Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 62 Scott 41
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final... congrats Eagles!
All I have to say is that Johnson Central better shape up quickly or they could be in for a long night potentially against Covington Catholic next week. There is no excuse for allowing the #4 seed of another district to put up 41 against you.
good game jc better get things fixed on defense, but according to another thread u have already been counted out against cov cath......good luck rest of season
I know some of you don't like listening to Wacko, but da proof is in da puddin'. Cov. Cath/JC will be a great game with the Colonels going to their beloved Ft. Thomas, Ky. :eyeroll:
Defense anyone?
BaseballIsLife Wrote:All I have to say is that Johnson Central better shape up quickly or they could be in for a long night potentially against Covington Catholic next week. There is no excuse for allowing the #4 seed of another district to put up 41 against you.

Great post! JC scored at will and got up early then got there heads out of the game. JC was not ready for this game and had overlooked Scott. This will not happen against Cov Cath, Matney will have them ready. The Cov Cath will be a great game.
This was actually closer than what i thought it would be and really what it should have been. Scott is usually a team that gets beat like 49-7. What happened in this game? But still CONGRATS Johnson Central!!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:All I have to say is that Johnson Central better shape up quickly or they could be in for a long night potentially against Covington Catholic next week. There is no excuse for allowing the #4 seed of another district to put up 41 against you.
That is one take on the game. Another would be that JC jumped out to a 21-0 lead, extended it to 41-14 at the half, 48-14 less than two minutes into the second half and then coasted to the win.
leecoukfan Wrote:This was actually closer than what i thought it would be and really what it should have been. Scott is usually a team that gets beat like 49-7. What happened in this game? But still CONGRATS Johnson Central!!

I think this game speaks volumes to the level of competition that Scott has to compete against in Northern Kentucky...
MonsterMan Wrote:Great post! JC scored at will and got up early then got there heads out of the game. JC was not ready for this game and had overlooked Scott. This will not happen against Cov Cath, Matney will have them ready. The Cov Cath will be a great game.

:Thumbs:
How in the world did Scott score 41? JC scored a lot, but to give up 41 to a team who struggles offensively????
Good Job Eagles.
Stats? Sounds to me like JC might have let down at the half hopefully it wont happen next week.
Stardust Wrote:How in the world did Scott score 41? JC scored a lot, but to give up 41 to a team who struggles offensively????

I can not remember any time in the last 20 years when Scott has put 41 on the board! Does not look good for JC in round two.
Denfensive struggle tonight? lol i heard some stats on the radio coming home. Was it Dillon that had 200+ yards on 8 carries?
sstack Wrote:I can not remember any time in the last 20 years when Scott has put 41 on the board! Does not look good for JC in round two.

It usually takes The Eagles 3 games to total that.....
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That is one take on the game. Another would be that JC jumped out to a 21-0 lead, extended it to 41-14 at the half, 48-14 less than two minutes into the second half and then coasted to the win.

Coasting to the win? With Scott scoring as they constantly did in the 2nd half to keep the pressue on Johnson Central, this came was anything but coasting. This game was/should be a reality check for Johnson Central and they must realize that.
JC did coast in this game but they came out of the half with their heads up their butts.
sstack Wrote:I can not remember any time in the last 20 years when Scott has put 41 on the board! Does not look good for JC in round two.

2008 Scott put 53 on Walton-Verona, 47 on Ludlow, 69 on Henry County. 2007 they put 41 on the board in a loss to Anderson County, 42 on Henry Co. 2002 they put 56 against Grant County, 53 against Bourbon County in thier first playoff game ever, and in 1998 they put 43 against Owen Co.
Death Wrote:2008 Scott put 53 on Walton-Verona, 47 on Ludlow, 69 on Henry County. 2007 they put 41 on the board in a loss to Anderson County, 42 on Henry Co. 2002 they put 56 against Grant County, 53 against Bourbon County in thier first playoff game ever, and in 1998 they put 43 against Owen Co.

To be honest though, how many of those teams are in the same classification as Scott?

For Scott to put up 41 on a #1 seed in the same classification as they are is a major accomplishment for them.
Not to mention they put 41 points up against Bellevue earlier this year.
2002 game against Bourbon Co. they were a #1 seed and Scott was the #4. Bourbon was the #1 rushing team in the state that year and they went in there and put 53 on against them in thier first playoff game ever and won the game. Only to get handed a loss against the Bluebirds the next week.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:To be honest though, how many of those teams are in the same classification as Scott?

For Scott to put up 41 on a #1 seed in the same classification as they are is a major accomplishment for them.

And I was just letting the poster know that Scott has but 41 or more up in the past 20 years, they said they didnt recall them ever doing it.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Coasting to the win? With Scott scoring as they constantly did in the 2nd half to keep the pressue on Johnson Central, this came was anything but coasting. This game was/should be a reality check for Johnson Central and they must realize that.
What pressure? JC's lead was never less than 21 and they scored pretty much at will throughout the game. The only reason that Scott closed the gap to 21 was a couple of second half fumbles by the Golden Eagles. Scott's defense was a sieve.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:What pressure? JC's lead was never less than 21 and they scored pretty much at will throughout the game. The only reason that Scott closed the gap to 21 was a couple of second half fumbles by the Golden Eagles. Scott's defense was a sieve.

The same can be said for Johnson Central's defense.
nice win jc
congrats to jc
BaseballIsLife Wrote:Coasting to the win? With Scott scoring as they constantly did in the 2nd half to keep the pressue on Johnson Central, this came was anything but coasting. This game was/should be a reality check for Johnson Central and they must realize that.

That is exactly what it is called when you score almost 50 points and run around 15 plays!! :Thumbs:Yes the defense allowed points but I think the game plan was not to get anyone hurt at that time! I noticed that Matney started subbing often in the second quarter on defense. I didn't like the final score because it was very misleading to how one sided it really was! On another note, Sowards is a very good player. Without him it probably would have been 62-0!
BaseballIsLife Wrote:I think this game speaks volumes to the level of competition that Scott has to compete against in Northern Kentucky...
I think it speaks more on how great Zach Sowder is and how he will be missed by Scott
another moral victory in defeat for Scott? Think I've hear that one before:popcorn:
Pages: 1 2