Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins @ Pikeville 11/6: Broadcast 98.1/1240 Oldies Radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predictions and thoughts?
Pikeville
2 Ex-Assistant Coaches from LCC from last year meeting up in the first round. Best of Luck Guys!
The KHSAA is going to have to try to do something about teams making the playoffs by default. What kind of playoff is it when you have a team, in Jenkins, that is 1-9 overall, 0-3 in their district and losing games by an average score of 44-10 making the post season? This makes the playoff competition much weaker. I would much rather see the KHSAA only allow 3 teams from each district to make the playoffs, with the 2nd and 3rd seeds playing one another, and the 1st seed getting a bye. My only question is why reward a team that is 1-9 (0-3) with a playoff game? With that being said...Pikeville by 8+ tds.
I agree Eric. There shouldnt be a team in this entire state make the playoffs without winning a district game. Why not merge districts? Do like they do in the SEC, where you dont have to play every team every year, but revolve the schedule every three or four years. Im gonna take Pikeville in a titanic struggle, 66-0.
Panthers over the Fighting Shermans, 52-12.
im going with pikeville in this ball game over jenkins, good luck panthers, and get the job done and get a win.
Pikeville blows Jenkins off the field and busts the lights in the scoreboard....Literally.
If Betsy Layne put 40 on them, Pikeville will hang 80( If they want to). Hazard and Pikeville for the region. Pikeville needs to make an example.
Pikeville should be able to get the job done with no problem.
I'm gonna take Pikeville by as much as they want.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Pikeville blows Jenkins off the field and busts the lights in the scoreboard....Literally.
If Betsy Layne put 40 on them, Pikeville will hang 80( If they want to). Hazard and Pikeville for the region. Pikeville needs to make an example.
Beating Jenkins 80-0 is making an example...I promise!
Panthers win easily.

Good luck to both teams!
Pikeville wins.......

Good luck to both...
Pikeville 42-0
Running clock...2nd quarter.
I agree tidehoss. This is a good idea.
ericfdx Wrote:The KHSAA is going to have to try to do something about teams making the playoffs by default. What kind of playoff is it when you have a team, in Jenkins, that is 1-9 overall, 0-3 in their district and losing games by an average score of 44-10 making the post season? This makes the playoff competition much weaker. I would much rather see the KHSAA only allow 3 teams from each district to make the playoffs, with the 2nd and 3rd seeds playing one another, and the 1st seed getting a bye. My only question is why reward a team that is 1-9 (0-3) with a playoff game? With that being said...Pikeville by 8+ tds.
I agree 100% with you, It's all about money. Mabey Pikeville can show the khsaa why this shouldn't happen Friday night.
This won't even be a game, how did a team like Jenkins make it to the post season? KHSAA needs to rethink their playoff system for football or something because i have never heard of a 1 win team making to the playoffs! That is rediculous!:redboxer:
Pikeville can score at will on Jenkins
Pikeville-52
Jenkins-7
Pikeville by 50
This comes up every year.
I think there have been zero win teams make the playoffs.
I prefer two teams per district, but it's not that big of a deal.

What happens in basketball and baseball if Jenkins wins one game?
They play in the district tournament.
leecoukfan Wrote:This won't even be a game, how did a team like Jenkins make it to the post season? KHSAA needs to rethink their playoff system for football or something because i have never heard of a 1 win team making to the playoffs! That is rediculous!:redboxer:
Pikeville-52
Jenkins-7
I agree but it's all about the money...Howelse can you justify it? seriously..Just my opinion but is there another logical reason, If so I'd like to hear it.:ChairHit:
leecoukfan Wrote:This won't even be a game, how did a team like Jenkins make it to the post season? KHSAA needs to rethink their playoff system for football or something because i have never heard of a 1 win team making to the playoffs! That is rediculous!:redboxer:
Pikeville-52
Jenkins-7

This is the result of 6 divisions of football. Last year Lawrence County went in to the playoffs with a record of 0-10, of course this year they go in at 10-0. There is the chance of quite a few teams with 0 district wins playing next Friday. There are a great number of districts with only 4 teams and they automatically go to round one. Jenkins plays in one of those 4 team districts (Hazard, Harlan, Pineville and Jenkins).
gotcha2 Wrote:This is the result of 6 divisions of football. Last year Lawrence County went in to the playoffs with a record of 0-10, of course this year they go in at 10-0. There is the chance of quite a few teams with 0 district wins playing next Friday. There are a great number of districts with only 4 teams and they automatically go to round one. Jenkins plays in one of those 4 team districts (Hazard, Harlan, Pineville and Jenkins).

You are very much correct on this one. Out of 48 Districts in the state, there are 24 districts with only 4 teams. So theoretically, 24 teams could be winless and advance to our state playoff system. This will probably not change. In years past, only the top two teams advanced to the post season. This eliminated many northern and central ky teams in tough Districts and was a no go. Further, I recall an instance that 3 teams had one loss and a coin toss decided the top two teams as tie breaker. I may be wrong, but I think it involved Whitesburg, P-burg and M.C. Napier sometime in the late 80's or early 90's, so that was no good either. If they go to three teams, then you have an extra week for some, time off for another, as the number 1's would get a bye and has been shot down many times. The same dilemna arises with either allowing everyone post season opportunities or adding or subtracting the total number of districts to get every district an equal number of participants.
Where is this game at
cavspride Wrote:Where is this game at

Pikeville. I would vote for the 3 teams from each district idea. I mentioned this a couple of years ago. Let your district champ get a bye and then they would play the 2 and 3 winner. Pikeville rolls in this one. 55-0.
Pikeville enough said
Pikeville by as much as they want , but a bad setup by the KHSAA.Hope for a safe & clean game.
Quote:Panthers over the Fighting Shermans, 52-12.

haha
This is another example of what is wrong with the current playoff system. Pikeville by 50