Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who will win the 14th region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who does evryone think will win the 14th region championship this year? And who do you think is the team to beat?
i think it will either be KCC, LCC or PCC.
Hazard
Knott Central
Hazard win it easily
wildcats fan Wrote:Hazard win it easily

:dontthink
I think that it will be between KCC and PCC. Are both teams healthy? Has either team had any new players join the team since this summer?

Once I know the answers to the above two questions, I will be able to predict my 14th Region representitive at Rupp.
Hazard
goodguy Wrote:I think that it will be between KCC and PCC. Are both teams healthy? Has either team had any new players join the team since this summer?

Once I know the answers to the above two questions, I will be able to predict my 14th Region representitive at Rupp.

I have to agree with you that the winner will be between KCC and PCC. My questions would be how is Knott going to adjust to a new coach and how these two teams will match up. We wont know either of these until the season begins so I'm going to save my final pick until then.
I have to see the teams play first. As of right now, i think Hazard, PCC, LCC all got a change to win it this year.
if anyone doesnt think its a battle between pcc, kcc, and hazard...then they dont know much about high school basketball in the 14th region this year
Pcc
Hazard looks like they are back in the mix. If they don't have any trouble getting their new big man transfer eligible from up state, which Hazard never has any trouble doing that, then I would say him and Whitaker will eat up this region again! They say the boy is a man child, makes Campbell like like a little boy.

Perry and Knott will be a close 2nd.
Knott Central, barring injury.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Hazard looks like they are back in the mix. If they don't have any trouble getting their new big man transfer eligible from up state, which Hazard never has any trouble doing that, then I would say him and Whitaker will eat up this region again! They say the boy is a man child, makes Campbell like like a little boy.

What is Hazard's new big man's name?
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Hazard looks like they are back in the mix. If they don't have any trouble getting their new big man transfer eligible from up state, which Hazard never has any trouble doing that, then I would say him and Whitaker will eat up this region again! They say the boy is a man child, makes Campbell like like a little boy.

Who is it this time??
I have to go with Hazard as well, although I don't believe that they will beat KCC and PCC both games during the regular season. I think that they will split wins.
Haven't gotten any names yet, but they also have another kid from Harlan about 6'2'' that is also a very nice player. Typical Hazard, lose Martin and pick up 2 others to take his place. Funny stuff!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Haven't gotten any names yet, but they also have another kid from Harlan about 6'2'' that is also a very nice player. Typical Hazard, lose Martin and pick up 2 others to take his place. Funny stuff!

How big is the kid and what school did he transfer from?
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Haven't gotten any names yet, but they also have another kid from Harlan about 6'2'' that is also a very nice player. Typical Hazard, lose Martin and pick up 2 others to take his place. Funny stuff!

Knott County, Perry County, and Hazard will have transfers on their roster this year, not just Hazard!
Perry County Central wins the 14th Region
Hazard easy.. they can flat out play some basketball.
if hazard would have pulled any big time recruits i would think most people around here would know about it by now. they might have gotten a few people, but i bet there nothing special.
I think Perry wins this with the Jordan Amis and Tyler Mullins connection, then put in Chris Noble, Corey Martin, and Salyers out there..Perry will be tough
This is how the Coaches picked the top 10 teams and players the other night during their media day at Hazard.
Boys (13 coaches of 17 voting)
Team /Player
1.) Knott Central 1.) Tate Cox, KCCHS
2.) Perry Central 2.) Josh Whitaker, HHS
3.) Hazard 3.) Stuart Stamper, KCCHS
4.) Buckhorn 4.) Matt Day, BHS
5.) Breathitt Co. 5.) Jordan Amis, PCCHS
6.) Letcher Central 6.) Chris Noble, PCCHS
7.) Leslie Co. 7.) Tyler Mullins, PCCHS
8.) Wolfe Co. 8.) Eric Stidham, BHS
9.) Cordia 9.) Hobart Asher, LCHS
10.) Owsley Co. 10.) Deron Terrill, WCHS
Looks to be another tough season in the 54th District. 3 top 5 teams, with Leslie at 7.
Those ranks are crap. June Buchanan should be top 4.
I would agree with top 5.
Hazard's big man is Allen Fugate and he has been there his whole life.

The last two transfer cases for Hazard have not worked out so well. Hazard could not get Back or Abbott eligible. Both kids had to sit out a year.
Pages: 1 2