Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Defenses in the state?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What teams haves the best defenses?
I'd say Fort Campbell may have the best defense in the state regardless of class.

Here's there defensive stats:

Points allowed per game- 6.7
Rushing yards allowed per game- 71.2
Passing yards allowed per game- 67.7
Total yards allowed per game- 138.9

They also have 9 interceptions on the season along with 12 fumble recoveries.
Bell county
Boyle Co. thru 11 games:

Points allowed per game- 5.8 (64 points total, 13 on kickoff returns)
Rushing yards allowed per game- 55.5
Passing yards allowed per game- 71.7
Total yards allowed per game- 127.2

Probably not the best, but easily Top 5.
Highlands. I'm not looking at stats. Stats are misleading if it does not measure the opponents. Highlands has played a scheudle worty of their National ranking. The offenses that they have controlled are some of the best in the state, including shutting down National Power, Cincinnati St. X. They did not play any cupcakes that would make their stats look better than what they really were.
Stardust Wrote:Highlands. I'm not looking at stats. Stats are misleading if it does not measure the opponents. Highlands has played a scheudle worty of their National ranking. The offenses that they have controlled are some of the best in the state, including shutting down National Power, Cincinnati St. X. They did not play any cupcakes that would make their stats look better than what they really were.

:Thumbs:
My top 5 Highlands Boyle Bell Ft.campbell St.X
1. Highlands
2. St. Xavier
3. Ft. Campbell
4. Boyle County
5. Bell County
Jack Lambert Wrote:My top 5 Highlands Boyle Bell Ft.campbell St.X

I agree with ya.:Thumbs:
Jack Lambert Wrote:My top 5 Highlands Boyle Bell Ft.campbell St.X

Can't go wrong with those five.:Thumbs:
Freakish, intimidating, crushing, smothering, in your face, bone crushing, Highland Bluebirds without comparison.......And you can't mention the D without the brains behind it all, Brian Weinrich. Simply the best.
Lawrence is only giving up an average of 12.5 points per game and 2 shutouts and almost had 4 if jv hadnt let the other team score late.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Lawrence is only giving up an average of 12.5 points per game and 2 shutouts and almost had 4 if jv hadnt let the other team score late.

The next two weeks will exploit the LC defense. If there is a week after this one for them.
Bell county
Highlands is my pick as the best defense in the state.

Not to take anything away from any of the other teams around the state, but I doubt very seriously anyone else would have the same stats they do playing Highlands schedule.

To hold Cincy St. X to 0 points until 22 seconds lefr in the game speaks volumes to how good Highlands defense really is. Scary thing is, they could actually be even better if they'd play Bardo and AC both ways.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Highlands is my pick as the best defense in the state.

Not to take anything away from any of the other teams around the state, but I doubt very seriously anyone else would have the same stats they do playing Highlands schedule.

To hold Cincy St. X to 0 points until 22 seconds lefr in the game speaks volumes to how good Highlands defense really is. Scary thing is, they could actually be even better if they'd play Bardo and AC both ways.

I would agree. I think Highlands has proven to be the best defense on the field. Others of note would be the aforementioned Boyle, Bell, Ft. Campbell.
Bell Co does have a great defense. The stats are misleading with Alcoa a Top 50 team in the Nation scoring 42 points on us in the very first game of the year.
Bell Co against instate teams is only giving up 7.3 ppg. Bell has recovered 6 fumbles and picked off 8 Int's.
I agree with the majority on this. Top 5 mentioned is hard to argue against.
With Highlands schedule you would have to put them at the top of the list.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Highlands is my pick as the best defense in the state.

:popcorn::rockon:
Didn't Buten start last year at corner, too? How many teams can lose a couple of all-state performers, most their linebackers and all of the secondary and put up the defensive numbers this team did??/ OUTSTANDING coaching and grooming by Weinrich and the JV coaches!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Bell county

I agree
Beechwood's defense when they are ready to play is one of the best. They were big in the past, this year they do not have as much power, but they are extremly fast. its amazing how coach rash has these players in such good shape. They have players going both ways the whole game.
Boyle....hands down.
Lawrence County's defense is right up there.
I watched some of Highland on you tube.....wow
Bell Co. the best I've seen. Rockcastle 2nd, Knox 3rd Lawrence 4th. Remember I said the best I've seen.