Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Montgomery County @ Highlands 11/6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First round of the 5A playoffs. Highlands gets a bit of talk on here, but I don't hear much about Montgomery County. Is this a typical first round game, or is Montgomery County waiting to spring a Bryan Station-like trap on the Birds Friday night?
Okay, screwed that up. :HitWall: I tried to do this with a poll, but I forgot to check "YES" after I put in how many choices. Can someone with the power put the poll in here, and make it public? Thanks.
Scott would give Montgomery a run if you know what I mean.....
Can you dig it? Wrote:First round of the 5A playoffs. Highlands gets a bit of talk on here, but I don't hear much about Montgomery County. Is this a typical first round game, or is Montgomery County waiting to spring a Bryan Station-like trap on the Birds Friday night?
I don't think Montgomery even won a district game this season. They were beaten handily by JC and Ashland( by 30). They lost to an average Lloyd team and barely beat Spencer according to the Khsaa. It appears they are going because they are the 4th team in a 4 team district.(another one of those senarios). Looks like on the Khsaa scoreboard Rowan co. handled them the last game as well. To answer your question honestly, There will be no traps sprung in this one. The only trap to be sprung is the giant bear trap Montgomery is going to walk into in the first round. I just saw where Highlands also beat ST.X out of Ohio, My gosh didn't they just beat Moeller? IMO another case of a 4 seed going who does not belong, It's the truth. Montgomery can not compete with Fort Thomas and have not faired well in 5a either looking at the khsaa web site. Look for yourself, Then answer the above question.:eyeroll:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I don't think Montgomery even won a district game this season. They were beaten handily by JC and Ashland( by 30). They lost to an average Lloyd team and barely beat Spencer according to the Khsaa. It appears they are going because they are the 4th team in a 4 team district.(another one of those senarios). Looks like on the Khsaa scoreboard Rowan co. handled them the last game as well. To answer your question honestly, There will be no traps sprung in this one. The only trap to be sprung is the giant bear trap Montgomery is going to walk into in the first round. I just saw where Highlands also beat ST.X out of Ohio, My gosh didn't they just beat Moeller? IMO another case of a 4 seed going who does not belong, It's the truth. Montgomery can not compete with Fort Thomas and have not faired well in 5a either looking at the khsaa web site. Look for yourself, Then answer the above question.:eyeroll:
Not putting Montgomery down but they really were not competetive in 5a this year. Highlands is the elite in 5a mabey would be even in 6a this year.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I don't think Montgomery even won a district game this season. They were beaten handily by JC and Ashland( by 30). They lost to an average Lloyd team and barely beat Spencer according to the Khsaa. It appears they are going because they are the 4th team in a 4 team district.(another one of those senarios). Looks like on the Khsaa scoreboard Rowan co. handled them the last game as well. To answer your question honestly, There will be no traps sprung in this one. The only trap to be sprung is the giant bear trap Montgomery is going to walk into in the first round. I just saw where Highlands also beat ST.X out of Ohio, My gosh didn't they just beat Moeller? IMO another case of a 4 seed going who does not belong, It's the truth. Montgomery can not compete with Fort Thomas and have not faired well in 5a either looking at the khsaa web site. Look for yourself, Then answer the above question.:eyeroll:

I looked. I was just priming the pump. :biggrin:
Can you dig it? Wrote:I looked. I was just priming the pump. :biggrin:
LOL I figured that after I just now saw your location. I first saw the picture of that ole' barn I had the assumption you were from Montgomery.:thatsfunn kiddin'
MR.PERFECT Wrote:LOL I figured that after I just now saw your location. I first saw the picture of that ole' barn I had the assumption you were from Montgomery.:thatsfunn kiddin'

Actually, I think that barn was in Lewis County.
As for the game, I think Dale will be treating this much like the Scott game. No AC, Bardo in to continue to get his legs back under him, lots of JV players in early, Fennell with another career night, and Towles getting the chance to gain a bit more confidence. Like Whack said, a Scott/Montgomery County matchup would be an interesting game.
Yeah, this is kinda a rediculous game, Montgomery Co should just go ahead and forfeit:lmao: this one because i can't even imagine how many points Highlands JV could score on Montgomery Co! So for the first time im not gonna post a score because if Highlands varsity plays the whole game they could legitimately score over 100 points in this game! So all im gonna say is that HIGHLANDS WINS BIG!!
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, this is kinda a rediculous game, Montgomery Co should just go ahead and forfeit:lmao: this one because i can't even imagine how many points Highlands JV could score on Montgomery Co! So for the first time im not gonna post a score because if Highlands varsity plays the whole game they could legitimately score over 100 points in this game! So all im gonna say is that HIGHLANDS WINS BIG!!
OH GEEEZE....If Highlands left their varsity in the whole game they would most definately score 100 or better.:yikes:
Can you dig it? Wrote:Okay, screwed that up. :HitWall: I tried to do this with a poll, but I forgot to check "YES" after I put in how many choices. Can someone with the power put the poll in here, and make it public? Thanks.

:Thumbs:
Higlands in a running clock game
Stardust Wrote::Thumbs:

Excellent. Thanks.TongueirateSho
As a big fan and long time supporter of Highlands, Highlands will play its varisty first half, but then play JV/Frosh 2nd half.

Highlands-63
Mont-0
Highlands can do w/e they want in this game.
Good luck Montgomery......
Godspeed m.c....godspeed, lol
Highlands by 50
Highlands BIG!
Highlands will go "Bell County" on Montgomery's butt!! 10,000 - 2 HHS.

:flame:
Highlands by 60
GRIFFIN Wrote:Highlands by 60

Don't equate Highlands to other northern kentucky teams that run it up. Sure there are teams that run the score up to pad stats on individual players or to get attention that they feel they deserve, but that is not the way Highlands does business. Dale uses his starters only sparingly.... Highlands won't win by 60.:Thumbs:
I'd say ask the team physician to accompany them on the trip.
Highlands should run a 2 for 1 on tickets for this game b/c nobody is going to watch this train wreck....I think Montgomery Co. is coming up to watch the Bluebirds as well.....:igiveup:
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Highlands should run a 2 for 1 on tickets for this game b/c nobody is going to watch this train wreck....I think Montgomery Co. is coming up to watch the Bluebirds as well.....:igiveup:

Well there may not be many there, but there may be a million people aware of the game. The following was in the USA Today yesterday.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/foo...uper25.htm

9. Highlands, Fort Thomas, Ky. (10-0)

Previous: 9. Result: QB Patrick Towles threw for a TD and ran for a TD in a 31-14 win Friday vs. Ryle (Union). Next: Friday vs. Montgomery County (Mount Sterling) in first round of 5A playoffs.
Fort Thomas Highlands 44
Montgomery County 12
Did you just land, rocket man? Better do some homework before making such a ridiculous post.
rocket01 Wrote:Fort Thomas Highlands 44
Montgomery County 12

whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Did you just land, rocket man? Better do some homework before making such a ridiculous post.

I don't see anything wrong wit his post at all. Care to elaborate?
And I guess that's the ball that hit you on the head, right?
highlands by a whopping whole bunch
Pages: 1 2