the actual footwork of the lineman. Their first step. The actual technique used in blocking. Not team schemes but individual technique. I know you probally aren't familar with this. You haven't played on the line or football before so i know its hard for you to understand individual technique. However Pburgs team play and timing is excelent. I would like to see better footwork from the line. I think pburg has answered the question of which one is better; team speed or individual speed.
Could not believe this halftime score when I turned on the radio...How is that possible in a SECOND ROUND PLAYOFF GAME?????????? Best of Luck next week Blackcats!
Congrats P-Burg
oneijoe Wrote:Why didn't the Jackets drop into pass coverage after they got burned deep 2-3 times ? Why play so many in the box and stay in man coverage ?

Without a doubt, Middlesboro was the most unprepared team for a game I've seen in a long time. I'm not convinced they watched any P-burg game film.

I'm a big-time P-burg fan, but the game tonight made me wish I'd gone to the Central/CovCath game.

Man !! It's awful to see a storied program like Middlesboro play such BAD football...

:HitWall: :HitWall:

Thats what Middlesboro does. They will stack the box and try to stop the run and never defend the pass very well. Roark is why nothing was changed during the game. He just DOESNT CARE ANYMORE!!! Thats why there needs to be a change for someone that does care about winning.
I couldn't agree with you more. I believe Roark is burned out. We need a change. This is unacceptable. Middlesboro is top ten in wins among high schools. I wish they would bring somebody in that cares. While Im on my soap box, I wish they would put Bell back on the schedule, you guys have a fine coach and footballl team. Good luck to Prestonsburg.
Prestonsburg and Burchett seem to be getting better week by week! That was an amazing and impressive game by the Blackcats!!
I have to agree with jacketfan99, Roark just didnt seem to care last night. I can understand blown coverage on one or two of the td passes but every single one saw a Blackcat receiver wide open with a Middlesboro defender chasing.
And Im not taking anything away from Burchett, but I mean when you get beat on 6 touchdown passes in the first half. Something had to be done to try and cover the Cats, but nothing was ever different from what I saw.

But wish the Yellow Jackets a good off season and hope to see them back strong next season.
i think p-burg wins 25-14
If Roark is fired or leaves then Mboro will lose their starting QB because that is his son. I would love to see someone come in and bring Mboro back to the glory days. That way when someone beats them its worth bragging about. Sad day in Mboro when they lose like this.
attacktheV Wrote:If Roark is fired or leaves then Mboro will lose their starting QB because that is his son. I would love to see someone come in and bring Mboro back to the glory days. That way when someone beats them its worth bragging about. Sad day in Mboro when they lose like this.

Hope Roark stay's. He is the best coach Bell Co. has. Elam for Pineville is right on his heel's.
wildcats fan Wrote:Hope Roark stay's. He is the best coach Bell Co. has. Elam for Pineville is right on his heel's.

That's not really fair to Coach Elam.

Pineville is typically talent poor and struggles to compete with the neighbors. There just isn't a lot to work with.

The Mountain Lions had a decent season this year.
Instead of talking about all of the negative stuff concerning Middlesboro

What about Those Blackcats !!!

TongueirateSho
congrats blackcats and good luck against corbin
BondJamesBond Wrote:Instead of talking about all of the negative stuff concerning Middlesboro

What about Those Blackcats !!!

TongueirateSho

You're right. My apologies. :igiveup:

Go BLACKCATS !!!
attacktheV Wrote:If Roark is fired or leaves then Mboro will lose their starting QB because that is his son. I would love to see someone come in and bring Mboro back to the glory days. That way when someone beats them its worth bragging about. Sad day in Mboro when they lose like this.

I have heard that he has been trying to land a job at Corbin, for close to a year or so.