Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central 60 Pineville 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pineville played them tough through the first 3 quarters! It was 30-27 AC, then Pineville was just too tired to play the 4th quarter. Great game Allen Central!! This was really a big statement game for the Rebels first playoff win at home!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Pineville played them tough through the first 3 quarters! It was 30-27 AC, then Pineville was just too tired to play the 4th quarter. Great game Allen Central!! This was really a big statement game for the Raiders first playoff win at home!!

How about the "REBELS"...how many rushing yards did AC finish with???
AC had 488 rushing yards in this game!! :notworthy
leecoukfan Wrote:Pineville played them tough through the first 3 quarters! It was 30-27 AC, then Pineville was just too tired to play the 4th quarter. Great game Allen Central!! This was really a big statement game for the Raiders first playoff win at home!!

ha you mean Rebels, the Raiders are South Floyd, and they hate each other, but yes congrats AC on the first playoff W, hope you can make a second one next week
Brian Milam Wrote:How about the "REBELS"...how many rushing yards did AC finish with???

548 yards on the ground for Allen Central. What the radio said.
leecoukfan Wrote:AC had 488 rushing yards in this game!! :notworthy

488 was between the big 3. the jv back had 60
Wasn't counting JV in that but i forgot to mention that in the post.
Congrats AC
Congrats AC good luck against hazard
It wasn't just AC's first home playoff win, it was the first home playoff win for a Floyd Co. team EVER outside of city limits of Prestonsburg.

Congratulations, REBELS !!! You got something in the books that will last forever...

:Clap: :1:
Congrats on the win Rebels. Keep the faith boys and keep believing. Your TRUE BLUE BELIEVERS are behind you.
oneijoe Wrote:It wasn't just AC's first home playoff win, it was the first home playoff win for a Floyd Co. team EVER outside of city limits of Prestonsburg.

Congratulations, REBELS !!! You got something in the books that will last forever...

:Clap: :1:

This senior class has set a lot firsts for the Rebels. I know at least 3 Seniors have now started in 43 consecutive varsity games, a record at AC. If they all stay healthy and injury free they can make it 44 next week. As juniors they set the mark for the most wins(7-3)- a record they have passed this season (10-1). They have now hosted their first ever play off game and also won their first ever play off game. This Senior class and their teammates have worked hard to turn things around at AC. Let's keep it going boys-keep building on what you've started.
Congrats AC..... Glad to see the Floyd Co. teams doing good.....
I was expecting this game to be closer than what it was. It looked like a shootout early on with the score 16-14 after one quarter. But like someone mentioned in an earlier post, Allen Central physically beat up on Pineville. The passing game was very effective in the first half for the Mountain Lions and it didn't look like Allen Central was making many adjustments, but their defense stepped up big time in the second half. They made some mental mistakes as far as penalties and had some turnovers that they will have to eliminate against Hazard, but it was a great game for the Rebels. Congrats, guys! Good luck against the Bulldogs next week! Pineville...great season! You all should be proud!
Congrats AC. keep rolling
The only thing that i couldn't understand in this game is why AC was passing so much! Is there anyone that can maybe explain that to me? Because if AC had kept passing, Pineville would have kept intercepting and most likely would have won the game. But, obviously AC's coach took the hint and went back to their bread and butter after Pineville got three INTs.
leecoukfan Wrote:The only thing that i couldn't understand in this game is why AC was passing so much! Is there anyone that can maybe explain that to me? Because if AC had kept passing, Pineville would have kept intercepting and most likely would have won the game. But, obviously AC's coach took the hint and went back to their bread and butter after Pineville got three INTs.

Most of Allen Centrals passing attempts came in 3rd and long or 4th and long situations. With the lack of a consitent punting game, it really doesn't hurt Allen Central to throw the ball 25 or 30 yards downfield and have it intercepted. It's really the smartest thing to do because it gives you a chance to complete for a 1st down. If the ball is intercepted that is about what they would gain in punting the ball. On most of those 3rd and long/4th and long situations, it was a penalty that backed them up. I agree on the fact that AC has to stick with the running game as their bread and butter, but those int's really didn't hurt them considering the down and distance...and what was gained by the interception.
Yeah that makes good sense but to me it just seems that if it had been a better team like Hazard that they were playin last night they would have lost. But, thats just my opinion.
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah that makes good sense but to me it just seems that if it had been a better team like Hazard that they were playin last night they would have lost. But, thats just my opinion.

Your opinion is probably right...if they would have been playing Hazard last night they would have probably lost the game. The kicking game and the amount of field postion that is lost by AC in the kicking game is going to, in my opinion, eventually end their season. You just can't give a team like Hazard good field position by throwing interceptions and not punting the ball 40 to 50 yards downfield.
ericfdx Wrote:Your opinion is probably right...if they would have been playing Hazard last night they would have probably lost the game. The kicking game and the amount of field postion that is lost by AC in the kicking game is going to, in my opinion, eventually end their season. You just can't give a team like Hazard good field position by throwing interceptions and not punting the ball 40 to 50 yards downfield.

Exactly :Thumbs:
the watcher Wrote:ha you mean Rebels, the Raiders are South Floyd, and they hate each other, but yes congrats AC on the first playoff W, hope you can make a second one next week

Congrats AC very proud of you guys. I would not say they hate each other, maybe dislike when playing each other, but from what i have seen and heard from the 2, when the left and right beaver "creekers" play someone else they seem to stick together. A lot of the kids from both schools are friends and stand behind each other. I know the Raiders are cheering for the Rebels.