Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East or West? Who has more legitimate Contenders?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I counted up the possible contenders from all classes to compare Western KY football to Eastern KY football. I came up with 9 from each. Who do you think is better. (and yes we know St. X and Highlands is great and going to win. Please keep it to East vs. West)

West

Mayfield, Murray, Ft. Campbell, Union County, Lone Oak, Allen Co Scottsville, Christian Co., Bowling Green, Warren Central

East

Prestonsburg, Corbin, Somerset, Belfry, Mason Co, Breathitt Co, Bell Co, Johnson Central, Pulaski County
As a Western Kentucky guy, geographically speaking, I think you can scratch Warren Central and Union Co from the list. They don't have a legitimate shot. The rest you named can make a run. Unfortunately, a couple of them will beat each other out - like Murray and Ft Campbell or Christian and Bowling Green.

Only omission to the list is Owensboro.
Owensboro is worthy of the list
EJJAGS Wrote:I counted up the possible contenders from all classes to compare Western KY football to Eastern KY football. I came up with 9 from each. Who do you think is better. (and yes we know St. X and Highlands is great and going to win. Please keep it to East vs. West)

West

Mayfield, Murray, Ft. Campbell, Union County, Lone Oak, Allen Co Scottsville, Christian Co., Bowling Green, Warren Central

East

Prestonsburg, Corbin, Somerset, Belfry, Mason Co, Breathitt Co, Bell Co, Johnson Central, Pulaski County

I am an EKY person and know more about EKY football, imo what is down for th West ky teams looks pretty solid. But i do have a few suggestions that i would put in for the eky teams.
Add Hazard to the list, i think if they step it up for the playoffs and play like i know they can, that they can be legitimate contenders.
I think Lawrence Co. is a contender but they're most likely gonna get beat by Bell Co.
Letcher Co. Central imo has the best shot for a 5A school and Johnson Central is like a totally different team so imo at this point you have to treat them like an undefeated team.
I had to omit Breathitt Co. and Pulaski Co. because they're really good teams but i don't see either winning, i see multiple games including the 1st rd where they could get beat. But imo there are 10 contenders from EKY

My East:
Hazard, Prestonsburg, Corbin, Somerset, Belfry, Mason Co., Bell Co., Lawrence Co., Johnson Central, Letcher Co. Central
East is the best bunch of schools in my opinion any of the schools could make a run at state not sure about some of the west teams
Are you talking about eastern and western ky,or the east and west sides of the playoff bracket?if you are talking about the latter then you have left alot of contenders out.
I like the East in this one.
Eastern KY vs. Western KY
As i posted before i think EKY has more contenders than WKY does, i know that im not familiar with west ky football but from what i have heard during the season the list is about right there's maybe 9. The east has 10 solid contenders.
Like several of you all but in reverse, I know more about west than east and also like you all I am biased and think the west is stronger bottom to top this year and most years but I will add that being seperated as they are its hard to know much about the other side.
East would have the most teams with a good shot. but there are 3 or 4 from the west that could win it to
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Like several of you all but in reverse, I know more about west than east and also like you all I am biased and think the west is stronger bottom to top this year and most years but I will add that being seperated as they are its hard to know much about the other side.

Yes, i agree! We can't help but be biased because we know almost everything about the teams where we're located but nothing about teams on the other side of the state.