Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 60 Montgomery Co. 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final... Congrats Bluebirds!
It was another Scott game with different uniforms. Towles gets nervous when pressured and forces passes. There were alot of open receivers but Towles seemed too worried about a possible sack. If he relaxed more in the pocket, his connect percentage would increase dramatically. Again, no AC. Bardo is a special athlete. He makes it look easy. If Towles ever went down, I would go with Donovan Mccoy. Looks like a rematch with Dixie and then on to rematch #2 with Covington Catholic. I would keep Austin out for the next 2 games. They don't need him. It's nice to see Bardo filling in as well. Highlands played at their level of competition tonight and it showed at times. Towles showed excellent scrambling skills and a strong arm. Games will get alot tougher after Cov. Cath. for the Birds.....
With Bardo, they can still rn an option/draw??? Did they run Bardo out of the QB spot?
Class 5A
Montgomery Co. 0 0 0 13 13

Highlands 28 13 13 6 60

Scoring summary:
H--Fennell 12 run (Weiner kick); H--Fennell 5 run (Weiner kick); H--Gold 26 pass from Towles (Weiner kick); H--Bardo 2 run (Weiner kick); H--Bardo 43 run (Weiner kick); H--Bardo 36 pass from Towles (kick failed); H--True 27 run (kick failed); H--Sheehan fumble recovery in end zone (new kick); H--True 15 run (kick failed); MC--Richardson 78 run (kick failed); MC--Lockridge 30 pass from Tuttle (Evans kick).
Records: Highlands 11-0, Montgomery Co. 3-8.

Kentucky.com
Towles was 6-12 for 133 yards. As far as Mccoy goes he's thrown three picks in the last week when playing up. If Towles goes down I assure you Ty Siedel will be quarterbacking.
^ Has Ty gotten many snaps this year?
Highlands remains unbeaten after a first-round 5A state playoff win over visitor Montgomery County. Highlands (11-0) jumped out to a 28-0 first quarter lead and that would be all the Bluebirds needed.

Highlands senior running backs Tyler Fennel and Will Bardo each rushed for two touchdowns, and combined for over 110 yards rushing.
Sophomore quarterback Patrick Towles was 6-of-12 passing for 133 yards and two touchdowns.

Highlands got its starters some rest as they played just the first half.
No. 1 Highlands 60, No. 4 Montgomery Co. 13
Montgomery Co. 0 0 0 13 --13
Highlands 28 13 13 6 --60

H–Fennell 12 run (Weinel kick)
H–Fennell 5 run (Weinel kick)
H–Gold 26 pass from Towles (Weinel kick)
H–Bardo 2 run (Weinel kick)
H–Bardo 43 run (Weinel kick)
H–Bardo 36 pass from Towles (kick failed)
H–True 27 run (kick failed)
H–Sheehan fumble recovery (kick failed)
H–True 15 run (kick failed)
M–Richardson 78 run (kick failed)
M–Lockridge 30 pass from Tuttle (Evans kick)
Records: M 3-8, H 11-0
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Final... Congrats Bluebirds!

:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:
And the Bluebirds just keep on Flying (rolling). Just don't see anybody giving you guy a game this year. Didn't see the Collinsworth name in the box score, is he hurt or what?
TrueRebel88 Wrote:And the Bluebirds just keep on Flying (rolling). Just don't see anybody giving you guy a game this year. Didn't see the Collinsworth name in the box score, is he hurt or what?

hurt his hand, he has been out the last 2 or 3 games, but will be back sometime in the playoffs. He will not be needed next week, so you might see him get another week of rest.
sstack Wrote:hurt his hand, he has been out the last 2 or 3 games, but will be back sometime in the playoffs. He will not be needed next week, so you might see him get another week of rest.

Thanks for the info.:Thumbs:.
Highlands continues to roll. Their offense hasn't missed a beat without AC. Bardo is a very special player and will carry the Birds to #19.

One down, four to go. Stay focused boys.
I think you will probably see AC get some action this week although limited. I was informed he was only going to sit out the final regular season and 1st round playoff and he technically could have played in those but he stayed out for precautionary reasons. I cant see him standing on the sidelines another week if he doesnt have to.
I just wanna say Congrats to Montgomery Co for being able to put 13 points up on the board against the Bluebirds.
leecoukfan Wrote:I just wanna say Congrats to Montgomery Co for being able to put 13 points up on the board against the Bluebirds.

Yes, they looked good on offense with HHS sophs and freshmen on the field. I have never seen that many freshmen play in a game for HHS as long as I have been playing or going to their games. The future continues to look bright.
leecoukfan Wrote:I just wanna say Congrats to Montgomery Co for being able to put 13 points up on the board against the Bluebirds.

The best to Montgomery Co. and to the seniors that have worked hard and played good football for the past four years. All the best for your futures and always remember your football friendships and memories.
tradition Wrote:The best to Montgomery Co. and to the seniors that have worked hard and played good football for the past four years. All the best for your futures and always remember your football friendships and memories.

Friendships and memories are the best part of High School football, the kids will find that out down the road in a few years.
qryche11 Wrote:I think you will probably see AC get some action this week although limited. I was informed he was only going to sit out the final regular season and 1st round playoff and he technically could have played in those but he stayed out for precautionary reasons. I cant see him standing on the sidelines another week if he doesnt have to.

He had a cast on friday night. He's had trouble holding onto the ball w/o a cast. What's going to happen when he carries it with that?
[quote=whackem'n'stackem']He had a cast on friday night. He's had trouble holding onto the ball w/o a cast. What's going to happen when he carries it with that?[/QUOTE]

Don't you spend a second of time worrying about that. :biggrin:
[quote=charlie22][quote=whackem'n'stackem']He had a cast on friday night. He's had trouble holding onto the ball w/o a cast. What's going to happen when he carries it with that?[/QUOTE]

Don't you spend a second of time worrying about that. :biggrin:[/QUO

Couldn't resist that carrot, eh? :moon:All I can say is, LOAD UP ON THE STICKEM'....
good job highlands keep representing the bluegrass well
Don't be in a hurry to rush young Donovan McCoy. He's going to be a great player for the Birds...in a few years. Carter New and Ty Seidle are both capable QB's BUT if Towles goes down (Lord forbid!) look for the return of Bardo and the "dirty bird" offense!!