Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Most Dangerous Teams Entering Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who are some of the most dangerous teams going into the playoffs that no one is expecting to make noise?
IMO, watch out for Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark, and Breathitt County.
Pikeville will run through and possibly have a shot a state
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Pikeville will run through and possibly have a shot a state

Pikeville has a decent 1A team, but I don't even think they can get past Hazard, let alone Raceland or LCA.
1A: Hazard, Raceland

2A: Newport Central Catholic, Shelby Valley

3A: Breathitt County, Sheldon Clark

4A: Marion County, Lexington Catholic

5A: Owensboro, Warren Central

6A: DuPont Manual, Shelby County, Ballard
come on no faith nahh you are probably right but it would be cool though they would get a movie and everything
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:come on no faith nahh you are probably right but it would be cool though they would get a movie and everything

:what:
Hay Middlesboro Alumni if Pikeville makes it to state and whether they win or lose shouldnt they get a movie
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Hay Middlesboro Alumni if Pikeville makes it to state and whether they win or lose shouldnt they get a movie

Did you forget to med yourself this morning?
1A. Its LCA's to lose.
2A. The winner of the possible SV/P-burg game will be in the state Championship.
3A. Brethitt, Central, Belfry, Pike Central, Sheldon Clark well pretty much all of 3A.
4A. Boyle, Bell, Lawrence(big sleeper)
5A. Highlands same as LCA.
6A. ST. X will win it, mabey Ballard or Shelby Co. could but its unlikely

My predictions for the champions.

1A-LCA
2A-FT. Campbell
3A-Someone from EKY will upset Central.
4A-Bell
5A-Highlands
6A-X
I think that Shelby Valley could be the dark horse in class 2A. I look for them to make it to the region championship game vs Pburg.
In recent years, no one in Kentucky can beat X except T or, possibly, FTH. T is down this year and FTH will be waltzing through 5-A. Result: X will be champion thus keeping the title in 6-A in the hands of one of the "Big Two".
I'm hearing that LCAs QB is out until the semifinals. If this is true, it takes away that double threat offense LCA has. Teams can load the box and stop Hayden!
I think Simon Kenton may make some noise in 6A.
tradition Wrote:I think Simon Kenton may make some noise in 6A.

SK would meet St. X in the region championship if they advance that far.

If the Neers can get past that game (tall order) I think they bring home the 6A crown.
I like Holmes in 4a but it'd be really tough for them to advance deep in the playoffs considering they'd have to beat Lexcath in the second round and then win at Boyle Co in the third round.
Lawrence County I think they could take Bell County if bell co doesn't show up.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Lawrence County I think they could take Bell County if bell co doesn't show up.

That's a pretty big IF. But I also think the same about Raceland/LCA in the Regional championship. Be nice if both teams pulled it off!TongueirateSho:Thumbs:
Ram Fan04 Wrote:That's a pretty big IF. But I also think the same about Raceland/LCA in the Regional championship. Be nice if both teams pulled it off!TongueirateSho:Thumbs:
We can hope lol.
definitely Highlands
2a is already done. Sir Antonio will hold court after his FC clinic.
Tica Wrote:2a is already done. Sir Antonio will hold court after his FC clinic.

As much as I hate to, I cannot help but to agree with you.
I don't think Highlands is much of a suprise.
Union County 3A
Whitley Co is the past two or three weeks have been clicking on all cylinders and they are getting it together at the right time.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Pikeville will run through and possibly have a shot a state

Did I miss something? Do Hackney and DeRamus have some eligibility left? Pikeville will win their first two games and then get beat by Hazard.
Teams to watch: (Sleeper teams)

1.Sheldon Clark
This team is very under rated. They played Lawrence County and Prestonsburg tough. They weren't 100% against Belfry and Pike Central. I wouldn't look much into those loses. Sheldon Clark has a respectable passing game, along with some good running backs in Slone and Ray. Rushing defense has some holes. To get past Belfry, they'll need to find a way to contain the Pirates.

2.Shelby Valley
Very good rushing attack led by BJ Roberts. Dillon Hughes is also capable of making the big play. Tackett does a great job leading the defense and blocking for Roberts and Hughes. The only issue I see is lack of quality depth. Valley can play with anyone for a half, but can they play an entire game against a good deep team? This will determine their fate in my opinion.

3.Lawrence County
Everyone knows the Bulldogs are undefeated but a lot of people still don't believe the Bulldogs are legit. Trust me, Lawrence County is for real this year. Lawrence County has a very good rushing attack led by Shane Pack. Along Pack they have Freshman stud Caleb Bentley and a gritty Junior in Hunter James. The offensive line provides a nice push for the Bulldogs. Defensively, they're starting lineup has done a great job. Most points scored on Lawrence County this year have been against the JV, and special teams. The special teams problem was addressed last week against Tolsia, so I don't they they'll have an issue with that anymore.
I think Lawrence in 4A is the sleeper, people from Region 7 for some reason and respectfully think that the region is better and it may be, but LC is the real deal on both sides of the ball.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I think Lawrence in 4A is the sleeper, people from Region 7 for some reason and respectfully think that the region is better and it may be, but LC is the real deal on both sides of the ball.

Don’t get me wrong I love my Dawgs, but them as a sleeper team I do not see. It’s apparent that they have turned things around and I think everyone knows it. It’s Rowan Co. that will surprise some people in the playoffs and that is what makes a sleeper team.

TongueoliceLig
bucslover68 Wrote:Did I miss something? Do Hackney and DeRamus have some eligibility left? Pikeville will win their first two games and then get beat by Hazard.

Yes you are missing a few things. Hazard just lost to a team that had lost 5 in a row (Clay Co.) and gave up 470 yards in the process, including 339 on the ground. Any decent Pikeville team of the past would rout this Hazard team, without anyone 1/10 as good as Hackney and Deramus. Having said that, the winner of the Pikeville/Hazard game can't beat LCA. And Raceland has already lost 40-0 to LCA so they are out of the conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3