Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: St. Xavier 63 - Covington Catholic - 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
So how can this game be used as a barometer to compare St. X to Highlands
I think St. X is just a tad bit better.
I'd say St. X is a bit better.

But really CovCath just isn't very going and probably can't be used as a means of measuring who is better between HHS and St. X because CovCath is bad/inconsistent. They look okay one day and pitiful the next. I love the enthusiasm and optimism the program has right now, and I love the coaching...definitely feel they're going in the right direction, but they just aren't really too good this year.
CatDawg Wrote:I think St. X is just a tad bit better.

Keep in mind that Highlands is a new team offensively. With that said, they fumbled consistently at Cov. Cath in the red zone. The scores can't be used as a barometer. Highlands/St. X louisville would definitely be a great game now, but when Bardo and AC were healthy, forget about it. That Highlands team would have absolutely crushed anyone in the state of Kentucky. They were arguably the best team ever assembled in the history of the program. One night in September hushed all doubters. With that said, the current Highlands team would still defeat Louisville St. X. with their defense. There is no team in the state that will hold Highlands to less than 21 points offensively and no team in the state that would score more than 21 on this defense. Put that in your pipe and smoke it......
^ I would agree. IMO, with Bardo at QB and AC healthy, the Birds would beat St. X this year. I don't think they would crush them, but beat them, yes....
St. Xavier tallied 363 yards rushing on 39 carries while holding Covington Catholic to 28 yards on 25 carries.

Junior Alex Slabaugh scored Covington Catholic’s only touchdown, an 11-yard run in the fourth quarter.
CovCath 0 0 0 7 -- 7
St. Xavier 13 29 15 6 -- 63

S–McMurry 18 run (pass failed)
S–McMurry 18 run (Gray kick)
S–Neal 4 run (Gray kick)
S–Montano 36 run (kick failed)
S–Neal 54 pass from Brohm (Gray kick)
S–Safety
S–McMurry 6 pass from Neal (Gray kick)
S–Hayden 57 run (Gray kick)
S–Goodwin 4 run (kick failed)
S–Safety
C–Slabaugh 11 run (Talkers kick)
S–Hayden 70 run (kick failed)
Records: S 9-1.

Kentucky.com
That Highlands/ St. Xavier OH. game should have been a blowout. Highlands walked all over them. They would have defeated Louisville with ease....
^ I watched that game to..... Blowout? Birds missed opps, but St. X self imploded as well.
I defer to post #5.....:thatsfunn
^ and I to #6.... TongueirateSho

:biggrin: