Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dixie Heights @ Highlands 11/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Predictions/Thoughts?
I'll take Highlands by 3 touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
Dixie Heights is tough and has played very well, but the Bluebirds should win this one handily.

Good luck to both!
It will be "The night they drove ole Dixie down". Highlands by 28
Don't really know what has changed since the last time these teams met other than the Birds Sophomore QB has more experience and Bardo will be back there with Collinsworth. Highlands wins this game comfortably.
There will be alot of emotion in this game. Hopefully Dixie will put an end to the personal foul calls this coming week. Look for Dixie to rely heavy on the pass. They were effective against Highlands when they passed or ran the keeper. The rushing game is non existent against the Bluebirds. The Dixie QB will take over this game.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:There will be alot of emotion in this game. Hopefully Dixie will put an end to the personal foul calls this coming week. Look for Dixie to rely heavy on the pass. They were effective against Highlands when they passed or ran the keeper. The rushing game is non existent against the Bluebirds. The Dixie QB will take over this game.

I highly doubt the Dixie QB takes over anything against the stingy Bird Defense. With AC and BArdo in the backfield it is going to get ugly....nobody on Dixie's defense has near the speed that AC and Bardo have and then throw in there Fennell and Streeter.

Birds 40
Colonels 7
qryche11 Wrote:I highly doubt the Dixie QB takes over anything against the stingy Bird Defense. With AC and BArdo in the backfield it is going to get ugly....nobody on Dixie's defense has near the speed that AC and Bardo have and then throw in there Fennell and Streeter.

Birds 40
Colonels 7

Yes, 2 backs=2 arms=lots o' loose balls...... Can I get a double verification?
Highlands by 2 touchdown, but I like Dixie and how good they are getting.
Collinsworth and Bardo will have 300+ yards rushing (In the First Half)! Dixie cannot stop the Birds rushing attack.
Highlands by a bunch.
Highlands should win this handily but I don't overlook anyone if I'm the Birds. I know you crushed this team earlier in the season but all I have to say is remember Bryan Station from last year and focus on each game one at a time until you finally arrive in Bowling Green...
Highlands will roll the Colonels once again. Over the past two years they've outscored Dixie 107-37.

With Towles having more experience in this game and Bardo being in the lineup, I just really can't see Dixie stopping the Bluebird offense. I think Dixie gets a late touchdown to make the final:

Highlands 49
Dixie 10
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Highlands should win this handily but I don't overlook anyone if I'm the Birds. I know you crushed this team earlier in the season but all I have to say is remember Bryan Station from last year and focus on each game one at a time until you finally arrive in Bowling Green...

Dixie is no Bryan Station! BS had an excellent team, and if they had a better coaching staff,could/should of beat Highlands. BS is still making alot of noise in 6A this year.
Wrong. BS was the first game that Dale swapped out Oliver Head for Josh Connor full time and he subsequently fumbled twice which stalled the offensive drives. Highlands would have beaten BS handily if it weren't for the offensive switcheroo's that Dale was responsible for. They dodged a bullet not once but twice going with Connor the rest of the season cuz his fumbles almost cost them State as well.
Highlands names it in this one. Good luck to both teams.
sstack Wrote:Dixie is no Bryan Station! BS had an excellent team, and if they had a better coaching staff,could/should of beat Highlands. BS is still making alot of noise in 6A this year.

whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Wrong. BS was the first game that Dale swapped out Oliver Head for Josh Connor full time and he subsequently fumbled twice which stalled the offensive drives. Highlands would have beaten BS handily if it weren't for the offensive switcheroo's that Dale was responsible for. They dodged a bullet not once but twice going with Connor the rest of the season cuz his fumbles almost cost them State as well.

While I agree with both of you, what I'm trying to get across is that Highlands should not look past anybody regardless of how inferior they may be to themselves. Although I'm very sure Dale, as well as the rest of the coaching staff, won't let that happen and will have the Bluebirds focused and ready for the next few fridays on up to Bowling Green and the 5A State Championship.
Last time they played Highlands won 52-9. I really don't see why there would be much of a difference in this one.

Highlands-49
Dixie Heights-10
BaseballIsLife Wrote:While I agree with both of you, what I'm trying to get across is that Highlands should not look past anybody regardless of how inferior they may be to themselves. Although I'm very sure Dale, as well as the rest of the coaching staff, won't let that happen and will have the Bluebirds focused and ready for the next few fridays on up to Bowling Green and the 5A State Championship.

Let's not lay the BS game on the table of Josh Connor. TEAM game and a TEAM victory. BS was talented and had IMMENSE size. Birds didn't play their best but showed great intestinal fortitude down the stretch by overcoming some bad penalties and delivering a great CLUTCH win against a very worthy opponent. 2007 got tested and passed...2008 got tested and passed...I really don't see a test for this team in the playoffs. Go Birds...bring back #19!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Last time they played Highlands won 52-9. I really don't see why there would be much of a difference in this one.

Highlands-49
Dixie Heights-10

The thing that worries me a bit is that Dixie has always had so much talent. Throughout this entire year, most posters in the know about Dixie constantly scratched their heads and wondered why Dixie under-performed and did not play up to their potential.

Based on the belief that Ashland is a decent team, Dixie had to finally play up to their potential last week. If they do that this week (and they did not do it during the regular season in my opinion) the game could be much closer this time.
Dixie will need to onside kick, run counters and reverses, fake punts, halfback passes, lonesome polecat, fumble-rooski, and every other trick in the book to stay close. If they try to play straight up with Highlands it'll be over before the parents are in the seats!
The key for Highlands is to get up on Dixie early. They did that against the Colonels in the first go around and it really got Dixie out of it and shot their confidence down big time.

Dixie is a team that thrices on confidence. Take that away early and Highlands should cruise.
charlie22 Wrote:The thing that worries me a bit is that Dixie has always had so much talent. Throughout this entire year, most posters in the know about Dixie constantly scratched their heads and wondered why Dixie under-performed and did not play up to their potential.

Based on the belief that Ashland is a decent team, Dixie had to finally play up to their potential last week. If they do that this week (and they did not do it during the regular season in my opinion) the game could be much closer this time.

Yes, that is true based on that. I would love to see Dixie give Highlands a good fight but i just dont see that happening. They did play a great game against Ashland but Highlands is gonna be a totally different story and im sure you're well aware of that. One thing that Highlands has done to most teams this years is to get a big lead early in the game and right now i think they'll most likely do the same thing to Dixie Heights but i would love to be proved wrong.
charlie22 Wrote:The thing that worries me a bit is that Dixie has always had so much talent. Throughout this entire year, most posters in the know about Dixie constantly scratched their heads and wondered why Dixie under-performed and did not play up to their potential.

Dixie is the same team they were all season. Nothing's changed including the result this coming friday in Ft. Thomas. Birds 60 Dixie 14.
leecoukfan Wrote:Yes, that is true based on that. I would love to see Dixie give Highlands a good fight but i just dont see that happening. They did play a great game against Ashland but Highlands is gonna be a totally different story and im sure you're well aware of that. One thing that Highlands has done to most teams this years is to get a big lead early in the game and right now i think they'll most likely do the same thing to Dixie Heights but i would love to be proved wrong.

Dixie might give HHS the best fight in the entire playoff run, but that's not saying too much with this Birds team. A tough fight will still be a 30+ point loss.
Bottom line is when you look at how Dixie underachieves each year you have to wonder if coach Spritzky is the right guy for that job. They have talent with the big offensive line, Klei,Wilson,Pike,etc but for some reason they lose games they shouldn't. With that said thoug they did travel to Ashland and put a whoopin on a good team. I just don't see how they are going to stop the Birds. Does anyone see this as a close game?
qryche11 Wrote:Bottom line is when you look at how Dixie underachieves each year you have to wonder if coach Spritzky is the right guy for that job. They have talent with the big offensive line, Klei,Wilson,Pike,etc but for some reason they lose games they shouldn't. With that said thoug they did travel to Ashland and put a whoopin on a good team. I just don't see how they are going to stop the Birds. Does anyone see this as a close game?

To answer your question, NO. The last time the two teams played Highlands was coming off one of the biggest victories in school history. They had to start a sophomore at QB and their starting QB was on the sideline injuried.
The team is focused, it's the start of a new season with it being the playoffs.
The teams QB has 5 varsity games under his belt and has been doing a good job, really impressive for a sophomore. And you have Bardo back to be used however Dale decides to use him. Why would anyone think this game is going to be closer than the first one??? The last game Bardo touched the ball 4 times, ran for two TD's and caught a screen pass for another TD.
pigskin Wrote:To answer your question, NO. The last time the two teams played Highlands was coming off one of the biggest victories in school history. They had to start a sophomore at QB and their starting QB was on the sideline injuried.
The team is focused, it's the start of a new season with it being the playoffs.

The teams QB has 5 varsity games under his belt and has been doing a good job, really impressive for a sophomore. And you have Bardo back to be used however Dale decides to use him. Why would anyone think this game is going to be closer than the first one???

You hit the nail on the head. The only difference in this game from the last is the addition of Bardo. I highly doubt his presence is going to hurt the "Birds".:biggrin: Highlands could put up 60 this week. Collinsworth has not missed a step since the Covington Catholic game.
I like the way pigs feet thinks.....
Hummmmmmmm. Highlands
Pages: 1 2