Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mason County QB out for playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unbeaten Mason County (10-0), rated No. 1 in Class 3A by the Associated Press, will be without junior quarterback Neal Pawsat in the playoffs.

Pawsat suffered a knee injury early in last week’s victory over Greenup County. Royals Coach David Buchanan said Pawsat tore an MCL and will miss the post-season.

Pawsat, considered one of the top junior QBs in the state, threw for 1,427 yards and 16 TDs this year. He also ran for 201 yards and 2 TDs. As a sophomore he passed for 1,740 yards and 16 TDs, and ran for 287 yards and a score.

After Pawsat was hurt last week, senior Colt Fearis took over at QB and led Mason County past Greenup County.

The Royals open the playoffs at home against East Ridge on Friday.

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2009/11/...-playoffs/
Man i hate to hear this for the kid.
whoa, hate to hear this for Mason Co., but without there QB they may very well get beat by PC in the second round if they can't replace him and keep playing like they have, this very well may be the year for PC to make it to region
This is a big blow to Mason County
CardinalAlum Wrote:Man I hate to hear this for the kid.

So do I. He is a great all round athlete. Will be missed on the hardwood too.
This most certainly helps out Somerset, Belfry, Russell, Sheldon Clark, and Breathitt's chances.
I really hate to hear that. I have heard wonderful things about this kid and am really sorry that he has to miss the playoffs. I wish him a speedy recovery and another terrific season next year injury free.
Wow, sorry to hear that. This really shakes things up in 3A.
I was at the game, and was watching a sweep being run and did not see Pawsett get hurt, he was on the ground and in pain, then carried off the field, hope he fully recovers from this injury, for next season.
hate to hear that ,prayers go out to him on healthy recovery
Prayers go out for this young player and his family.
Musketeer Wrote:Prayers go out for this young player and his family.

Kudo's on your post. This is a good kid, comes from a good family. My son is the same age and they have competed against each other in Basketball for years. He has always been classy and well disciplined. He has a bright future ahead of him in any endeavor that he chooses.
Hate to hear this. Good luck to him in rehab. Come back next year and have a great season.:Cheerlead
Hate to hear about the knee injury to Pawsat. Work hard with your rehab and good luck next year. Good luck to Colt and Mason county.
man i hate it when people get hurt get well soon
wow, this is awful. always sad to hear about a player having to sit out a season due to an injury. hopefully he will have a speedy recovery and come back healthy for his senior year