Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 2009-2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is everyones thoughts on the Russell Red Devils this season?
I think your Red Devils are going to be better than most people think.

For all intents and purposes, the bulk of the team will now be beginning their third year of playing major minutes, and like the old saying goes - "There's no substitute for experience".

By the end of the season, they should be a tough out in the district tournament, and who knows, when it comes to the regional tournament.
I know they return Kyle Skaggs who got a lot of playing time as an 8th grader last year and he can really stroke the 3 ball. I hope Kidwell will work to get some of our talented football players out that are talented at basketball as well.
I would expect to see Taylor, Davidson, Dehoff, and Bailey on the hardwood for the Red Devils.
Anyone know or can find out for sure what football devils will be coming out for basketball this year? Or maybe can get a full roster.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Anyone know or can find out for sure what football devils will be coming out for basketball this year? Or maybe can get a full roster.

I'm fairly confident that the kids listed above will be out, at least these are the only ones I can think of that can contribute anything to the basketball program unless theres a sleeper in the crowd.
ttt
If anybody goes to the meet the devils and lady devils tomorrow please post what you saw and who's playing for the boys and girls this year. I won't be making this since Kentucky Basketball plays at 7 pm.
Did anyone attend "Meet the Devils"? I'm curious as to how the team looks. Are all of the same guys from last year back? Are there any new players?
I will get my preview in a few hours time and I will post The Russell Roster.:devilflam
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I will get my preview in a few hours time and I will post The Russell Roster.:devilflam
production problems has delayed the preview until sunday night/monday morning paper
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I will get my preview in a few hours time and I will post The Russell Roster.:devilflam

Do you know if the preview will be online?
Jarons Wrote:Do you know if the preview will be online?

No this is something that only people who pay for the paper will get.
I'm from Russell and I think Russell wil be better than last year because there will be more older kids playing.Last year they started freshman and only about 2 seniors.
sasquatchsportz Wrote:I'm from Russell and I think Russell wil be better than last year because there will be more older kids playing.Last year they started freshman and only about 2 seniors.
Most of us Russell posters are from Flatwoods or Russell and either have kids that went there or graduated from Russell like me. Welcome to the site we always like when more Russell posters join. Also Russell just had one fresman last year it was 2 8th graders and a bunch of 10th graders and a few jrs and 2 sr's were on the team.

There was 1 9th grader last year that started and one 8th grader that I can remember. The 10th grade class had a lot of players on the team last year.
Andrew hogg and Ross may are the ones who were senior starters last year.
How did Russell do against Morgan County? I know they scrimaged, but I never found out how it went. I know morgan also returns some talent this year.
Coffee Can Wrote:How did Russell do against Morgan County? I know they scrimaged, but I never found out how it went. I know morgan also returns some talent this year.
Hammered morgan as a poster put it but Morgan didn't have their point guard but if Russell beat them by as much as it sounded then the point guard woudn't have mattered.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Hammered morgan as a poster put it but Morgan didn't have their point guard but if Russell beat them by as much as it sounded then the point guard woudn't have mattered.

What happen to their point guard?
Coffee Can Wrote:What happen to their point guard?
don't know
His name is Tanner Roy, he hurt his shoulder in the blue/gold game. He did not play in the scrimage against Paintsville either, Morgan should be better than how they played against Russell.
Russell does play hard.
Amoeba Wrote:His name is Tanner Roy, he hurt his shoulder in the blue/gold game. He did not play in the scrimage against Paintsville either, Morgan should be better than how they played against Russell.
Russell does play hard.
they might be better but it sounded like it was pretty much a beat down and I don't think the point guard would have made it too much closer.
Casey Stapleton will be playing
No with point guard it wouldn't have mattered. I have seen alot of Matthew Perry's teams they all play hard, he could not get them to play hard that game. They will play hard!!
Paintsville game they did play hard and was without PG, but they looked alot better and did beat Paintsville.
How long is Tanner Roy going to be out? I watched him last year and just kept getting better all season. He should be one of the top 4 or 5 guards in the region.
Unless something bad happens this week, he should be suiting up Fri..against Elliott.
He has got quicker and stronger since last year, he is for sure fun to watch.
Russell's Roster is as follows:

#4 Brandon Boyd 6'2 195 11th
#5 Scotty Ross 5'9 180 12th
#10 Corey Leach 6'2 165 11th
#11 Jacob Porter 5'10 135 9th
#12 Nathan Taylor 6'0 165 12th
#15 Kyle Skaggs 6'1 150 9th
#20 Casey Stapleton 6'0 155 12th
#22 Tyler Parsley 5'11 140 10th
#24 Tanner Alexander 6'0 140 12th
#25 Grant Mckenzie 5'11 160 11th
#31 Kirby Whittaker 6'3 175 12th
#32 Michael Pennington 5'11 175 10th
#33 Luke Bailey 6'2 180 10th
#35 Austin Hunt 6'0 170 9th
#40 Justin Davidson 6'4 220 10th
#42 Logan Dehoff 6'2 190 10th
#44 Lucas Stuart 5'11 185 10th
#54 Zachary Bailey 6'5 240 11th
losses from last years team:
william fullen-didn't return this season
patrick cooper-didn't return this season
austin christie-didn't return this season
ross may- srs last year
andrew hogg -srs last year

additions to this years team.

jacob porter
Tyler parsley
Michael pennington
Luke bailey
logan dehoff
Lucas stuart
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:losses from last years team:
william fullen-didn't return this season
patrick cooper-didn't return this season
austin christie-didn't return this season
ross may- srs last year
andrew hogg -srs last year

additions to this years team.

jacob porter
Tyler parsley
Michael pennington
Luke bailey
logan dehoff
Lucas stuart

Why didn't these players return? Disagreement with the coach?
Gold Charger Wrote:Why didn't these players return? Disagreement with the coach?
I think cooper might have been hurt the rest maybe didn't make the team from tryout.
Pages: 1 2