Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Scrimmage Dates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any dates on when some of the 14th Region teams will be playing their scrimmages?
Interested myself!
I believe either the Wed before or the Sat after Thanksgiving there will be a big scrimmage at the Knott County Sportsplex. I believe they will have about 8-10 teams playing for the 3 hours scrimmaging everyone a quarter or half at a time. Should be some great basketball. Need to find out for sure what day it is and what teams will be their. I'll check into it a little more.
KCC plays at Corbin on Nov 21 vs Warren Central. Also a scrimmage on tues the 24 at Knott sportsplex vs Buckhorn, I believe. Should be good scrimmages at Corbin. Knott Co. is loaded!
November 24 is the day where there will be 17 teams at the Knott County Sportsplex. Bunch of boys and girls teams will be there to scrimmage each other for 3 hours. Should be fun to watch a lot of good basketball and get an idea of what everyone has.
Here is the schedule so far for the 24th.
(Tues.) Nov. 24th - Sportplex Times / Pairings

Court # 1 - (Boys)
5:30 Breathitt Co. (White) vs. Cordia (Dark)
7:30 Jenkins (White) vs. Riverside Christian (Dark)

Court # 2 - (Boys)
5:30 Perry Central (White) vs. Jackson County (Dark)
7:30 Letcher Central (White) vs. Buckhorn (Dark)

Court # 3 - (Boys)
5:30 Knott Central (White) vs. South Floyd (Dark)
7:30 TBA (White) vs. TBA (Dark)

Court # 4 - (Girls)
5:30 Knott Central - Magoffin Co. - Breathitt Co.
( 3 hour - 3 way scrimmage )

Court # 5 - (Girls)
5:30 Buckhorn - Owsley Co. - TBA
( 3 hour - 3 way scrimmage )
i forgot the date but some time this month Estill County plays Red Bird and Breathitt County up @ Riverside Christian.
Did they play the games at the Sportsplex last night? How did it go? Who looked good?
Breathitt looked good lead by Nick Noble beating Cordia by about 20
Perry Central was lead by Josh Salyers 15pts and 10 rbs. beating Jackson Co. by about 40 but the team didn't play that well
KCC beat South Floyd pretty easily and Cox's look as if he had put on about 15lbs of muscle, and shot the ball well 16pts with 3 threes.
How did LCC look? Just now getting the football boys so I would assume rusty..Which I believe only a few came out for basketball..
heaven44 Wrote:Breathitt looked good lead by Nick Noble beating Cordia by about 20
Perry Central was lead by Josh Salyers 15pts and 10 rbs. beating Jackson Co. by about 40 but the team didn't play that well
KCC beat South Floyd pretty easily and Cox's look as if he had put on about 15lbs of muscle, and shot the ball well 16pts with 3 threes.

perry central was led by tyler mullins who had 16 points and 10+ rebounds. he is the only player on the team that rebounded the ball well. dustin brewer was second in scoring with 13 points. he brought alot of energry off the bench and showed he deserves some pt this year.

then pcc went back to their gym and had an intersquad scrimmage and there jv team which had, darryl beatty, dustin brewer, jeff smith, axl sizemore, and dillon cornett, beat there starting 5 on varsity, jordan amis, tyler mullins, chris noble, corey martin, and josh salyers.
Thanks Wood Chuck, I was just going by what Raymond said he is the one that kept stats.
wood_chuck Wrote:then pcc went back to their gym and had an intersquad scrimmage and there jv team which had, darryl beatty, dustin brewer, jeff smith, axl sizemore, and dillon cornett, beat there starting 5 on varsity, jordan amis, tyler mullins, chris noble, corey martin, and josh salyers.

You gotta remember that the starters though they didnt play the whole time at the plex Tyler and Chris played almost the whole game which was 40min.
How did Buckhorn look? They played Letcher Central I believe!
wood_chuck Wrote:perry central was led by tyler mullins who had 16 points and 10+ rebounds. he is the only player on the team that rebounded the ball well. dustin brewer was second in scoring with 13 points. he brought alot of energry off the bench and showed he deserves some pt this year.

then pcc went back to their gym and had an intersquad scrimmage and there jv team which had, darryl beatty, dustin brewer, jeff smith, axl sizemore, and dillon cornett, beat there starting 5 on varsity, jordan amis, tyler mullins, chris noble, corey martin, and josh salyers.

The B. Team may have won on a last sec. layup but let's get real you know when the starters were out was when the B Team made their run, when the starters went out they had about a 10 pt. lead and Brewer is a good little player but know let's get real when it come's to major playing time. Amis is one of the top Pt. guards in the region and you can't just take him out so Dustin can get time. His time will come next yr. Dustin, Dillon and Axle will get a few mins. here and there but Hatcher's way of playing the starter's most of the game has work so far in the 2 yrs. he's been there so why change things now. JMO.
heaven44 Wrote:The B. Team may have won on a last sec. layup but let's get real you know when the starters were out was when the B Team made their run, when the starters went out they had about a 10 pt. lead and Brewer is a good little player but know let's get real when it come's to major playing time. Amis is one of the top Pt. guards in the region and you can't just take him out so Dustin can get time. His time will come next yr. Dustin, Dillon and Axle will get a few mins. here and there but Hatcher's way of playing the starter's most of the game has work so far in the 2 yrs. he's been there so why change things now. JMO.

you must have been watching something else at the end of the game. the only time the a team led was at the beginning of the game when they got up 8-2. after the the b team came back and took the lead because of there 3 point shooting. then the b team had about a 6 point lead until they took their starters out and thats when the a team came back and took the lead. dustin, axl, and dalton didnt go back in until 30 seconds left in the game when they were down by 4. most of the a teams starters played the whole game, while the b team subbed very often. and yes his playing the starters has worked, but its also gotten him beat in the region championship the last 2 years. both games hes had to put younger guys in, who have no experience because of them not getting to play any, because of starters in foul trouble.

and just so you know, the b team outscores the a team all the time during practice. they have better chemistry with each other.
Hey Wood Chuck, did you get to watch the game against Clark Co. I agree PCC would be a better team if Hatcher would play more players, but know way could the B. Team play with GRC. I said the same thing last yr. that the B. Team would beat the A. Team in practice but when it comes to game time if a different game. I think Dustin Brewer should get some playing time along with Dillion if he would lose some weight but really that is the only 2 that is really at this time, you could see in the GRC game when Salyers and Martain would go out Axle just couldn't get the job done and Dillion would be okay for about 2 min. then he dead tired, seems like GRC would make a run in the first half and also the second half. But PCC is going to be ok and I agree with you 100% that he does need to give Dustin and Dillion a chance. JMO
There are 4 players that can come off the bench and be productive

#1.Dustin Brewer-Not quite on the same level as Amis due to lack of experience but can be the leader on the floor when needed
#2.Axl Sizemore-Big kid who can hold his own on the court, does'nt have great speed but is strong enough to keep players away from the basket and score when he's needed
#3.Dalton Cornett-Twice the player of his brother already..has some nice post moves
#4.Darryl Beattyl-Probably the quickest player on the team he just needs to learn make the right decisions

And as for everyone talking about Dillion Cornett..He should'nt be on the floor hes a big kid yeah but hes also slow, does'nt go up strong, and has a bad attitude to go along with that ugly fade away he tries to pull off. I would'nt let him start a JV game unless I wanted to get the tip off.
You know King you may be right and I will agree to a certain pt. I would play Dalton before I would play Axle, he is a good kid with a big body but he is no scoring threat he had a wide open layup the other night against GRC passed it back out and throwed it away, I'm talking about Axle. The 2 freshmen could really come tourn. time if they can get a few min. here and there. Dustin is a good kid and a solid player he gives it 100% everytime he's on the floor.
heaven44 Wrote:You know King you may be right and I will agree to a certain pt. I would play Dalton before I would play Axle, he is a good kid with a big body but he is no scoring threat he had a wide open layup the other night against GRC passed it back out and throwed it away, I'm talking about Axle. The 2 freshmen could really come tourn. time if they can get a few min. here and there. Dustin is a good kid and a solid player he gives it 100% everytime he's on the floor.

Of course everyone plays good games and bad games..I've seen games where Axl does really good and days where he can't throw it in the ocean, his real sport is football. I would put him in before Dalton because of experience purpose.
hatcher plays axl because he is probably the smartest player on the team. i agree hes not much of a scoring threat, but he plays because he plays the type of defense they want him to and he usually makes good decisions. if dillon would lose weight and get in shape, i would start him because of his size. dalton is inexperienced right now but will be real good in a few years. dustin is good too, but he is behind one of the top pgs in the region.
Breathitt needs play some good teams now.
[quote=king360]There are 4 players that can come off the bench and be productive

#1.Dustin Brewer-Not quite on the same level as Amis due to lack of experience but can be the leader on the floor when needed
#2.Axl Sizemore-Big kid who can hold his own on the court, does'nt have great speed but is strong enough to keep players away from the basket and score when he's needed
#3.Dalton Cornett-Twice the player of his brother already..has some nice post moves
#4.Darryl Beattyl-Probably the quickest player on the team he just needs to learn make the right decisions

And as for everyone talking about Dillion Cornett..He should'nt be on the floor hes a big kid yeah but hes also slow, does'nt go up strong, and has a bad attitude to go along with that ugly fade away he tries to pull off. I would'nt let him start a JV game unless I wanted to get the tip off.[/QUOTE]

You are getting carried away talking about a high school kid. The above comment shows your maturity. :booo:
goodguy Wrote:[quote=king360]There are 4 players that can come off the bench and be productive

And as for everyone talking about Dillion Cornett..He should'nt be on the floor hes a big kid yeah but hes also slow, does'nt go up strong, and has a bad attitude to go along with that ugly fade away he tries to pull off. I would'nt let him start a JV game unless I wanted to get the tip off.[/QUOTE]

You are getting carried away talking about a high school kid. The above comment shows your maturity. :booo:

The truth hurts..Not saying he is a bad kid, just that basketball is not his sport.
king360 Wrote:[quote=goodguy]

The truth hurts..Not saying he is a bad kid, just that basketball is not his sport.
One of these days you will have kids and you will understand what I'm saying, until then, keep on showing your immaturity.
goodguy Wrote:[quote=king360]
One of these days you will have kids and you will understand what I'm saying, until then, keep on showing your immaturity.

Already got 2 kids bro. Please tell me how im being immature.
After watching the GRC game no way Dillion will start over Salyers. Josh is such a hard worker probably the hardest worker on the team. If he keeps getting 10-12 pts. 8-10 rbs. a game he will probably be the best big man in the 14th. Him and Tyler really play good together and if them 2 can get 16-20 rebounds a game then PCC is really going to be hard to beat. Going into this season the low post was the only concern for PCC but if the GRC game was anything to come in the future then the 14th region is going to be in for a long year.
josh played real well that game. best ive ever seen him play. if he does it every game then it will just make pcc a more dangerous team.
wood_chuck Wrote:hatcher plays axl because he is probably the smartest player on the team. i agree hes not much of a scoring threat, but he plays because he plays the type of defense they want him to and he usually makes good decisions. if dillon would lose weight and get in shape, i would start him because of his size. dalton is inexperienced right now but will be real good in a few years. dustin is good too, but he is behind one of the top pgs in the region.

I agree. Axl makes up for what he lacks in offense with his defense. He's a good player with a good head on his shoulders and knows his way around the game of basketball, but as King360 said, his true sport is football.
I agree Josh did play the best game since he has been a PCC Coach Fugate said me about a month ago that he had put on about 15 lbs of muscle and from what I seen the other night he is alot bigger, he knows how to post up by holding the player on his hip and asking for the ball. One of the Coaches told me that over the summer that Josh and his dad had been working out alot, his dad was a allstate forward back in the early 80's and you sure can tell that someone has been working with him. With Josh and Tyler 6'4 and 6'6 that's good size for the 14th region as Josh is a post player and Tyler is more of a slasher but both rebounds the ball well these 2 could be the best pair of forwards in the region. What do you think.