Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Lady Devils 2009-2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is everyones thoughts on this seasons Lady Devils?
I think Mrs. Layne will do a great job with what she has to work with and will build a good program with time
legendinownmind Wrote:I think Mrs. Layne will do a great job with what she has to work with and will build a good program with time
She certainly has more athletes to work with at Russell.
Its been a long drought of region championships for the lady devils with the last one coming between the 92-93 through about the 96-97 season. I know a girl who was a great player in her time at Russell and played on a region championship team she used to live down the road from me. She graduated in 97.
Russell's Roster is as follows:

#3 Hannah Carter 5'5 8th
#4 Rachel McDade 5'3 8th
#5 Ginny Ferguson 5'9 12th
#10 Gabrielle Cassity 5'9 10th
#11 Katie Daniels 5'5 10th
#20 Kayla Parsley 6'0 12th
#21 Arden Gross 5'10 9th
#22 Hope Parsley 5'8 8th
#23 Lexi Berry 5'3 8th
#24 Peyton McDade 5'2 10th
#25 Molly Baldridge 5'5 10th
#30 Sarah Hanson 5'7 12th
#34 Jordan Smith 5'4 11th
#35 Emily Hanson 5'8 9th
#43 Brittany Abrams 5'3 10th
Mrs. Layne was 22-62 her last 3 years at Fairview, I guess we will wait and see if more talent translates into more wins at Russell.
porkchop Wrote:Mrs. Layne was 22-62 her last 3 years at Fairview, I guess we will wait and see if more talent translates into more wins at Russell.
Comparing what she did at fairview has to revelence to what she will do at Russell. She played and started for hop brown at West carter and won a state championship so I have to believe Russell will play like those teams from West Carter did. I have no doubt she knows the game of basketball. Comparing talent from fairview and Russell is like comparing night and day. If she doesn't win at Russell we could have some problems but i'm sure they will give her at least 2-5 years to get it going.
what about the freshman team?
redwhiteandblue Wrote:what about the freshman team?
I don't have any clue about the freshman team roster or anything about them the daily independent preview was all varsity. I might be able to find a roster on reddevilsports.com
they have a pretty good girl uhh number 23. post player. she played good against boyd's big girl on the freshman team
redwhiteandblue Wrote:they have a pretty good girl uhh number 23. post player. she played good against boyd's big girl on the freshman team
Must not be the varsity #23 then shes an 8th grader like 5'3 and not a post player.