Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 14 Lexington Catholic 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
wow what happen here
Man, LC lead 13-0 at one point. I was hoping for the upset. Great try Knights! Congrats to the Rocks.
I would have loved to see lex cath win this one, but oh well. Great job knights.
Lc sounds like they are pretty good wish they would have won.....
logmountainboy64 Wrote:Lc sounds like they are pretty good wish they would have won.....

Lex. cath.does have a good team this year.i also wish they had won.
Trinity spent most of the first half on their side of the 50 (except for one drive right before the half).

LexCath was winning 13-0 at the half. It was Senior Night, and they didn't even get a chance to go into their locker room and make adjustments.

Hand it to Trinity, they came out a little more energized. Made a couple of decent plays.

LexCath had a TD called back on a VERY QUESTIONABLE holding call in the endzone. Next play LexCath fumbled a handoff and Trinity recovered. Those points probably would have been enough to shut the door.
kinda puts Boyle county into perspective solid number 2 in the state. great try nights gl the rest of the season.
Wow, LC is good, but T is down
bchater Wrote:kinda puts Boyle county into perspective solid number 2 in the state.

I usually don't like to get off topic in a thread, but this statement really boggles my mind. There is NO WAY Boyle County is a "solid number 2" in the state.

Just for argument's sake, would Boyle be ranked ahead of Highlands or St. X?
Not sure how he was meaning it but I took it as a solid number 2 in 4a.
CatDawg Wrote:Not sure how he was meaning it but I took it as a solid number 2 in 4a.

Now that I agree with wholeheartedly. :Thumbs:
Boyle is already at #1 in 4A and have been all season.
Catholic has really turned there season around even though losing there last 2 to Boyle by one and Trinity by 1..Wasn't it the same score as well?
Trinity 14 Lexington Catholic 13

Trinity 0 0 7 7 14

Lexington Catholic 0 13 0 0 13

Scoring summary:
LC--Greg Raglin 16 run (kick failed); LC--Raglin 21 run (Benton Hupman kick); T--Xavier Thomas 1 run (Cooper Bohn kick); T--Thomas 1 run (Bohn kick).
Records: Trinity 6-4, Lexington Catholic 13

Knetucky.com
Surprising score!
http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/1000055.html

Trinity escapes Catholic with TD at 0:21
Staff, Special Reports Lexington Catholic took a 13-0 lead over No. 2 Trinity deep into the third quarter Friday night but missed the upset when Xavier Thomas scored from a yard out with 21 seconds left. Cooper Bohn's extra point gave the Shamrocks a 14-13 victory in the regular-season finale.

Trinity (6-4) is 15-1 all-time when playing in Lexington.

No. 19 Catholic (6-4) got second-quarter touchdown runs of 16 and 21 yards by Greg Raglin, who totaled 163 yards on 26 carries. However, the Knights converted one of two PAT kicks.

Earlier, the Knights missed on a 28-yard field-goal try and lost a fumble at the Trinity 19. Catholic also came up empty in the red zone in the fourth quarter, fumbling on the Rocks' 10.

Thomas got Trinity's first score on a 1-yard run with 13 seconds left in the third quarter. That capped an 85-yard, 13-play drive. His other score completed a 54-yard, eight-play possession.
Not going to lie, I was really shocked by the score. Sound like LC came out and really to it to Trinity. Would have like to have seen LC win. What happened on the one extra point? Good luck to Tinity and LC in the playoffs.
Love it when the Louisville teams get a scare like that. Shows just how beatable those teams can be.