Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kelsey Sorrell Memorial held at Simon Kenton on Saturday November 21st.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This the schedule for the Kelsey Sorrell Memorial held at Simon Kenton on Saturday November 21st. JV plays in auxillary gym while Varsity plays in the main gym.
9:00 am St. Henry vs Campbell Co
10:30 Cooper vs Newport
12:00 Dixie vs Cov Cath
1:30 Simon Kenton vs. Oak Hill
3:00 Beechwood vs Fleming Co.
4:30 Holy Cross vs Lewis Co.
6:00 Simon Kenton Lady Pioneers vs TBA
7:30 Scott vs Colerain
9:00 Clark Co vs Holmes

The game between GRC and Holmes should be a great matchup.
This event as a whole should be great for all the teams involved and it benefits a great cause.

Really looking forward to that GRC-Holmes match up.
kywldcat01 Wrote:This event as a whole should be great for all the teams involved and it benefits a great cause.

Really looking forward to that GRC-Holmes match up.

Can you explain to us the background of this event?

The GRC vs Holmes game will be loaded with talent.
Gold Charger Wrote:Can you explain to us the background of this event?

The GRC vs Holmes game will be loaded with talent.

Kelsey Sorrell is, I believe, the sister of current SK boys basketball player Casey Sorrell.

Kelsey was tragically killed in a car accident back in January. She had previously graduated from Notre Dame Academy and just finished her first semester at UK.

This is this first year of this event and I'm pretty sure all proceeds go toward a scholarship fund in her name.

If someone has more information, feel free to pass it along.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Kelsey Sorrell is, I believe, the sister of current SK boys basketball player Casey Sorrell.

Kelsey was tragically killed in a car accident back in January. She had previously graduated from Notre Dame Academy and just finished her first semester at UK.

This is this first year of this event and I'm pretty sure all proceeds go toward a scholarship fund in her name.

If someone has more information, feel free to pass it along.

Thanks for the info. Knew that GRC was scrimmaging Holmes at SK but didn't realize what the event was in honor of.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thanks for the info. Knew that GRC was scrimmaging Holmes at SK but didn't realize what the event was in honor of.

Yea the event is definetly for a good cause.

If you can't make it, I plan on blogging from the game to keep everyone updated.
Actually, I just spoke with the powers that be and I may be able to bring live video coverage (at nkysports.com) of all of the games on the 21st, including the big game between Holmes and GRC.

I'll keep you all updated.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Actually, I just spoke with the powers that be and I may be able to bring live video coverage (at nkysports.com) of all of the games on the 21st, including the big game between Holmes and GRC.

This would be great, keep us informed.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Actually, I just spoke with the powers that be and I may be able to bring live video coverage (at nkysports.com) of all of the games on the 21st, including the big game between Holmes and GRC.

Any updates on the live video coverage?????
Gold Charger Wrote:Any updates on the live video coverage?????

We're working on getting sponsors at the moment.
kywldcat01 Wrote:We're working on getting sponsors at the moment.

Game is Saturday...time is runnign out. Hope you get the sponsors.
Gold Charger Wrote:Game is Saturday...time is runnign out. Hope you get the sponsors.

I'm confident that Dr. Cyril Benjamin (NKY Chiropractic) will sponsor us. We're just working on raising a little more money so we can provide a better feed.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I'm confident that Dr. Cyril Benjamin (NKY Chiropractic) will sponsor us. We're just working on raising a little more money so we can provide a better feed.

When will you know?
Gold Charger Wrote:When will you know?

I just got off the phone with my partner that would be helping with the broadcast. Pretty much we're just waiting to hear back from a server company (who also covers the state tournament). We're waiting to see if they can set up an account for us so we can broadcast from their server, as it provides a much better feed than the one we currently use.

I have an email in to Jeff Marksberry (AD at SK) as well asking him for permission to broadcast there. That would be the only thing holding us back.

I hope to know something for sure no later than first thing tomorrow morning.
I spoke with Coach Steiner of SK earlier tonight and he gave us permission to broadcast the game.

When I get the final details, I'll post them.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I spoke with Coach Steiner of SK earlier tonight and he gave us permission to broadcast the game.

When I get the final details, I'll post them.

He is a very nice guy, knew you would have no problem there.
Gold Charger Wrote:He is a very nice guy, knew you would have no problem there.

Yea he is.

Not sure if we will be broadcasting the game on ihigh.com or nkysports.com but when I get confirmation tonight, I'll post.
This is the second year for the Kelsey Sorrell Memorial.This years class is loaded compared to last years. The GRC vs Holmes Game will be a dandy. But if i had the chance to spend all day up the i would watch the Colerain vs Scott High Game. Scott lost to GRC by 4 in the 10th region semifinals and lost to Holmes by 1 in overtime. Other games that will be fun to watch are Simon Kenton vs Oak Hills and Cooper vs Newport.
I just got the final word and alll is a go for Saturday. We will for sure be covering the Holmes-GRC game and bringing live video feed of the game.

You can watch the game on nkysports.com or go to ihigh.com and find a link to the game under the broadcasts link. On nkysports.com , there should be a link to the game on the main page, but if not, you can watch it under the broadcasts link.

Hope everyone enjoys. We'll be covering a lot of nky basketball this year which is something that has been rare in the area in the past.
Gold Charger Wrote:He is a very nice guy, knew you would have no problem there.
Good guy haven't seen him in years since he left Lawrence County.
Last Year Premiere Game Was Holmes VS Mason County
Peacedomes85 Wrote:This is the second year for the Kelsey Sorrell Memorial.This years class is loaded compared to last years. The GRC vs Holmes Game will be a dandy. But if i had the chance to spend all day up the i would watch the Colerain vs Scott High Game. Scott lost to GRC by 4 in the 10th region semifinals and lost to Holmes by 1 in overtime. Other games that will be fun to watch are Simon Kenton vs Oak Hills and Cooper vs Newport.

Actually it was 6 points, 46-40. Regular season GRC beat them by 11. Scott is well coached and always is a contender come tourney time.

kywldcat01 Wrote:I just got the final word and alll is a go for Saturday. We will for sure be covering the Holmes-GRC game and bringing live video feed of the game.

You can watch the game on nkysports.com or go to ihigh.com and find a link to the game under the broadcasts link. On nkysports.com , there should be a link to the game on the main page, but if not, you can watch it under the broadcasts link.

Hope everyone enjoys. We'll be covering a lot of nky basketball this year which is something that has been rare in the area in the past.

Thanks for the info. Gald it is going to be broadcasted.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thanks for the info. Gald it is going to be broadcasted.

If you go to ihigh.com, you have to click Kentucky under states and there will be a link there on the Kentucky page.

At nkysports.com, click the broadcasts link and there will be a link to the game there.

We will be using ihigh's server (they also cover the state tournament), so the feed for the game should be very good.
kywldcat01 Wrote:If you go to ihigh.com, you have to click Kentucky under states and there will be a link there on the Kentucky page.

At nkysports.com, click the broadcasts link and there will be a link to the game there.

We will be using ihigh's server (they also cover the state tournament), so the feed for the game should be very good.

Thanks, will you be calling the game? Seems like I read you reference that on here.
Gold Charger Wrote:Thanks, will you be calling the game? Seems like I read you reference that on here.

Yes. Myself and my partner, Damian Roll, will be calling the game.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Yes. Myself and my partner, Damian Roll, will be calling the game.

Good Deal.
I recommend using the broadcasts link at nkysports.com tomorrow night.

That will probably be the easiest to access.
kywldcat01 Wrote:I recommend using the broadcasts link at nkysports.com tomorrow night.

That will probably be the easiest to access.

Is ihigh not broadcasting it? Checked the site and it dosn't have it listed???
Gold Charger Wrote:Is ihigh not broadcasting it? Checked the site and it dosn't have it listed???

We're not sure whether our equipment is going to work with the ihigh server or not so that's why it isn't listed.

If we can't broadcast it from ihigh, it will for sure be on nkysports.com under our broadcasts link. We'll just be using a different server.
kywldcat01 Wrote:We're not sure whether our equipment is going to work with the ihigh server or not so that's why it isn't listed.

If we can't broadcast it from ihigh, it will for sure be on nkysports.com under our broadcasts link. We'll just be using a different server.

Be sure to post a link!!
Pages: 1 2